• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC bank account opening experience

vak93

TF Buzz
Please avoid HDFC bank especially one in gurjawala town New delhi.

I tried to open HDFC bank account with an initial check of 1Lakh. but after 10 days of account was opened and debit card sent to me.
I received the debit card pin from HDFC Bank, but upon entering it at an ATM, it was declared invalid as it was valid till 2-3 days only my account was created after that date.

I requests green pin I tried several times, but the pin did not work. I immediately called your customer care service o but after waiting on hold for several minutes, the representative who took my call could not verify my customer ID, which left me quite frustrated.
Then though netbanking generated physical pin that again was invalid.

I also expect that your bank staff representatives are more knowledgeable about customer identification, and they should provide prompt and effective solutions to customer issues.but they try gain same process.

Still its been two weeks cant access mobile banking or transfer or access my funds due to the non-functional ATM card is causing me significant financial loss and mental agony. It is also causing me undue stress and inconvenience, which has resulted in a breach of my trust in HDFC Bank.

Has anyone else face this thing bank has horrible tech and process. support@hdfc email is terrible can anyone help how i can escalate and get my money back. Bank staff keep asking me visit bank and can i close this account online?

Never seen such kind of problem. You must have received a otp via sms to setup new pin when your debit card was dispatched. Please check that and generate pin via atm. If not just visit branch, they can also help to generate it.

Enable debit card online from hdfc my cards then you can set your atm pin using green pin at the hdfc atm.

I also faced similar issue and non of the bank employ had any idea about this they said I'll have to get a new debit card

In January I upgraded my Millennia card to Platinum, I never went to generate PIN at ATM.
Yeah, I am saying for new accounts, not new debit cards. As in new accounts TPT transactions are not enabled. Can only be enabled by verifying debit card. After that you can generate new pin online even for upgraded Debit Cards, as TPT gets enabled

Please avoid HDFC bank especially one in gurjawala town New delhi.

I tried to open HDFC bank account with an initial check of 1Lakh. but after 10 days of account was opened and debit card sent to me.
I received the debit card pin from HDFC Bank, but upon entering it at an ATM, it was declared invalid as it was valid till 2-3 days only my account was created after that date.

I requests green pin I tried several times, but the pin did not work. I immediately called your customer care service o but after waiting on hold for several minutes, the representative who took my call could not verify my customer ID, which left me quite frustrated.
Then though netbanking generated physical pin that again was invalid.

I also expect that your bank staff representatives are more knowledgeable about customer identification, and they should provide prompt and effective solutions to customer issues.but they try gain same process.

Still its been two weeks cant access mobile banking or transfer or access my funds due to the non-functional ATM card is causing me significant financial loss and mental agony. It is also causing me undue stress and inconvenience, which has resulted in a breach of my trust in HDFC Bank.

Has anyone else face this thing bank has horrible tech and process. support@hdfc email is terrible can anyone help how i can escalate and get my money back. Bank staff keep asking me visit bank and can i close this account online?
Hey, I also opened new accounts in last month.
I din't get any PHYSICAL PIN. I asked several time but Team said , they only can take request for physical PIN from Branch.

With OTP you should able to create PIN. It's really Strange...

In that app PIN generation Have problem.

But You can Activated all transactions from that app.

I am using My DC and account without UPI & TPT. By loading money in Paytm wallet and Amazon wallet. 😂 without generating PIN.

Nearest ATM & Branch is under construction, 😮‍💨
without activating transactions green pin doesn't work i was getting this error when i tried to create pin then after 4 days of visiting the branch i saw qr code for card activation in welcome kit and then after activation same green pin worked 😂😂

I was a bit excited because this was my first debit card so i wasted my time😅😅

Attachments

• 20230407_191627.jpg
    20230407_191627.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 22
Never seen such kind of problem. You must have received a otp via sms to setup new pin when your debit card was dispatched. Please check that and generate pin via atm. If not just visit branch, they can also help to generate it.
Did that got physical pin two time as well still when entering all those it say incorrect
-----
Enable debit card online from hdfc my cards then you can set your atm pin using green pin at the hdfc atm.

I also faced similar issue and non of the bank employ had any idea about this they said I'll have to get a new debit card

No on mycards hdfc website it say this . that use mobile banking
-------

Yeah, I am saying for new accounts, not new debit cards. As in new accounts TPT transactions are not enabled. Can only be enabled by verifying debit card. After that you can generate new pin online even for upgraded Debit Cards, as TPT gets enabled
yes tried this as well the pin is set it said gave error that user ID invalid.
-----

Worst part is unable to get hold of customer care as it says unable to verify me though IVR say my last name. This bank is beyond terrible.
their support team just give copy past answers to regenerate ping while i already tried 2 times. no one event read any quries.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 2.51.35 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 2.51.35 AM.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 7

Did you follow up with the process as shown in this video?

yes tried still same. that pin on setting up new one again said incorrect pin.
Hey, what other process you can try is, ask branch to enable your TPT transactions. Once that is processed you will be able to generate online.
yes TPT is not enabled as it ask for ATM to enable it. Already asked bank they just say will revert but doest not. I guess have to go there again but already told them they are not of much use said will look and call me back when its fixed then they go missing for days

yes tried still same. that pin on setting up new one again said incorrect pin.

yes TPT is not enabled as it ask for ATM to enable it. Already asked bank they just say will revert but doest not. I guess have to go there again but already told them they are not of much use said will look and call me back when its fixed then they go missing for days
Download this form submit it to branch. If they do not help try any other branch. Non-home branch most probably will accept it

Attachments

Back