• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting 1st Credit card for wife - HDFC

Sachin2008

TF Select
Hello,

My wife has a Savings account with HDFC and she was offered a Millennia credit card lifetime many times in the past but she refused to take it. Now I checked the Offers tab in hdfc netbnking only moneyback+ and tata nue plus showing the paid card.

I asked them(email cc) to give Millennia a credit card but they said go to the current offers. Should I take a Tata Nue card ? because it's a cobranded card later I will apply for millennia cc. (Its 1st credit card for her. no credit history)

What if I got Tata Neu this week after how much time I can apply for a primary card?
(She has been working with the center govt for the past 2 years. should I apply for a salary account? any benefit for salary account ?
Update:- I applied it and got msg ur Tata Nue card will come in a few days.

Last edited:
Hello,

My wife has a Savings account with HDFC and she was offered a Millennia credit card lifetime many times in the past but she refused to take it. Now I checked the Offers tab in hdfc netbnking only moneyback+ and tata nue plus showing the paid card.

I asked them(email cc) to give Millennia a credit card but they said go to the current offers. Should I take a Tata Nue card ? because it's a cobranded card later I will apply for millennia cc. (Its 1st credit card for her. no credit history)

What if I got Tata Neu this week after how much time I can apply for a primary card?
(She has been working with the center govt for the past 2 years. should I apply for a salary account? any benefit for salary account ?
Keep using HDFC DC for every transaction & wait for pre approved offer to change. Only take millennia or higher variant as first card.

BTW what's the limit showing in netbanking or email?

Keep using HDFC DC for every transaction & wait for pre approved offer to change. Only take millennia or higher variant as first card.

BTW what's the limit showing in netbanking or email?
The limit she got is 1L
She has preferred account (linked with mine)

I already made this mistake yesterday. Applied tata nue paid one
Should I reject this card ? or not activate it?

Reject 🤦‍♂️ it ....
OK, thanks. I will reject it for sure. They will deliver in 4-5 days. Should I reject the delivery of card?
I emailed HDFC cc grievance for Millennia cc they said to use netbanking for cc offers.
I got many offers of Millennia in 2022 and early 2023 even got DCB paid offer.
Screenshot (239).png

I have a regalia credit card and Preferred and they give this to my group account holder.

Whatever, you created a thread now instead of yesterday.

So how someone is supposed to help & your thread above shows that you didn't apply card yet.

Lol 🤣.
hehe
actually, i did blunder and slept and In the morning i got an email that your insta card is ready and main card is coming soon :D

on a serious note- I will reject the card delivery- I hope it will not effect in future because its her 1st cc

hehe
actually, i did blunder and slept and In the morning i got an email that your insta card is ready and main card is coming soon :D

on a serious note- I will reject the card delivery- I hope it will not effect in future because its her 1st cc
If limit is above 1L, you can keep Neu card if you don't have other cards for spends (I mean you or your wife, any).

Then try millennia later but it's hard to get. You'll have to go through e-mail exchanges.

Opening salary account won't help now. Just salary slip will do the job if needed.

hehe

Don't reject card delivery. Destroy the card after it arrives if you're not going to use it.

Rejecting delivery means address was an issue and it can create problems in the future.

If limit is above 1L, you can keep Neu card if you don't have other cards for spends (I mean you or your wife, any).

Then try millennia later but it's hard to get. You'll have to go through e-mail exchanges.

Opening salary account won't help now. Just salary slip will do the job if needed.
" tata nue card limit is Rs.100000 " I got this msg but its a paid card.
I need millennia so its a risky. I am emailing them to stop this tata nue

Hello,

Update:- I applied it and got msg ur Tata Nue card will come in a few days.
I don't know if my reply can help you any further.
But anyway, here it goes-

Always get a core card from HDFC before getting a Co-branded card.
Also, not in your case, But when you apply for HDFC card, try C2C, You will get a good LTF card with a better limit.

Now, You have already applied and it's been approved. The only way forward is to wait for the card delivery. And then do not activate the card. You will get so many lucrative offers to activate it. But do not fall in the trap.

One more suggestion, for the first card, try to have that bank's card where you have your salary account or savings account with huge funds. In your case, You can have a joint account with your wife and put your funds there then apply for a card for your wife.
You will get an excellent limit. Also, the approval chances will be better.

Mark my post as an answer if it helps. 🙃

Back