• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got Axis Ace Notification in Gpay. Should I apply?

I think currently free charge is best card for bill payments... Axis is running a offer currently in which card is free for 1st year... And from 2nd year... Annual fees waiver is only 50000 rs.. Which is easily can be easily achieved... I have already spent over 60000 on myzone card with a limjt of only 15000... 1 month old.... Only in yaper itself... Axis gives lot of discount offers...

I think currently free charge is best card for bill payments... Axis is running a offer currently in which card is free for 1st year... And from 2nd year... Annual fees waiver is only 50000 rs.. Which is easily can be easily achieved... I have already spent over 60000 on myzone card with a limjt of only 15000... 1 month old.... Only in yaper itself... Axis gives lot of discount offers...
Only problem is FreeCharge has started taking service charges which technically reduces the cashback percentage.

Reactions: AsB
Still 4% is no bad.... With such low fees... And practically ltf card... 50000 is nothing for axis to spend....
I don't think I can fulfill this 50k criteria as I have Axis airtel card and different cards for different purposes. This will only be useful for relatives using Jio sim. And one or two insurance payments per year.

I don't think I can fulfill this 50k criteria as I have Axis airtel card and different cards for different purposes. This will only be useful for relatives using Jio sim. And one or two insurance payments per year.
This card is also valid for normal axis offers....u can buy a iphone in yaper... And get the target completed in a month... Considering every credit card is excluding utility bills and insurance from rewards points earning... 4% is still good

Ace Features:

-
- 10% off during sales + 2%
- Bill payment - 5% (Electricity, water, gas, LPG and broadband, DTH and mobile recharges through Google Pay*)
- Swiggy, Zomato and Ola** 4%

Offline -
- 2% (except gold/insurance/jewelry)

Few notes regarding Features:

Not much useful for...

- Swiggy/Zomato - always has 100rs. offer (most of the time).

- Electricity/gas/LPG - 10% discount on amazon pay with IndusInd/BOB.

- Broadband - Usually a year pack gives 15-20% with some benefits.

- Mobile Recharges - Usually a year pack comes with a discount of 15-20%.

(Combine both Broadband and Mobile Recharges with amazon pay/paytm coupons or offer for extra benefit).

- DTH - Usually a year pack comes with a discount of 10-20% depends on negotiating skills.

- not useful for Grocery/Movies/Dining (compared with other cards).

- not useful for departmental stores (good discounts on e-vouchers).

----
Unless someone pays huge bill on electricity, a normal household person doesn't have much benefit with Ace card. My opinion - Did I miss something?
Most of the people these days, mostly have bill payments, if not shopping online. So, this is one benefit. Another one is , the 10% discount is limited to Rs 50/-, which is profitable if your bill is less than or equal to Rs 500/- . Again, very few households, who use a Credit Card will have that amount of bill. And most people have their maximum spends on the Festive Sales, which is excellent when using this card.
Also, one gets cashbacks of 2% on offline stores, which is good. Combined all that, the total cashbacks is better than any other card that I remember. Now, that SBI Cashback card is available , this card will have serious competition.
And, if someone with a very high electricity bill uses this card, then, Axis may consider that as a commercial purchase, and may close the card.
Also, Axis may change the reward system during Online Stores, if Axis is Axis. In that case, it will be very difficult to compete with SBI Cashback card.
So, for now, this is a good card. If Axis changes the reward system, then it won't be.

Freecharge on paper gives 5-1.18=3.82% on bill payments. But in reality its giving between 2-3 % only. I've complained many times to axis they everytime say due to system level issue less cashback is given and remaining will be credited next month. But this next month never comes. Same is the case with airtel credit card. Axis Bank is cheater bank. They say something and do something else in reality

Last edited:
Freecharge on paper gives 5-1.18=4.82% on bill payments. But in reality its giving between 2-3 % only. I've complained many times to axis they everytime say due to system level issue less cashback is given and remaining will be credited next month. But this next month never comes. Same is the case with airtel credit card. Axis Bank is cheater bank. They say something and do something else in reality
in that much also nothing to loose...and less chance of card blocking...one of my friends ace got blocked for paying a lic of 50000...they tagged it as commercial...and didnt listened to anything...

Ace is giving nothing on insurance premium. Why did he use it? You can use sbi cashback on amazon using byepass trick to get 5 % on everything

Freecharge on paper gives 5-1.18=4.82% on bill payments. But in reality its giving between 2-3 % only. I've complained many times to axis they everytime say due to system level issue less cashback is given and remaining will be credited next month. But this next month never comes. Same is the case with airtel credit card. Axis Bank is cheater bank. They say something and do something else in reality
5-1.18=3.82 bro.. Not 4.82..only thing is how they're calculating cashback if the value is different?

Back