• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Has anyone used Rupay Platinum or Select card to access Lounge in Changi airport singapore or in Vietnam airport ?

Credit card or debit card ?
I am planning to use canara rupay select debit card .
Will they allow if i use my other card for my guest ? Or name should be matched? .
Arrival lounge after immigration or before bro ?
Tata neu infinity rupay select cc.

It depends on lounge executive. Usually name should match, but sometimes if you give 2 cards in your name and have guest, they allow, it depends on lounge to lounge.

Sometimes if you are lucky and they are sleepy they won't even match name. Happened once at Changi T1 plaza premium at wee hours (3 o'clock in the morning), she didn't even check name on priority pass.

Most of Changi lounges can be accessed upon arrival before cleaning immigration. Arrival boarding pass worked for me at plaza premium T1 (see above story).

In singapore there are lounges before immigration and after arrival immigration also. After arrival immigration go to Jewel Terminal and go to "Changi lounge". You can take free shower there.

It depends on lounge executive. Usually name should match, but sometimes if you give 2 cards in your name and have guest, they allow, it depends on lounge to lounge.

Sometimes if you are lucky and they are sleepy they won't even match name. Happened once at Changi T1 plaza premium at wee hours (3 o'clock in the morning), she didn't even check name on priority pass.

Most of Changi lounges can be accessed upon arrival before cleaning immigration. Arrival boarding pass worked for me at plaza premium T1 (see above story).

In singapore there are lounges before immigration and after arrival immigration also. After arrival immigration go to Jewel Terminal and go to "Changi lounge". You can take free shower there.
I know that the lounge charged $32 if we swiped a Rupay debit card at international lounges. And later this amount is refunded by the bank.

Did the Rupay credit card also work on a similar line?

I know that the lounge charged $32 if we swiped a Rupay debit card at international lounges. And later this amount is refunded by the bank.

Did the Rupay credit card also work on a similar line?
Well HDFC website says it'll charge $3.25 and later refund for Tata neu infinity rupay select cc, but in reality I was never charged anything so no question of refund also.

In my ticket it's showing terminal 0 as arrival ( from Bangalore to Singapore) .
Do we get free food at Changi lounge jewel ?
I have following cards with international lounge access
Pnb select credit card ( recently upgraded from platinum, so waiting for card get dispatch)
Canara rupay select debit card
Canara platinum debit card
Idfc mayura credit card with dreamfolks ( i am not sure whether I will have free access until the travel date due to they have spend based access )
Icici MakeMyTrip dreamfolks ( i reserved this for T3 SATS lounge while departure from Singapore)

My wife have only one card
Federal celesta credit card with lounge key
So she have 2 access per year .
We already registered on lounge key but no idea how to use.

Since i reserved my MakeMyTrip dreamfolks card for departure, i am rely on rupay cards for arrival .
And also i wants to try rupay cards as first to check the acceptance.

In my ticket it's showing terminal 0 as arrival ( from Bangalore to Singapore) .
Do we get free food at Changi lounge jewel ?
I have following cards with international lounge access
Pnb select credit card ( recently upgraded from platinum, so waiting for card get dispatch)
Canara rupay select debit card
Canara platinum debit card
Idfc mayura credit card with dreamfolks ( i am not sure whether I will have free access until the travel date due to they have spend based access )
Icici MakeMyTrip dreamfolks ( i reserved this for T3 SATS lounge while departure from Singapore)

My wife have only one card
Federal celesta credit card with lounge key
So she have 2 access per year .
We already registered on lounge key but no idea how to use.

Since i reserved my MakeMyTrip dreamfolks card for departure, i am rely on rupay cards for arrival .
And also i wants to try rupay cards as first to check the acceptance.
@Abhishek012 @SSV @telescope

Should I tell them to try in in priority pass or diners club?
Telling has no effect. They swipe on their special machine and that machine shows them which service provider it is (because they deal with tens of networks from hundreds of different countries). Whatever network it is, they'll process it through that.

Telling has no effect. They swipe on their special machine and that machine shows them which service provider it is (because they deal with tens of networks from hundreds of different countries). Whatever network it is, they'll process it through that.
I thought they have different machine for priority pass and different for diners

I thought they have different machine for priority pass and different for diners
They do have different machines. What I saw was, when I told her "it's diners club can you check if this is eligible", she said "sure let me check", then after swiping on a machine she said "it is priority pass not diners, shall I proceed?". I asked her if she was sure about priority pass (I had no idea at that time and was little puzzled as of how can it suddenly become priority pass). Then she showed me the screen and it was indeed showing as "priority pass". She also said that they have no way to know if access is free or not. I asked her to go ahead and she swiped the card on another machine and access was granted instantly.

They do have different machines. What I saw was, when I told her "it's diners club can you check if this is eligible", she said "sure let me check", then after swiping on a machine she said "it is priority pass not diners, shall I proceed?". I asked her if she was sure about priority pass (I had no idea at that time and was little puzzled as of how can it suddenly become priority pass). Then she showed me the screen and it was indeed showing as "priority pass". She also said that they have no way to know if access is free or not. I asked her to go ahead and she swiped the card on another machine and access was granted instantly.
Breaking News : I just registered my PNB Rupay (Diners/Discover network) credit card with Priority Pass, and it was successfully activated. A digital (QR code-based) membership card is generated.

Screenshot_20240911_010348_Priority Pass.webp

Last edited:
Back