• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mass Fraudulent Transactions Reported by Axis Bank Credit Card Holders

Received fraud transaction decline sms and email today from Axis

"Please note that transaction attempt for USD 19 on your Axis Bank Credit Card no. XXxx has been declined due to security reasons"

Fortunately International transactions were disabled, will block and replace the card soon
block / setting limits is the ONLY solution.. banks are helpless...

"Please note that transaction attempt for USD 19 on your Axis Bank Credit Card no. XXxx has been declined due to security reasons"

Fortunately International transactions were disabled, will block and replace the card soon
I have received exactly same one. I have blocked and replaced the card today.

I too got it last week on my magnus. blocked and replaced the card immediately. Seems like a data leak form Axis's side and all CC numbers have gone out.
PS: there are no charges for blocking and replacing and you do get the metal card.

I've learnt to keep all International transactions off on all cards except I'm actually travelling internationally.
And when you are traveling internationally , turn your international transactions on and then get a fraud sms, it's a nightmare. Cuz contacting support on phone means it's a isd call and replacement card will be impossible.
Axis needs to do something about this... Turning off international transactions is not a solution.

Back