• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fi Money fees changes

The "Plus" account offers free debit card.

"Plus: Each user will receive a free VISA Platinum Debit Card. Zero annual card maintenance charges apply if transactions greater than ₹25K are made on the debit card in the previous 12 months. Otherwise, ₹199 will be charged."

So I just took a Fi Plus account and a physical debit card and afterwards found this rider for ₹25k spends. As always the no hidden fees people have plenty of hidden fees. I'm not saying that this information is not there. I'm saying it is not there on the app where you apply for the card. There is zero mention or even indication of this where they compare the 3 accounts and you actually apply for the debit card.

So my question on this is - if anyone would have an answer:
1. Does it need to be 25k of spends on the physical card or would online do as well? I assume there are no category restrictions here
2. What are the T&C for cancelling or closing the physical card?

I would have upgraded to the 50k account. However the interest I'm losing out on on for putting in an additional 40k far outweighs the benefits. So I was trying to find a workable alternative.

So I just took a Fi Plus account and a physical debit card and afterwards found this rider for ₹25k spends. As always the no hidden fees people have plenty of hidden fees. I'm not saying that this information is not there. I'm saying it is not there on the app where you apply for the card. There is zero mention or even indication of this where they compare the 3 accounts and you actually apply for the debit card.

So my question on this is - if anyone would have an answer:
1. Does it need to be 25k of spends on the physical card or would online do as well? I assume there are no category restrictions here
2. What are the T&C for cancelling or closing the physical card?

I would have upgraded to the 50k account. However the interest I'm losing out on on for putting in an additional 40k far outweighs the benefits. So I was trying to find a workable alternative.
its better to get a reply via email. you will have better clarity

Just my 2 cents on Fi

I have a infinite account with them.
The exchange they provide even with 0 forex markup is worse than paying with CC with 1% forex markup!

I swiped Fi debit card, Federal Celesta, IDFC wealth on same day.

IDFC wealth along with forex markup and GST gave better conversion than Fi debit card.

Even, Federal Celesta gave slightly better rate, though not much of difference.

Some stated that Fi charges 2.5% + GST which gets reversed, but I haven’t seen any credit transactions into my account yet.

Back