• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Add-On Cards Now Have Different Numbers but Still Send OTPs to Primary Number!

baxter

TF Buzz
You guys might already know that HDFC has started issuing add-on cards with different numbers, unlike before when both the primary and add-on cards shared the same number. I received my add-on card today, and it has a different number, but the OTP for a transaction was still sent to the primary cardholder's number. What’s going on?

brack

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have an add on with different card and mobile number, too.
All transaction OTPs so far have gone to separate phones.
Did you provide your own phone number on the application for the add on card?

baxter

TF Buzz
I have an add on with different card and mobile number, too.
All transaction OTPs so far have gone to separate phones.
Did you provide your own phone number on the application for the add on card?
I didn’t. I applied through net banking and over there there’s just options to add the add-on card holder’s customer ID, DOB and Relationship. Ideally they should’ve linked the phone number with the add-on holders customer ID.

baxter

TF Buzz
I havent used it yet but now a days transaction page shows me button regarding otp for add-on card. Have you seen/tried that?
You get that option when you’re making a transaction from the primary card. When I made a transaction through the add-on card I didn’t see that option, also it sent the OTP to the primary card holder’s number.

brack

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I didn’t. I applied through net banking and over there there’s just options to add the add-on card holder’s customer ID, DOB and Relationship. Ideally they should’ve linked the phone number with the add-on holders customer ID.
I applied offline at a branch.
Try emailing HDFC and request them to add.

Search posts for where to email.
Also search for "HDFC add on different number". There must be other cases like yours.

This thread might have some answers.

Last week, I called customer care to cancel two add-ons on my DCB metal card, which shared the same number as my primary card. The very next day, I applied for new add-ons online and got them a few days ago, each with different numbers. The add-on holders also have accounts and their own credit cards with HDFC bank. They get OTPs and transaction emails, but I don't get any alerts when they use the add-on cards.

I noticed they've added the cards to their internet banking (though it doesn't show on MyCards), where they can control everything like transaction types and limits. They can even set the PIN without me doing a thing. Here's a screenshot from one of their add-on card accounts (New UI). It looks like it's dormant since they haven't used it yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 12.03.10 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 12.03.10 AM.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

baxter

TF Buzz
Last week, I called customer care to cancel two add-ons on my DCB metal card, which shared the same number as my primary card. The very next day, I applied for new add-ons online and got them a few days ago, each with different numbers. The add-on holders also have accounts and their own credit cards with HDFC bank. They get OTPs and transaction emails, but I don't get any alerts when they use the add-on cards.

I noticed they've added the cards to their internet banking (though it doesn't show on MyCards), where they can control everything like transaction types and limits. They can even set the PIN without me doing a thing. Here's a screenshot from one of their add-on card accounts (New UI). It looks like it's dormant since they haven't used it yet.
Yes, I saw this too. However, when I try to add the add-on card from "My Cards," I get this error (see attached screenshot). It seems like their new system for add-on users is crawling with bugs.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 10.44.38 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 10.44.38 AM.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: