• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Addon number different from Primary

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received my HDFC DCB Metal Addon today. To my surprise, it has different card no. compared to my primary.
  1. I can see the addon card while setting up card controls or changing pin in mycards app. When I changed card limit or set pin, I got a mail saying addon card no. XXXX changed. But they mention primary card no. over there in place of XXXX.
  2. I don't see addon on Netbanking, when i click on addon controls. I can add addon card separately on Netbanking tho.
  3. I also checked the OTP. The OTP came on the addon mobile number!
@Ankit Goyal also received a different card number for his addon.
  1. Does anyone know about this change from HDFC? This is a big change in their card policy.
  2. Since my Primary Card is FYF, would the addon too remain FYF?
  3. Since card nos. are different, would the spending milestones of addon be counted on Primary?
I have mailed HDFC about this. Meanwhile would be helpful if forum experts can share any info on this.

Last edited:

MrJJ

TF Premier
2. If the card variant is same then, Yes it'd be FYF as well. For surety you can ask the customer care about this. It's a simple info so they won't take much of your time.

3. Addon card share primary card limit whether the card numbers are same or different doesn't matter.

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
At the risk of jumping to conclusions, HDFC might have realized that they do not have as many add-on card holders unlike SBI, ICICI or even Citi/Axis. It does not take a genius to figure out that the same card number thus the same mobile number for OTP makes the add-on card useless for independent online transactions. An add-on card holder is a much less riskier proposition compared to a brand new card holder.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
At the risk of jumping to conclusions, HDFC might have realized that they do not have as many add-on card holders unlike SBI, ICICI or even Citi/Axis. It does not take a genius to figure out that the same card number thus the same mobile number for OTP makes the add-on card useless for independent online transactions. An add-on card holder is a much less riskier proposition compared to a brand new card holder.
can we get add on card for people without hdfc acct/.

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
2. If the card variant is same then, Yes it'd be FYF as well. For surety you can ask the customer care about this. It's a simple info so they won't take much of your time.

3. Addon card share primary card limit whether the card numbers are same or different doesn't matter.
3. Sorry. I meant spend milestones.