• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc Bank Premier Banking Program TRV Criterias

talkwithfino

TF Premier
The Criteria's for Classic, Preferred and Imperia (Savings 1L, 2L, 10L respectively; and a few months ago they also added salary criteria for Imperia)

One thing which we a lot of people knew, is that, Hdfc never considered TRV of a customer (that is Investments through Hdfc and loans linked to Customer ID) [ at least not officially since they never mentioned it in the Eligibility criteria of these Programs ]

Guess whatt Hdfc has silently updated its T&C for the TRV requirements to these Programs ( I could not find any threads posted so I made this. Mods may merge old threads which state Hdfc does not include NRV/ TRV into this updated one)

The updated criteria is/are follows:-
AMB(in Savings) | AQB (Current) | AMB ( Savings & FD's combined) | AMB ( Savings, Current, FD's combined) | Salary Credit | TRV

For
classic-logo.png
1L Savings / 2L Current/ 5L combination of Savings +Fd's / Salary Credit > 1L OR TRV > 10L

For
preferred-logo.png
2L Savings / 5L Current / 15L Savings, Current, Fd's combined / Salary Credit > 1.5L OR TRV > 25 L

For
masthead.jpg
10L Savings/ 15L Current / 30L Savings + Fd's / Salary Credit > 3L OR TRV >75L

Since this does not change the pathetic lvl of services you get at the Branch and the RM's at Branch :) ; who most probably won't tell you about the TRV requirements; I am attaching here a pdf from Hdfc Bank website. You can take a Print, fill it out and submit it to Branch for upgradation.

Also, here's the link from where I got the form>> https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/resources/forms-centre/forms-center-personal
cause there will be some of those sales people in Hdfc, jo bolenge- ' Sir form kaha se mila. Aisa koi form aata hi nhi hai ' :)

This is going to be helpful for those who have Loans/ MF investments through Hdfc. I personally do not know anyone who has MF investments through them; but I am pretty sure there are gonna be people having loans fitting into above criteria's .

TRV T&C :-
1.3. Maintenance of minimum Total Relationship Value (TRV) is aggregated at Customer ID or Group ID level, including: 1) Liability relationship with HDFC Bank • Average quarterly balances maintained in Current accounts • Average monthly balances maintained in Savings accounts • Average monthly balances maintained in Fixed Deposit accounts 2) Retail Loan availed through HDFC Bank • 25% of Outstanding amount on availed Home loan, Personal loan, Auto loan, Loan against property, Loan against Shares 3) Business Loan availed through HDFC Bank • 25% of Outstanding amount on availed Business loan 4) Investments done through HDFC Bank • Mutual Funds & other Structured Products - Amount invested in Private Equity Funds (Commitment amount), Discretionary Portfolio Management Service, Non-Discretionary Investment Advisory Service and Other Alternate Assets 5) Insurance Premium of all policies with HDFC Bank • Premium amount on Life Insurance, General Insurance & Health Insurance.

UPDATE - Hdfc has updated the form to sign up for the Programs and removed the TRV criteria from those. The Old form, which contained the Criteria is attached here as pdf

Attachments

Last edited:
I have a salary account. Even though I don't meet their criteria I'm offered classic upgrade from prime. Is it worth taking it. I don't see any special benefits as such.

I have a salary account. Even though I don't meet their criteria I'm offered classic upgrade from prime. Is it worth taking it. I don't see any special benefits as such.
No harm in taking an upgrade .. especially when there is an invite which includes no T&Cs...

Do you really need hdfc bank account?
Imps and debit card charges are waived off in classic.
You dont have to maintain 1L balance because they don't usually downgrade
They do downgrade. I had a MAB of 10L> and first they offered my Classic and then Preferred. I got into Classic and applied for the Classic Easyshop Platinum DC. The money in my account was for a land purchase so after the purchase the MAB got under 1L. After about 1 quarter they started mailing that they'll downgrade me if I don't maintain MAB. And they did downgrade me. I still have the DC and paying 855 in fees for it every year.

They do downgrade. I had a MAB of 10L> and first they offered my Classic and then Preferred. I got into Classic and applied for the Classic Easyshop Platinum DC. The money in my account was for a land purchase so after the purchase the MAB got under 1L. After about 1 quarter they started mailing that they'll downgrade me if I don't maintain MAB. And they did downgrade me. I still have the DC and paying 855 in fees for it every year.
Thnks for sharing the info

Hey, When did they levied the charges. Was it as soon as you were downgraded. I am in the same boat as you were. Suppose I take the Millenia Debit card now and make them reverse the charges as currently Preferred. Will they impose it back once it is downgraded or will they check 1 year from today to levy it.

Hey, When did they levied the charges. Was it as soon as you were downgraded. I am in the same boat as you were. Suppose I take the Millenia Debit card now and make them reverse the charges as currently Preferred. Will they impose it back once it is downgraded or will they check 1 year from today to levy it.
Generally, debit card charges are levied annually since the month card is issued automatically. So when it is 12 months, system checks for exemption flag and if it is not there, will debit the account.

Generally, debit card charges are levied annually since the month card is issued automatically. So when it is 12 months, system checks for exemption flag and if it is not there, will debit the account.
Is the amount also debited if the account changes from say, Imperia to Classic or Preferred to Classic?

I have a Term insurance from HDFC Life (80k per year premium for 10yrs) & salary credit more than 1.5L got invitation for imperia few days back , but service is the same. I tried to check for locker by visiting the bank directly they told since it is a new branch we have 5X locker asks than no of lockers we have so you need to do start some investments thru us and we can give you a locker. same happened with SBI. RBI seriously needs to take note of this cross selling practices across banks

They downgraded you from classic to standard not savings max? DC is free with savings max

TRV T&C :-
1.3. Maintenance of minimum Total Relationship Value (TRV) is aggregated at Customer ID or Group ID level, including: 1) Liability relationship with HDFC Bank • Average quarterly balances maintained in Current accounts • Average monthly balances maintained in Savings accounts • Average monthly balances maintained in Fixed Deposit accounts 2) Retail Loan availed through HDFC Bank • 25% of Outstanding amount on availed Home loan, Personal loan, Auto loan, Loan against property, Loan against Shares 3) Business Loan availed through HDFC Bank • 25% of Outstanding amount on availed Business loan 4) Investments done through HDFC Bank • Mutual Funds & other Structured Products - Amount invested in Private Equity Funds (Commitment amount), Discretionary Portfolio Management Service, Non-Discretionary Investment Advisory Service and Other Alternate Assets 5) Insurance Premium of all policies with HDFC Bank • Premium amount on Life Insurance, General Insurance & Health Insurance.
Can anyone explain me about the highlighted line. I have home loan of 67L, which is not yet completely disbursed. So, I am eligible for Classic upgrade as per the 25% rule, correct?

I really want to get back at HDFC after they false sold me their Standard savings account with 10K MAB condition when I was eligible for 0 MAB account while applying for loan. That Speciale Activ account which was only for Home Loan customers had few more benefits like vouchers from Swiggy/Amazon/Flipkart which obviously they refused to provide.

The problem is that the employees themselves dont know about these things.
I have been since long asking them about nps and term insurance for trv/nrv but they have no idea.

Reactions: kjs
If you are not maintaining MAB, they wont downgrade you but the debit card will be chargeable!
So the best option is to block your debit card and enjoy free service!

Back