• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Customer ID Issue

Grogu

TF Premier
Hi, this is regarding HDFC Bank Customer ID linked to savings account.

In 2020 I opened an HDFC min KYC online account (at that time no VKYC), after 12 months they closed the account automatically. Customer ID 1 generated here.

In 2023 I tried to open online account again with VKYC, account was generated but full KYC benefits were not provided. Customer ID 2 generated here.
I visited branch, they said KYC rejected at back end & even we can't process. Generally it is available but option is locked for this account. So, they provided DD and closed account.

I asked the branch manager whether it is possible to create a new Customer ID with max account. He asked me to get a new mobile number without any previous relationship with HDFC bank.

So, my question whether multiple Customer ID can be generated by the bank against same PAN? Due to OCD I'm not interested in account with previous Cust ID.

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
Ok, are you sure because the branch people are newbies. Do I have to proceed with offline biometric or physical form?
If you have doubt on that branch then go through a old branch or branch having experience employee in city area, open your account, after that transfer your account to nearby branch.

You can open a account anytime, even your account get dormant then also you have to do kyc again and a new account number given.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi, this is regarding HDFC Bank Customer ID linked to savings account.

In 2020 I opened an HDFC min KYC online account (at that time no VKYC), after 12 months they closed the account automatically. Customer ID 1 generated here.

In 2023 I tried to open online account again with VKYC, account was generated but full KYC benefits were not provided. Customer ID 2 generated here.
I visited branch, they said KYC rejected at back end & even we can't process. Generally it is available but option is locked for this account. So, they provided DD and closed account.

I asked the branch manager whether it is possible to create a new Customer ID with max account. He asked me to get a new mobile number without any previous relationship with HDFC bank.

So, my question whether multiple Customer ID can be generated by the bank against same PAN? Due to OCD I'm not interested in account with previous Cust ID.
Once u open account under any number

In 3-6 month ( whenever system detects )
It will club everything under 1 customer ID )

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I asked them to deactivate Customer ID 1 & 2, there's no active product like account / card. So, I don't think it will merge then?
Bhai as i said
It will happen automatically by system
Hdfc employee are not that educated ..
Don't expect anything from them

Open offline after few month everything will get sync

it can also happen that your 1st customer id will be your permanent & 2nd & new 3rd will be deleted .

i had 2 account in hdfc with different number but after few months they got clubbed into one
& I was able to see both accounts under my 1st customer id
Netbanking

enbee

TF Buzz
I asked them to deactivate Customer ID 1 & 2, there's no active product like account / card. So, I don't think it will merge then?
Bhai as i said
It will happen automatically by system
Hdfc employee are not that educated ..
Don't expect anything from them

Open offline after few month everything will get sync

it can also happen that your 1st customer id will be your permanent & 2nd & new 3rd will be deleted .

i had 2 account in hdfc with different number but after few months they got clubbed into one
& I was able to see both accounts under my 1st customer id
Netbanking
Hey I'm facing an issue. See I opened a digital savings account 3 months ago and then some how video kyc got failed due to kyc issues my account went to debit blocked status. Back then I received a account number and customer ID, after I left the account as it is and went to different branch and opened an another account through offline mode received account number with different customer ID but Suddenly my new account got merged with my old customer ID and my old accounts kyc also got updated. Since then jm unable to use Whatsapp banking and SMS banking.
So cab you confirm me that you are able to register on HDFC whatsapp banking?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hey I'm facing an issue. See I opened a digital savings account 3 months ago and then some how video kyc got failed due to kyc issues my account went to debit blocked status. Back then I received a account number and customer ID, after I left the account as it is and went to different branch and opened an another account through offline mode received account number with different customer ID but Suddenly my new account got merged with my old customer ID and my old accounts kyc also got updated. Since then jm unable to use Whatsapp banking and SMS banking.
The customer I'd associated with primary account will be used .

One with new account won't be ..
Better get number updated via atm .or via branch

Grogu

TF Premier
So new account along with old account is merged with old Customer ID, What happened to new Customer ID?

You can register again for whatsapp banking here

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Why you opened another account?
You should have just asked branch to perform kyc in CID

enbee

TF Buzz
So new account along with old account is merged with old Customer ID, What happened to new Customer ID?

You can register again for whatsapp banking hei
I can still able to netbanking with the new Customer id but no account details showing there except the debit cards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426_223539_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_223539_Chrome.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240426_223449_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_223449_Chrome.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 8

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I can still able to netbanking with the new Customer id but no account details showing there except the debit cards.
New customer ID is longer valid

Only 1 customer ID can be alloted to customer as per RBI guidelines.

For whatsapp first try to deregister the current CID and then again register with the new one

Just type deregister in hdfc whatsapp chat

Last edited: