• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got Offer for ICICI Emeralde Plastic (paid)

Got an offer for paid Emeralde in iMobile. I hold 4 cards with ICICI bank [MMT Visa Signature (man this card is useless!), Amazon Pay, Sapphiro (LTF, Alumni offer, Limit of ICICI with 3L) & RuPay Coral (paid)].

IMG_3859.PNG

I have a regular 10000 MAB savings a/c. Interestingly my salary is much less than required threshold for Emeralde (much much less). I don't have any big relationship, just some small FD. My annual expense is hardly around 1.5 lakh and I don't travel much. But I can afford this card and it is very tempting for me right now. I know that I will never get any such offer for Infinia or DCB from HDFC (I have Millennia LTF with meagre 50000 limit), so this may be the only shot for a premium card for me (though it is paid and not that great card) for a long time. Also I may have to travel a lot in next 2-3 years after I change my job (may be I won't get the offer that time). I will also get limit enhancement for sure and may use this card to apply for other bank's credit cards.

The drawbacks are that reward rate is low and it is paid (however, I have heard this card is very rare to get LTF or even FYF). What do you people suggest? Also is there some reward point or bonus against joining fee & annual fee? Emeralde website shows none. Also if someone has link for Emeralde annual returns, please post it here. Thank you.

I sent query to customer care by email as below:

"I have pre approved offer to upgrade to paid emerald card. However I am using platinum card visa, rupay coral, and sapphiro dual , all are LTF. My Question is that if I upgrade, which card will be upgraded. In other words, which old card will be closed. DO I have an option to choose, which one to close or emerald will be an additional card , even though it says as upgrade. Please confirm."

They are very efficient and have divine powers. They can even reply to something which is not asked and will NOT reply to asked Question. Here is their response with divine powers

We write with reference to your query regarding credit card.
We understand your concern.
Due to security reason we are unable to upgrade credit card through email channel.
Kindly call our customer care 1800 1080 for credit card up gradation.

Sincerely,

Looks like Customer care need to dfirst take care of their knowledge and need to reply only after reading the mail.

Do someone on this form has the answer to above?

Regards,
Sachin
Even though they say your old card will be closed but in reality it remains active. You can upgrade to emerald if you wish, they will not close any existing card.

With ICICI , this is how they are shown as different accounts in CIBIL .

1) All gemstones except for Emerald shown as one account
ie. coral, Rubyx and Sapphiro
all rupay, visa , master and amex all are one account
2) each co-branded card as seperate accoun t liker MMT, AMZN etc
3) Each Emeralde varint as a seperate account like , Emeralde Visa, Amex etc..
I have 5 different cards from ICICI (APay, Sapphiro dual, Coral RuPay, MMT Visa Signature & Emeralde Visa) and 5 separate accounts in CIBIL. I applied for closure of Coral RuPay (paid) today. These 5 cards together have combined credit limit of 14L, while in reality it is 5L (limit of Emeralde, the highest). Though my combined limit has not crossed my income yet, I am closing unused cards and aiming to reduce ICICI credit limit. Also I took these cards when I was a newbie and too much excited for credit cards, hence basically collected them.

that's for card closure. not in cibil report.

Failure of either the banks/financial Institutions and / or CIBIL entitles you to receive a compensation of ₹100/- for each day of delay from the banks/financial Institutions and/ or CIBIL (as applicable), shall be credited to the provided account details. This compensation framework becomes effective from April 26, 2024.

Okk.. I received email after telephonic conversation regarding my CIBIL showing 4 card accounts and Convert dual sapphire card into Visa varient.

Now the problem is that I don't have TransUnion CIBIL report but only have Experian credit report. @SSV , @VISHESH_BANSAL can you please tell me how to get free TransUnion report.
Here is the mailView attachment 63519
You can get a free cibil report once a year here..

1722522457242.webp

Last edited:
Okay brother.
Next time when you got an offer of discount on CIBIL subscription then please let me know so that I can purchase
sure, sometimes they give 20% off on annual subscription then I will let you guys know..
It is better you follow my posts then you will not miss that post..
there is a probability that I may miss tagging you after several months..

sure, sometimes they give 20% off on annual subscription then I will let you guys know..
It is better you follow my posts then you will not miss that post..
there is a probability that I may miss tagging you after several months..
from now I always follow you :D

Anyways I heard that TF community provide huge discount on CBIL subscription and provide around 500/-
This time I missed the opportunity but next I will check that

I got the same
Got an offer for paid Emeralde in iMobile. I hold 4 cards with ICICI bank [MMT Visa Signature (man this card is useless!), Amazon Pay, Sapphiro (LTF, Alumni offer, Limit of ICICI with 3L) & RuPay Coral (paid)].

View attachment 40092

I have a regular 10000 MAB savings a/c. Interestingly my salary is much less than required threshold for Emeralde (much much less). I don't have any big relationship, just some small FD. My annual expense is hardly around 1.5 lakh and I don't travel much. But I can afford this card and it is very tempting for me right now. I know that I will never get any such offer for Infinia or DCB from HDFC (I have Millennia LTF with meagre 50000 limit), so this may be the only shot for a premium card for me (though it is paid and not that great card) for a long time. Also I may have to travel a lot in next 2-3 years after I change my job (may be I won't get the offer that time). I will also get limit enhancement for sure and may use this card to apply for other bank's credit cards.

The drawbacks are that reward rate is low and it is paid (however, I have heard this card is very rare to get LTF or even FYF). What do you people suggest? Also is there some reward point or bonus against joining fee & annual fee? Emeralde website shows none. Also if someone has link for Emeralde annual returns, please post it here. Thank you.
I got the same offer in ibanking. Still wondering whether to go for it. BMS Bogo and Spa are the only benefits over Infinia from what i am gathering.

I got the same

I got the same offer in ibanking. Still wondering whether to go for it. BMS Bogo and Spa are the only benefits over Infinia from what i am gathering.
It is only worth if it is LTF , otherwise , not much useful unless you are a frequent international traveller and you dont have any other cards with unlimited lounge access

Back