• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got Offer for ICICI Emeralde Plastic (paid)

Got an offer for paid Emeralde in iMobile. I hold 4 cards with ICICI bank [MMT Visa Signature (man this card is useless!), Amazon Pay, Sapphiro (LTF, Alumni offer, Limit of ICICI with 3L) & RuPay Coral (paid)].

IMG_3859.PNG

I have a regular 10000 MAB savings a/c. Interestingly my salary is much less than required threshold for Emeralde (much much less). I don't have any big relationship, just some small FD. My annual expense is hardly around 1.5 lakh and I don't travel much. But I can afford this card and it is very tempting for me right now. I know that I will never get any such offer for Infinia or DCB from HDFC (I have Millennia LTF with meagre 50000 limit), so this may be the only shot for a premium card for me (though it is paid and not that great card) for a long time. Also I may have to travel a lot in next 2-3 years after I change my job (may be I won't get the offer that time). I will also get limit enhancement for sure and may use this card to apply for other bank's credit cards.

The drawbacks are that reward rate is low and it is paid (however, I have heard this card is very rare to get LTF or even FYF). What do you people suggest? Also is there some reward point or bonus against joining fee & annual fee? Emeralde website shows none. Also if someone has link for Emeralde annual returns, please post it here. Thank you.

i am wondering why arent they offering emeralde metal. fee difference is only 500
They want to project it as "hard to get card" and compare it with Infina etc.. In reality it is not.. But ICICI is preferring to live in dreams.. what can we do ...

I got the same

I got the same offer in ibanking. Still wondering whether to go for it. BMS Bogo and Spa are the only benefits over Infinia from what i am gathering.
SSV sir and others are right. I am currently using this card and it is near useless if you are not a frequent flyer (lounge and spa). Reward rate is abysmal (1%) and there is no benefit in lieu of annual fees or joining fees. I will definitely close it during renewal if I get my hand on Atlas (otherwise may have to use it for C2C).

I have also got this Emeralde Plastic Offer for Rs 12000 Joining Fees and Annual Fees. Is there any probability of getting upgrade to Emeralde Private Metal in future from Plastic? I am also planning a housing loan of around 1 Cr shortly and I am planning to use it as a leverage against HDFC and ICICI for getting better cards if possible.

I have also got this Emeralde Plastic Offer for Rs 12000 Joining Fees and Annual Fees. Is there any probability of getting upgrade to Emeralde Private Metal in future from Plastic? I am also planning a housing loan of around 1 Cr shortly and I am planning to use it as a leverage against HDFC and ICICI for getting better cards if possible.
I doubt there is any link b/w Emeralde plastic and upgrade to Emeralde Private Metal. If you are planning to use housing loan as leverage, then better use it with HDFC to get DCB Metal or Infinia (if you don't have), IMO. ICICI cards are only for non-spend benefits and most people cannot extract much through them. Unless you are frequent traveller who can use lounge and spa, don't take it.

I doubt there is any link b/w Emeralde plastic and upgrade to Emeralde Private Metal. If you are planning to use housing loan as leverage, then better use it with HDFC to get DCB Metal or Infinia (if you don't have), IMO. ICICI cards are only for non-spend benefits and most people cannot extract much through them. Unless you are frequent traveller who can use lounge and spa, don't take it.
Thanks . I have already initiated my discussion with HDFC. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back