• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Groww, Zerodha or any other demat account for buying stocks for long term.

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
One of the most under rated broking app is mStocks from Mirae. It is one of the rarest brokers that offer zero brokerage across segments and no annual fee - if you open account with 2000 rs plan. You just need to pay one time fee of 2000 and you are done with it for lifetime. The best part it, mstocks is one of the brokers that charges the least DP charges. (Is usually the DP charges that the discounted brokers increase to compensate the reduction in brokerage amount).
Unlike many other fintech Brokers, mStocks is backed up by mirae asset management- which runs mirae mutual funds and is relatively a big player in Asian market. Recently they have also acquired sharekhan which is a full brokerage company.

On the con side, their UI is very basic & is not having advanced features like trade from Charts, but covers the basics well. Also you can invest in IPO and direct MF from the app itself. Unlike Zerodha they don't have frequent technical glitches. Hence is a decent option for long time investers (zero annual charges) and traders (zero brokerage on Intraday and f&O)

This is not a promotional post for mirae / mstocks, but as a user I was happy with it for close to 1.5 yrs and so are my friends who are using it for quite some time.

If someone wants referal link do DM me.

Last edited:

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Anyone have any experience with HDFC Securities?
(Combined with their HNI Programme, it offers decent benefits on paper)

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Anyone have any experience with HDFC Securities?
(Combined with their HNI Programme, it offers decent benefits on paper)
Yup I do have it. But still it comes no where close to the discounted brokers - from cost perspective. You would get a RM assigned and they would keep calling you with "stock" Recommendations etc and will also offer to manager your funds on your behalf 🧐.
If that they way you want things you can opt for it. Otherwise stay away from that.

srikbs8095

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
There are more things to look at other than the account maintenance charges. For all the hate that Zerodha gets, it's not even in top 5 when it comes to the downtime last year. Groww has had more downtime than Zerodha, but I guess people don't like to look at numbers and instead go by the false narratives. Besides, when you calculate average downtime per user, Zerodha has the lowest of all. A lot of people complain about Zerodha because a lot of people use it. Other apps are used by a tiny fraction and hence we don't see the complaints. Some platforms claim they don't have technical glitches, because they don't even have any users to trigger the technical glitches.

Please avoid the promotional guys like the mStock guy above.

Technofino has also been infected with sales folks from various companies.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
There are more things to look at other than the account maintenance charges. For all the hate that Zerodha gets, it's not even in top 5 when it comes to the downtime last year. Groww has had more downtime than Zerodha, but I guess people don't like to look at numbers and instead go by the false narratives. Besides, when you calculate average downtime per user, Zerodha has the lowest of all. A lot of people complain about Zerodha because a lot of people use it. Other apps are used by a tiny fraction and hence we don't see the complaints. Some platforms claim they don't have technical glitches, because they don't even have any users to trigger the technical glitches.

People have opinions let them give their personal experience

Das.N

TF Ace
True, do the research yourself and go with the broker you want personally.
If you ask people, they will always recommend what they use and from where they will get some referral bonus.

If you go with any broker in top 10 list, I don't think you will have to face any major drawbacks as all of them are monitored by SEBI.

In worst case scenario, if any of them shut down you can transfer your demat holdings from NSDL/CDSL to your new account easily.

And in case of mutual funds, there are many options available to redeem/purchase same fund. Like from AMC website/kfintech/cams/MF cental/discount brokers/full time brokers.
You can even import external funds in some app and manage it from there. So nothing to worry.

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Companies need to scale up to handle volume. If they don't people will complain. Initially I had Zerodha and was screwed in a trade due to their glitch. Only then I moved out of Zerodha.

And I am not trying to promote mStocks blindly or trying to say that other broking platforms are glitch free. In fact I had called out mStocks UI is not having advanced features. The only thing I was trying to say was that they offer zero brokerage (No hidden cost) across segments and other standard charges are also less with mStocks. And if people want to choose a broker that has least brokerage & other charges, I presented them an option.
So please don't brand other as "promotional guy" or anything else just because you are included towards one item / product / company.

Last edited:

srikbs8095

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Companies need to scale up to handle volume. If they don't people will complain. Initially I had Zerodha and was screwed in a trade due to their glitch. Only then I moved out of Zerodha.

And I am not trying to promote mStocks blindly or trying to say that other broking platforms are glitch free. In fact I had called out mStocks UI is not having advanced features. The only thing I was trying to say was that they offer zero brokerage (No hidden cost) across segments and other standard charges are also less with mStocks. And if people want to choose a broker that has least brokerage & other charges, I presented them an option.
So please don't brand other as "promotional guy" or anything else just because you are included towards one item / product / company.
Your initial comment absolutely screams promotion.

I really hope @TechnoFino implements stricter standards for admission of people into this forum.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Your initial comment absolutely screams promotion.

I really hope @TechnoFino implements stricter standards for admission of people into this forum.
Rule is refferal should be done in dm.

there is Another broker (finvasia) who also work commission free model.

AritraSaha

TF Legend

report of nse.

Sagar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am using 4 demat accounts
Zerodha, Upstox, Angle, and Fyers
I suggest to go for Zerodha and Angle

thegame

TF Premier
Since OP is looking for long-term investment, one point to note is that yes Zerodha has Rs.300 AMC where quarter wise they charge 75+GST so overall Rs.408 for a year but 0 charges for equity-delivery whereas Groww charges Rs.20 or .05% of executed order(min of this) so for buy-sell, it will be Rs 40, if OP does some 10 buy-sell in a year then it will be on par with Zerodha charges assuming long term investment (more than a year) but if you are looking for short term and going to buy-sell shares atleast 2-3 times a month then Zerodha will be cheaper..

Groww Brokerage Calculator:

Zerodhar Brokerage Calculator:

Last edited:

its_karan

TF Ace
Yup I do have it. But still it comes no where close to the discounted brokers - from cost perspective. You would get a RM assigned and they would keep calling you with "stock" Recommendations etc and will also offer to manager your funds on your behalf 🧐.
If that they way you want things you can opt for it. Otherwise stay away from that.
try HDFC Sky

Last edited:

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Using multiple broker apps but personally will recommend Dhan app which have loads of features, Zero AMC & best feature for Long Term Investor "Mark stock as Long Term" which will give prompt to confirm sell if accidently triggered Sell order when stock is marked to hold long term. There are many other features which makes Zerodha app looks far outdated in terms of interface & available features. I am using Zerodha as well as secondary app now & couple of more :)

DM me for referral :)

moneyMaker

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
I recently started using angelone, the moment I opened an account there - I started getting spam calls ("markit kaisi chal rhi hai)

Zerodha is the most trustworthy IMO.

I will move my f&o from angelone to fivasia. I seriously despise anyone who sell data.