• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fraudulent Transaction on Axis Bank Credit Card - No Temporary Credit Provided

theboogeyman

TF Buzz
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a concerning experience I had with Axis Bank’s credit card and see if others have faced the same issue. Recently, I got a fraudulent transaction on my card from an international merchant. I reported it within 30 minutes of it happening, and the transaction was flagged by Axis.

I have Burgundy Rltn with Axis, a SR was generated for me on the call. However, it’s been a while now, and there’s been no progress on the SR, and the thing which is appauling to me, no temporary credit has been given. My bill is about to be generated, and Axis informed me over the phone that they don’t provide temporary credit for fraud unless their investigation deems it to be fraud.

What’s shocking is that even if your card is stolen and a big transaction goes through, if your bill is generated before their investigation is complete, you’re still expected to pay for it. And their TAT for the investigation is 120 Days.

Is this the case with other banks too? I’ve had good experiences with HSBC and Amex in the past, but this experience with Axis has made me really hesitant to use their card, especially for international transactions. For me it was not small but not over the top amount but if it was huge i would be down fucked rn.

How is HDFC, SBI, and others?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a concerning experience I had with Axis Bank’s credit card and see if others have faced the same issue. Recently, I got a fraudulent transaction on my card from an international merchant. I reported it within 30 minutes of it happening, and the transaction was flagged by Axis.

I have Burgundy Rltn with Axis, a SR was generated for me on the call. However, it’s been a while now, and there’s been no progress on the SR, and the thing which is appauling to me, no temporary credit has been given. My bill is about to be generated, and Axis informed me over the phone that they don’t provide temporary credit for fraud unless their investigation deems it to be fraud.

What’s shocking is that even if your card is stolen and a big transaction goes through, if your bill is generated before their investigation is complete, you’re still expected to pay for it. And their TAT for the investigation is 120 Days.

Is this the case with other banks too? I’ve had good experiences with HSBC and Amex in the past, but this experience with Axis has made me really hesitant to use their card, especially for international transactions. For me it was not small but not over the top amount but if it was huge i would be down fucked rn.

How is HDFC, SBI, and others?
You have to pay the outstanding unless Axis finishes their investigation. They will later reverse the fraudulent charges. Temporary credit for fraud is not always given.

My bill is about to be generated, and Axis informed me over the phone that they don’t provide temporary credit for fraud unless their investigation deems it to be fraud.

For now, better to pay off the Bill; so that it doesn't affect Cibil.

Coming to the 'to the Fraud Transaction' ;
1) >> https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_ViewMasDirections.aspx?id=12300 Point 10. Billing
1726720565221.webp

Now, lets define the Liability of this for you
2) >> https://www.rbi.org.in/commonman/English/Scripts/Notification.aspx?Id=2336

1726720740464.webp

Pay the Bill off; so as to not affect your Cibil.
And I am guessing, after reading those RBI Scripts, you know what to do:)

Here are the email id's for your reference >> https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-banks-customer-care-dept-email-id.25442/

Mark this answer as solution if you found it helpful for your case.

Back