• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank IRCTC Credit Card Launched | TechnoFino Review

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Recently, the HDFC Bank IRCTC credit card was added to the list of HDFC Bank credit cards. HDFC Bank has now officially launched the co-branded IRCTC HDFC Bank Credit Card.
Let's explore the card.

hdfc irctc technofino.jpg

Joining Fees- 500+GST
Annual Fees- 500+GST
Annual Fees Reversal Criteria- Spend Rs. 1,50,000 or more in a year

Welcome benefit- Gift Voucher worth INR 500 on card activation within 30 days of card issuance.

Main Benefits-
  • 8 complimentary access to select IRCTC Executive Lounges every year (2 per quarter).
  • 1% Transaction charges waiver on transactions done on IRCTC ticketing website and Rail Connect App.
    Maximum waiver of INR 1,000 per statement cycle.
  • 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India, on minimum transaction of INR 400 & maximum transaction of INR 5,000.
    Maximum waiver of INR 250 per statement cycle
  • The IRCTC HDFC Bank Credit Card is enabled for linking to UPI.
Reward System-
  • 5 Reward Point for every INR 100 spent on IRCTC ticketing website and Rail Connect App.
    The accrual of the 5X HDFC Bank Reward Points on partner IRCTC spends is capped maximum at 1000 Reward Points per month and 12000 Reward Points Annually.
    That means if you spend 20,000 on IRCTC, then you'll earn maximum reward points 1000 per month.

• If you book rail ticket via HDFC Bank SmartBuy, then you'll get additional 5% cashback.
  • You'll get upto 5% cashback for all transactions done on HDFC Smartbuy portal (other than rail ticket booking).
  • Smartbuy cashback maximum capping - Rs. 1000 per month.

• 1 Reward Point for every INR 100 spent on all other spends .
    The accrual of the HDFC Bank Reward Points on all other spends is capped maximum at 1000 Reward Points per month and 12000 Reward Points Annually.
    That means if you spend 1L on other categories, then you'll earn maximum reward points 1000 per month.

• Reward Points will not be accrued for the following spend on the card- Fuel Spends, Wallet loads / Gift or Prepaid Card load/ Voucher purchase, Government related transactions, Education, EMI, Rent
Quarterly Milestone Benefit- Get gift voucher worth INR 500 on quarterly spends of INR 30,000

Eligibility Criteria-
Indian Resident
Age - Min 21 & Max 60 (Salaried), 65 (Self Employed)
Income- 25,000/month (Salaried); 6L ITR (Self employed)

My Opinion:-
Undoubtedly, the HDFC Bank IRCTC Credit Card is one of the top IRCTC co-branded credit cards in the market. Unlike other IRCTC credit cards, such as the SBI IRCTC credit card, this card does not have a ticket class capping. The capping on the maximum reward points accrual is reasonable. Therefore, I believe that this is the ideal IRCTC credit card for frequent or moderate railway travelers.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Another issue while redeeming points if transcation fails due to gateway error no body knows ho get the used points

HDFC SmartBUy is at next level they told me HDFC doesn't issues any irctct card.

Currently best method is ASV via cashback card on magicpin. Then buy MMT voucher from Amazon using ASV. Total gain 5+3+5=13%
Can we purchase mmt voucher using ASV or are you talking about Amazon Pay Gift card instead of ASV? Are there any extra convenience fee when booking rail tickets via MMT? Can you guide me through the process?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys is minimum traction criteria applies to all the card in HDFC (Exclude tata neu)
Like for DCB or inifinia it's 150 and for melinia is 100 :( and we won't get cashback for transcation less than 100 ?

@S S V @Wealth is my birth right! @VISHESH_BANSAL @Walter White
Put it the other way, what are the cards which don't require minimum spend for getting rewards??
Answer: Very very few and I dont have any such cards which does this.. so no comments from myside..

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Put it the other way, what are the cards which don't require minimum spend for getting rewards??
Answer: Very very few and I dont have any such cards which does this.. so no comments from myside..
Only StanC cards give rewards for even 30/- spends
Guys is minimum traction criteria applies to all the card in HDFC (Exclude tata neu)
Like for DCB or inifinia it's 150 and for melinia is 100 :( and we won't get cashback for transcation less than 100 ?

@S S V @Wealth is my birth right! @VISHESH_BANSAL @Walter White
Yes just keep as 150 random almost major all banks set like that

So i did a transaction of ₹1884.05 on 6th sep on smartbuy portal for which 94 cashback was credited to my credit card statement(generation date 20sep, 1st statement). And i did a transaction of ₹1860.80 on 7th sep on irctc website (merchant shows as paytm new delhi in statement as i used paytm gateway). So for these two transactions i received 18+ 18 reward points which amounts to 1%. When i called customer care he said the rest 4% rps will be credited in the next statement. Was he right or just bluffing. Should i file a complaint on their portal?

Can someone help me figure this out? Does anyone has any information on this? Any help would be appreciated.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
So i did a transaction of ₹1884.05 on 6th sep on smartbuy portal for which 94 cashback was credited to my credit card statement(generation date 20sep, 1st statement). And i did a transaction of ₹1860.80 on 7th sep on irctc website (merchant shows as paytm new delhi in statement as i used paytm gateway). So for these two transactions i received 18+ 18 reward points which amounts to 1%. When i called customer care he said the rest 4% rps will be credited in the next statement. Was he right or just bluffing. Should i file a complaint on their portal?

Can someone help me figure this out? Does anyone has any information on this? Any help would be appreciated.
rest 4% will be credited on 2nd of next month

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
Yes now am able to redeem rewards ..But there are many issues :) it can say card now 60% ok
There is a fee of 99 INR which is pain
Hi Pavan, Thanks for putting all this information here.
Request you to please once again clarify whether we are required to add the loyalty account on the IRCTC portal or not. To me too, it is showing on the IRCTC app that the registration fees are not paid.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Hi Pavan, Thanks for putting all this information here.
Request you to please once again clarify whether we are required to add the loyalty account on the IRCTC portal or not. To me too, it is showing on the IRCTC app that the registration fees are not paid.
Sorry for being late

For loyalty account you need send email to grievance team
This loyalty program is bit diffrent so HDFC need send details to irctc

It will take 4 working days for resolutions

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
So I was going through the TnC doc of this card and realized that we don't really save 10% when we use SmartBuy. The 1% transaction charge is refunded only if we book a ticket on IRCTC/RailConnect. Also, to redeem the points (that too 70% of the ticket price), we have to book train tickets through SmartBuy, which again ensures that we end up loosing 1% transaction charge.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
So I was going through the TnC doc of this card and realized that we don't really save 10% when we use SmartBuy. The 1% transaction charge is refunded only if we book a ticket on IRCTC/RailConnect. Also, to redeem the points (that too 70% of the ticket price), we have to book train tickets through SmartBuy, which again ensures that we end up loosing 1% transaction charge.
++ there is 99 INR redemption fee
Payment failure is pretty high these days

For me value of one point is 50 to 60 paise not more than that