• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC Bank all credit card devaluation effective from 1st Sept, 2024.

Effective from 1st Sept, 2024:
1. Maximum 2000 reward points per month on Utility spends. Telecom & cable transactions will have a separate limit of 2000 reward points per month.
2. No reward points on education fees payment via online portals like cred, cheq, etc.

Effective from 1st Oct, 2024:
3. One apple product redemption per quarter.
4. Maximum 50,000 reward points can be redeemed against Tanishq GV per quarter.

GTp5miybAAAEGd5.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the parent thread not one but four times to identify what exactly is devalued here and I still can't figure it out.
still in questions?
I think we need a before/after comparison thread for a clear picture.

Btw, for me, the impactful devaluation is capping on utility bill payments for Tata Neu Infinity (earlier 2.5K (5% of 50K) now 2K)
Shooting No Filter GIF by Jackson

HDFC Bank all credit card devaluation effective from 1st Sept, 2024.

Effective from 1st Sept, 2024:
1. Maximum 2000 reward points per month on Utility spends. Telecom & cable transactions will have a separate limit of 2000 reward points per month.
2. No reward points on education fees payment via online portals like cred, cheq, etc.

Effective from 1st Oct, 2024:
3. One apple product redemption per quarter.
4. Maximum 50,000 reward points can be redeemed against Tanishq GV per quarter.

View attachment 63105
Does this apply to the HDFC Biz Black and similar business cards group too? I recently got the Biz Black card. No mails yet.

I have received a new mail from HDFC which states that utility points will be capped at 2000 per month. Also, Only 1 Apple product can be redeemed every quarter and only 50000 worth of RP can be redeemed for Tanishq vouchers every quarter for my Infinia Card from 1st September.

Is this for all HDFC credit Cards?
Of course to all hdfc card. Even I received for diners black metal card

I received an email for HDFC Millennia CC that the reward point capping has been revised to 2000 points. Wallet loading and Easy EMI transactions will NOT earn Reward Points.

Attachments

• IMG_20240731_010845.webp
    IMG_20240731_010845.webp
    484.1 KB · Views: 6
No it is for all. I hold diners black card metal and I too received the email.
Of course it’s for all cards. What I meant is except for the Apple and Tanishq voucher capping rest all are not devaluation for a genuine spender. You need to spend 75K on electricity to reach 2K points!
That’s why I said the devaluation is only for Infinia. Rest all capping are to curb the misuse by some folks and good for genuine spenders.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back