• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got Offer for ICICI Emeralde Plastic (paid)

Got an offer for paid Emeralde in iMobile. I hold 4 cards with ICICI bank [MMT Visa Signature (man this card is useless!), Amazon Pay, Sapphiro (LTF, Alumni offer, Limit of ICICI with 3L) & RuPay Coral (paid)].

IMG_3859.PNG

I have a regular 10000 MAB savings a/c. Interestingly my salary is much less than required threshold for Emeralde (much much less). I don't have any big relationship, just some small FD. My annual expense is hardly around 1.5 lakh and I don't travel much. But I can afford this card and it is very tempting for me right now. I know that I will never get any such offer for Infinia or DCB from HDFC (I have Millennia LTF with meagre 50000 limit), so this may be the only shot for a premium card for me (though it is paid and not that great card) for a long time. Also I may have to travel a lot in next 2-3 years after I change my job (may be I won't get the offer that time). I will also get limit enhancement for sure and may use this card to apply for other bank's credit cards.

The drawbacks are that reward rate is low and it is paid (however, I have heard this card is very rare to get LTF or even FYF). What do you people suggest? Also is there some reward point or bonus against joining fee & annual fee? Emeralde website shows none. Also if someone has link for Emeralde annual returns, please post it here. Thank you.

I got Sapphiro around 10 month ago.
I have tow co-branded cards with 7.7L CL --- two CIBIL accounts for these two and
coral - visa, amex, rupay and Sapphiro aemx and MC -- for all these only one CIBIl account with 15L Cl..

and not just me , most of us here have CIBIL accounts for ICICI cards like above only ie. all gemstone ( excpet Emeralde) have only one account reported to CIBIL..

Please talk to ICICI CC..

1722403038699.webp

With ICICI , this is how they are shown as different accounts in CIBIL .

1) All gemstones except for Emerald shown as one account
ie. coral, Rubyx and Sapphiro
all rupay, visa , master and amex all are one account
2) each co-branded card as seperate accoun t liker MMT, AMZN etc
3) Each Emeralde varint as a seperate account like , Emeralde Visa, Amex etc..
Bro. This is not true.
ICICI sometimes creates different accounts. God knows when.

I have 4 accounts-
1, ICICI Platinum + Coral MC/Visa + Rubyx Rupay
2. ICICI Rubyx Master + Amex
3. ICICI APay
4. ICICI EPM

Bro. This is not true.

I have 4 accounts-
3. ICICI APay
4. ICICI EPM
Tha is true in most of the cases..
you need ask them why they created two seperate accounts and update here..
then you will know answers to " God Knws when?"
thanks

Last edited:
Bro. This is not true.

I have 4 accounts-
3. ICICI APay
4. ICICI EPM
Yes, this is true…. ICICI has created separate account in Cibil for my Rubyx Dual as well. They’re not ready to merge the account with my primary gemstone account even after complaint to RBI as well- IMG_1719.webp

Tha is true in most of the cases..
you need ask them why they created two seperate accounts and update here..
then you will know answers to " God Knws when?"
thanks
Already asked. They had no answer. And they didn't agree to merge the card accounts.

Reactions: SSV
Already asked. They had no answer. And they didn't agree to merge the card accounts.
Very very strange .. there has to be some logic..
because all these were allocated by the "system" . no human interventions ..

I have this scenario:
COral -visa - opened in 2018
next
Amzn Pay -2019..

At this point two CIBIL accounts accounts...

afterwards
in 2023 - Coral Rupay, Amex
in 2024 - Sapphiro - dual variant..

At this stage also - two CIBIL accounts..

if you can narrate your sequence of cards, that may throw some clues..

Might be. Just saw some strange things related to CIBIL accounts with ICICI.
true.. I too opened that Manchester card a few months ago.. just to confuse algo to get some upgrade.. and later closed in one montha sfter I got my Sapphiro dual ( on 50L TRV with 15L CL)..
that Machester still showing in my CIBIL as a seperate account..

It will be shwon as closed in the next month for sure..

true.. I too opened that Manchester card a few months ago.. just to confuse algo to get some upgrade.. and later closed in one montha sfter I got my Sapphiro dual ( on 50L TRV with 15L CL)..
that Machester still showing in my CIBIL as a seperate account..

It will be shwon as closed in the next month for sure..
CIBIL Updation: (As per my experience)

- Axis has 45-60 days policy
- Citi had 45 days (on Request Immediate Updation)
- ICICI 3 months
- Union Bank (Eternity - Had to complain to CIBIL/RBI Ombudsman for getting it cleared)
- HDFC Bank 45 days

Very very strange .. there has to be some logic..
because all these were allocated by the "system" . no human interventions ..

I have this scenario:
COral -visa - opened in 2018
next
Amzn Pay -2019..

At this point two CIBIL accounts accounts...

afterwards
in 2023 - Coral Rupay, Amex
in 2024 - Sapphiro - dual variant..

At this stage also - two CIBIL accounts..

if you can narrate your sequence of cards, that may throw some clues..
My Experience is:

- Got Amazon Pay in 2021 (1 account)
- Expressions Coral Visa in 2022 (1 Account) - The same account have 3 another cards (Rubyx Amex + MC) & Coral Rupay
- Emeralde Visa 2022 + Emeralde Amex 2023 (1 account)

Total 3 accounts - 6 cards

Reactions: SSV
My Experience is:

- Got Amazon Pay in 2021 (1 account)
- Expressions Coral Visa in 2022 (1 Account) - The same account have 3 another cards (Rubyx Amex + MC) & Coral Rupay
- Emeralde Visa 2022 + Emeralde Amex 2023 (1 account)

Total 3 accounts - 6 cards
This sounds normal .. good start..

The primary gemstone account is more than 6 years old and Rubyx dual account is just 3-4 months old, looks like I need to close Rubyx 😤
see it is almost similar to my case, my coral is about 6 years old, and I got Sapphrio about two months ago.. but sitll grouped in the same account, but in youir case your rubyx is not.. so defies logic here..
do you have any other card like AMZN or any other account?

I sent query to customer care by email as below:

"I have pre approved offer to upgrade to paid emerald card. However I am using platinum card visa, rupay coral, and sapphiro dual , all are LTF. My Question is that if I upgrade, which card will be upgraded. In other words, which old card will be closed. DO I have an option to choose, which one to close or emerald will be an additional card , even though it says as upgrade. Please confirm."

They are very efficient and have divine powers. They can even reply to something which is not asked and will NOT reply to asked Question. Here is their response with divine powers

We write with reference to your query regarding credit card.
We understand your concern.
Due to security reason we are unable to upgrade credit card through email channel.
Kindly call our customer care 1800 1080 for credit card up gradation.

Sincerely,

Looks like Customer care need to dfirst take care of their knowledge and need to reply only after reading the mail.

Do someone on this form has the answer to above?

Regards,
Sachin

see it is almost similar to my case, my coral is about 6 years old, and I got Sapphrio about two months ago.. but sitll grouped in the same account, but in youir case your rubyx is not.. so defies logic here..
do you have any other card like AMZN or any other account?
No, only these two accounts….

No, only these two accounts….
Okay, that means there is one possibility
1) at the time of your rubyx, you only have one account and they don't want to you to have only one cibil account amd hence created a second cibil account..
J am not saying it has happened like this bit just a hypothesis...

In my case I already have one gemstone account and one apay account h2mce they didn't create another account for Sapphiro dual..
Just trying to understand how it is working

Back