• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
Still he is not understanding at all 🤦🤦

Mere bhai @Abhishek012 , Bank, NBFC launches credit card to lucrate customers ( Some customers NOT everyone like aringham who misuse it)

You are literally Doing Campaigns for cashback like Modi ji and tagging bank too 🤦🤦..

You also dont have bluetick...

This thing is not beneficiary to u that u can get some money from X...its only and only harming other people who use cards genuinely....

Dont tag banks if u can thats it 🙏

HDFC has added the following comment on Platinum DC Page:

View attachment 64453

"Credit Card BillPay transactions made through Debit Card will NOT earn any CashBack points with immediate effect as this is not an eligible category for the same."
1% cashback was there for utility bill payments from beginning. It was not for Credit card bill payment.
The screenshot you shared is available on HDFC website since last 8 months ( I read that lines 8 months ago)
so don't panic and don't create panic.

It's only a matter of time until they too change their MCC codes, thanks to the likes of you + arindom

And precisely due to this, I'm not revealing the name of 1 other bill payment website that's giving upto 2% off (1% unlimited website discount + 1% ≤ ₹750 HDFC Plat DC CB)
Please DM to me

Close Saving Max account of HDFC and Open Axis Liberty saving account. 60K/ querter to get Rs. 750 voucher.

I think credit card payment is considered as merchant payment?

1% cashback was there for utility bill payments from beginning. It was not for Credit card bill payment.
The screenshot you shared is available on HDFC website since last 8 months ( I read that lines 8 months ago)
so don't panic and don't create panic.
He meant the last highlighted line, not the first one. Last bullet point was added on Friday, two days ago.

From when ? I received my last CB on hdfcbill pay on 9 Aug
That's the reason this thread was created in the first place.

If you try any credit card bill payments though HDFC billpay, the merchant in your transactions will appear as 'CCBBPSNO' which is not a utility MCC. Previously, we were seeing 'BBPSBILLPAY' and 'HDFCBILLPAY,' which were considered utility MCCs (4900) and therefore, we were earning points.

HDFC has finally fixed this loophole after years. Now, only option is SBI Unipay, JioFinance, etc.

Note: I cannot confirm those websites yet as weekend doesn't get counted in working days.

Example scenario: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/what-is-the-mcc-for-merchant-sbccreditcardo.9400/

More info: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/merchant-category-codes-mcc.asp

Back