• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card Launched

I have HDFC Marriot Bonvoy Card & a DCB LTF. My DCB LTF will be upgraded to Infinia Metal FYF Now by RM. So with Infinia, will they give me a separate MB ID or will just add discount features to my MB silver Status ?
What you get with Infinia is Club Marriott membership... It is not much of use. There are few discount codes with it, thats it. It has no connection with MB silver membership you have with HDFC marriott card. Both apps are also different

Marriott bonvoy and it’s points for booking. Nights status etc is different. Club Marriott app u can download separate and see it has mainly coupons. This comes free with infinia without nights. U can buy also club Marriott with nights included

i am thinking of converting my LTF marriot card to paid to get 15,000 points as i want to club my points with points transferred from amex platinum travel.
Q1. what is the time period in which we get welcome/annual benifits of 15k points? (its sys 90 days after paying fee but what is the general time)
Q2. can we club these points into general marriot points (which we get from amex points transfer) and do the booking or is there any limitations and these points are considered seperate?

i am thinking of converting my LTF marriot card to paid to get 15,000 points as i want to club my points with points transferred from amex platinum travel.
Q1. what is the time period in which we get welcome/annual benifits of 15k points? (its sys 90 days after paying fee but what is the general time)
Q2. can we club these points into general marriot points (which we get from amex points transfer) and do the booking or is there any limitations and these points are considered seperate?
You don't get 15K points. Instead you get a award night worth of 15K.
You can't combine these points with general points. With general points you can have gifted reservation. Whereas the award night is to be used for self.
While booking any property using points you can utilise the free award night.

You don't get 15K points. Instead you get a award night worth of 15K.
You can't combine these points with general points. With general points you can have gifted reservation. Whereas the award night is to be used for self.
While booking any property using points you can utilise the free award night.
yeah actually i dont want to transfer , i wanted to book 3 nights for 75 points (23k,25k,27k required for nights ) and ill have approx 60 points from amex. So can i use these points in my case?

okay, ill convert it to paid then.
what is the time period in which we get welcome/annual benifits of 15k points? (its sys 90 days after paying fee but what is the general time)
I got it within a week of first transaction. Authorizing the card for lounges in the Diners app, 2 rupees, works.

U get award certificate worth 15 k. U can book anything upto 15k rest goes lapse and also add another 15000 points. So properties max at 30000. I booked itc grand chola in july 22000 points so its certificate plus 7000 deducted

yeah actually i dont want to transfer , i wanted to book 3 nights for 75 points (23k,25k,27k required for nights ) and ill have approx 60 points from amex. So can i use these points in my case?
Yes 15 plus 8000 seperate booking. Rest u can do together second and third day

Thank everyone. So have to make 2 seperate bookings it sems
Best is 3 seperate bookings which i usually do. Bcos price is dynamic and u can rebook at lower price for that night if it drops for a particular night. Instead of altering other nights. Only if u booking 5 nights in a row book together

Best is 3 seperate bookings which i usually do. Bcos price is dynamic and u can rebook at lower price for that night if it drops for a particular night. Instead of altering other nights. Only if u booking 5 nights in a row book together
Interesting approach. I've only booked once for one night stay. Will surely keep in mind for any future bookings.

3 nights only . if we make seperate booking at same hotel, do we have to do anything daily to checkin, or it works same as combined booking once you reached hotel?

If you book 5 days in a row then you have the cheapest night free right? You loose that if you split the booking..

3 nights only . if we make seperate booking at same hotel, do we have to do anything daily to checkin, or it works same as combined booking once you reached hotel?
Same like combined just tell them u had doubt regarding ur travel dates and finalised for 3 nights just last minute. So please combine for same room. No issues so far

If you book 5 days in a row then you have the cheapest night free right? You loose that if you split the booking..
Correct as I said advantage is only when booking 5 nights else dynamic pricing means u will get some points saved . Sometimes as it nears the last week meaning say this weekend Saturday booking. If hotel is empty points will lower. I have almost always now on every trip saved few thousand points

Just sharing info with avid readers and participants.
On card renewal, MB posts 1 free night award to account within 7 days of paying renewal fee, i.e. INR 3,540. Also credits 10 Nights to your Bonvoy account. Pretty nifty.

Attachments

• IMG_4196.webp
    IMG_4196.webp
    80.3 KB · Views: 18
Back