• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC Bank all credit card devaluation effective from 1st Sept, 2024.

Effective from 1st Sept, 2024:
1. Maximum 2000 reward points per month on Utility spends. Telecom & cable transactions will have a separate limit of 2000 reward points per month.
2. No reward points on education fees payment via online portals like cred, cheq, etc.

Effective from 1st Oct, 2024:
3. One apple product redemption per quarter.
4. Maximum 50,000 reward points can be redeemed against Tanishq GV per quarter.

GTp5miybAAAEGd5.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Another duplicate thread..
@BVC , @vaibhav111 , @Pavan

• Hehe
Reactions: BVC

i too received an email confirming the same

Ohh, i didn't knew it was already existing.

Can anyone help me with how to delete this thread as people don't get confused.
@SSV @Wealth is my birth right! @vaibhav111

Ohh, i didn't knew it was already existing.

Can anyone help me with how to delete this thread as people don't get confused.
@SSV @Wealth is my birth right! @vaibhav111
I already tagged moderators, once they come online they will merge with the first posted thread..
there were about 3 or 4 threads that were duplicates.. I tagged all of them.. not sure how many more will be created.

Received this email now. It seems like I cannot hold any card for every 1 calendar year as a primary :ROFLMAO:

I am thinking about a new primary card to move on from Infinia. Do not want to jump through the hoops and loops of Axis Bank to try for Magnus Burgundy. Any other suggestions?

Everyone are very excited about the news 😋. Total 3 threads have been created. All are merged now.

I’m unaffected by this particular change, the Gyftr voucher limit was a bigger issue for me. Also boosts some confidence that Infinia’s core value proposition isn’t impacted and it will survive another winter of devaluations hopefully.

I also got a surprise auto-generated limit enhancement last week, so not everything is wrong with HDFC.

I dont understand what's the devaluation here? They have just capped and limits are reasonable.
For example 60k per month limit for telecom bills and utilities is fine.
And other limits for tanisk and apple anyways don't matter for Infinia as major value is in mile transfer and direct hotel booking via points.

📢 Attention HDFC Credit Card Holders! 📢

Starting 1st September 2024, new reward point caps and exclusions will apply:

🔹 Utility Payments: 2,000 Reward Points
📊 MCC: 4900

🔹 Telecom & Cable Transactions: 2,000 Reward Points
📊 MCC: 4812, 4814, 4899

❌ No Reward Points for Education Payments through 3rd party apps like CRED
📊 MCC: 8211, 8220, 8241, 8244, 8249, 8299

Starting October 1, 2024, new reward point redemption caps will be in effect every calendar quarter:

🔹 Apple Products: Limited to 1 redemption
🔹 Tanishq Vouchers: Up to 50,000 Reward Points

Make sure to review your transactions and plan accordingly to maximize your rewards! 💳✨
Upar ka jo 1st half hai, vo hdfc tata infinity ke liye hai, i received first 3 points describing my infinity card. Now upto Rs 40,000 bills we can pay per month to get 2000 cashback.
Same goes for 2nd point. I have not received 2nd half starting October 1, 2024, as i don't have this card.

In my view, it’s not a major issue. Mostly, people don’t redeem points on expensive, overpriced Apple products every month. 4 times in a year is more than enough.

As Infinia users can use maximum 70% points to get Tanishq vouchers, they will be able to get Tanishq vouchers of Rs.70,428 in a calendar quarter.

The above are definitely a devaluation, but not a major devaluation. Also, majority of Infinia users redeem the points on flights and hotels. Those users will not be affected at all.

But zero points on education MCC codes and max. 2000 points (on 60000 spends) on utilitiy MCC codes is to prevent misuse

Last edited:
Waiting to apply for this
0*1UBocl_QldtmQcHE.gif

Important: Revisions to Your HDFC Bank Credit Card Loyalty Program Effective September 1st, 2024​

I received this email just now for my Infinia card.. Not sure if it is applicable to other HDFC cards as well..
Lets see what others got.. accordingly I will change the title of the thread

View attachment 63076

I just got similar email for Tata Neu Infinity.
Points 4 and 5 are not applicable for neu infintiy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-29-20-10-09-686_com.google.android.gm.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-29-20-10-09-686_com.google.android.gm.webp
    182.6 KB · Views: 14
Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back