• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank charged me 1% extra for education payment in an HDFC Bank Gateway for a payment made using Tata Neu credit card

CosmicCat

TF Ace
I made a payment of ₹1,420 on NIOS (an education board like CBSE) 2 days ago using my Tata Neu Infinity CC on an HDFC Bank payment gateway operated by PayU.

Today, I noticed in my current statement that the amount HDFC added was ₹1,434.20 instead of ₹1,420, which is exactly 1% extra.

However, in the Payment Gateway, while I was making the payment, the amount being shown to me was ₹1,420 and nothing was mentioned about extra charges or anything like that. I even have a screenshot of the payment page.

Can anybody tell why I was charged extra? And is it worth it to take up a fight with HDFC Bank?

I made a payment of ₹1,420 on NIOS (an education board like CBSE) 2 days ago using my Tata Neu Infinity CC on an HDFC Bank payment gateway operated by PayU.

Today, I noticed in my current statement that the amount HDFC added was ₹1,434.20 instead of ₹1,420, which is exactly 1% extra.

However, in the Payment Gateway, while I was making the payment, the amount being shown to me was ₹1,420 and nothing was mentioned about extra charges or anything like that. I even have a screenshot of the payment page.

Can anybody tell why I was charged extra? And is it worth it to take up a fight with HDFC Bank?
Charges has been levied on my DCB credit Card aswell, however I have received the reward points for it which I can use them at the time of hotel/flight booking

Back