• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Frustrated with HDFC Preferred team

I'm holding a Salary account with HDFC and a preferred customer for about 10 years and have a Times credit card for almost 10 years. However I don't any LTF credit card. My RM is of no use.

Even the Times card is not LTF. It's spend based.

I opened 0 balance account using my preferred account for Wife and mom.

I've been ghosting the relationship with my RM as she kept calling me only for ULIP, loans and other products.

They never offered any LTF credit card. My wife got Regalia LTF card but I didn't. I had to apply for add on card recently.

I got frustrated and sent an email to close my Wife's and mom's account and then I'll be closing mine.

I got a call from the preferred RM two days later and I explained the situation, I requested for Infinia or DC LTF. She said she would check and come back.

Now that she saw my account, salary, statement, she took the opportunity to sell a ULIP Term insurance.

I don't have the problem of her selling the products but everytime she comes with a hard deadline like the fund opens on 15th June, you have to apply before that etc.

She shares my mobile number with their ULIP team and they start torturing me.

Now has anyone faced this issue of RM seeing you as consumer to sell their products?

Is it a good idea to buy the products they suggest? For example, they suggested Tata Aia Param Raksha plan. Is it a good a plan? If it's good plan, why do they force the customers to take.
The marketing they do is so scary as it always comes with a deadline to force the customer to buy! This is so scary marketing strategy.
I once called them to get the process to get the CVV of my rupay credit card. They said they'll check and never came.

It feels like the preferred RM program by HDFC is just a way get access to good valued customers and allure them with products. But never solve any real problems. It is really frustrating to call the RM as every conversation leads to a ULIP product marketing. I am using only Phone banking.

And finally she offered Regalia gold LTF and she would procure the approval but she didn't call me after i declined the Term insurance.

I'm so frustrated that I don't want to continue with HDFC. Are there any good alternative to HDFC salary account with similar perks?

Got this mail today from information@hdfcbank.net

But there is no option to upgrade.

So I clicked on Next Time option and a confirmation page appear.

Anyone know how to upgrade now ??
View attachment 66669
You should get email with below subject
🚀Elevate Your Banking Experience: Upgrade Today!

And below are the steps, you need to use EVA

Click on "UPGRADE NOW" > "Ask EVA" will open on the

HDFC Bank website > Accept the Privacy Policy of the Bank by clicking

on "Proceed" > Click on "Yes" to join the Programme

Then this message was an advatisement and fake ?
You should get email with below subject
🚀Elevate Your Banking Experience: Upgrade Today!

And below are the steps, you need to use EVA

Click on "UPGRADE NOW" > "Ask EVA" will open on the

HDFC Bank website > Accept the Privacy Policy of the Bank by clicking

on "Proceed" > Click on "Yes" to join the Progr

Preferred/Imepria etc are all just shitty tags to boost the ego of account holder...They do not have any real benefits for the account holders except in 5%/10% cases....Getting these tags is inviting unwanted trouble of sales calls from RM....Better to retain minimum balance/monthly expense and invest the rest account...

Their ULIP team made my life hell by calling left right and center....They stopped calling me when i moved away my investments from HDFC....It is almost impossible to get rid of sales team...They are being trained to piss off the customer....The ULIP sales person, started messaging me for a cup of tea with her....At one point, i felt that i am being trapped....Honestly, i feel very bad for them but ULIP is the worst investment decision for anyone.

Now someone will comment, i do not have this tag therefore writing against these programs...Pls check following SS...I withdrew all my investments from HDFC and waiting patiently for my account to downgrade.

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 20-15-35 Dashboard.webp

Last edited:
Preferred/Imepria etc are all just shitty tags to boost the ego of account holder...They do not have any real benefits for the account holders except in 5%/10% cases....Getting these tags is inviting unwanted trouble of sales calls from RM....Better to retain minimum balance/monthly expense and invest the rest account...

Their ULIP team made my life hell by calling left right and center....They stopped calling me when i moved away my investments from HDFC....It is almost impossible to get rid of sales team...They are being trained to piss off the customer....The ULIP sales person, started messaging me for a cup of tea with her....At one point, i felt that i am being trapped....Honestly, i feel very bad for them but ULIP is the worst investment decision for anyone.

Now someone will comment, i do not have this tag therefore writing against these programs...Pls check following SS...I withdrew all my investments from HDFC and waiting patiently for my account to downgrade.

View attachment 66752
Absolutely True .

Back