• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Customer ID Issue

Grogu

TF Premier
Hi, this is regarding HDFC Bank Customer ID linked to savings account.

In 2020 I opened an HDFC min KYC online account (at that time no VKYC), after 12 months they closed the account automatically. Customer ID 1 generated here.

In 2023 I tried to open online account again with VKYC, account was generated but full KYC benefits were not provided. Customer ID 2 generated here.
I visited branch, they said KYC rejected at back end & even we can't process. Generally it is available but option is locked for this account. So, they provided DD and closed account.

I asked the branch manager whether it is possible to create a new Customer ID with max account. He asked me to get a new mobile number without any previous relationship with HDFC bank.

So, my question whether multiple Customer ID can be generated by the bank against same PAN? Due to OCD I'm not interested in account with previous Cust ID.

enbee

TF Buzz
New customer ID is longer valid

Only 1 customer ID can be alloted to customer as per RBI guidelines.

For whatsapp first try to deregister the current CID and then again register with the new one

Just type deregister in hdfc number
yes I tried to deregister but still it's not working I even closed the new account last week. Emailed them several times but they seems they also don't have any idea. HDFC IT team sucks they need to hire some new developers, no banks allows customer to open account with different customer ID in first place. Also their payzapp app sucks.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
yes I tried to deregister but still it's not working I even closed the new account last week. Emailed them several times but they seems they also don't have any idea. HDFC IT team sucks they need to hire some new developers, no banks allows customer to open account with different customer ID in first place. Also their payzapp app sucks.
You disclosed to the branch that you had an existing account & CID?

Every bank does that and later merge both the CIDs

What's the error share SS.

enbee

TF Buzz
You disclosed to the branch that you had an existing account & CID?

Every bank does that and later merge both the CIDs

What's the error share SS.

when I'm trying to register with the my old Customer Id it's supposed show me an option to register via last four digits of Customer ID or debit card number instead it directly sending otp on my number. After entering the otp this error massage comes up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426_232716_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_232716_WhatsApp.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 9

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Finally I'm able to register on WhatsApp banking after several mails and tweets on x,
One last things I want to ask.

Are you able to register in sms banking and on cards section below your closed account linked debit cards, reissue option showing like this ?
Yes it will show

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Thank you so much for answering my all quarries even customer care team was unable to answer this questions?
Even if u close their cc .
It will show as inactive

That's
Sbi - best private sarkari bank
Hdfc - best sarkari pvt bank

Both have same migraine issue .they never forget your card like women never forget your mistake