• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc Bank Premier Banking Program TRV Criterias

talkwithfino

TF Premier
The Criteria's for Classic, Preferred and Imperia (Savings 1L, 2L, 10L respectively; and a few months ago they also added salary criteria for Imperia)

One thing which we a lot of people knew, is that, Hdfc never considered TRV of a customer (that is Investments through Hdfc and loans linked to Customer ID) [ at least not officially since they never mentioned it in the Eligibility criteria of these Programs ]

Guess whatt Hdfc has silently updated its T&C for the TRV requirements to these Programs ( I could not find any threads posted so I made this. Mods may merge old threads which state Hdfc does not include NRV/ TRV into this updated one)

The updated criteria is/are follows:-
AMB(in Savings) | AQB (Current) | AMB ( Savings & FD's combined) | AMB ( Savings, Current, FD's combined) | Salary Credit | TRV

For
classic-logo.png
1L Savings / 2L Current/ 5L combination of Savings +Fd's / Salary Credit > 1L OR TRV > 10L

For
preferred-logo.png
2L Savings / 5L Current / 15L Savings, Current, Fd's combined / Salary Credit > 1.5L OR TRV > 25 L

For
masthead.jpg
10L Savings/ 15L Current / 30L Savings + Fd's / Salary Credit > 3L OR TRV >75L

Since this does not change the pathetic lvl of services you get at the Branch and the RM's at Branch :) ; who most probably won't tell you about the TRV requirements; I am attaching here a pdf from Hdfc Bank website. You can take a Print, fill it out and submit it to Branch for upgradation.

Also, here's the link from where I got the form>> https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/resources/forms-centre/forms-center-personal
cause there will be some of those sales people in Hdfc, jo bolenge- ' Sir form kaha se mila. Aisa koi form aata hi nhi hai ' :)

This is going to be helpful for those who have Loans/ MF investments through Hdfc. I personally do not know anyone who has MF investments through them; but I am pretty sure there are gonna be people having loans fitting into above criteria's .

TRV T&C :-
1.3. Maintenance of minimum Total Relationship Value (TRV) is aggregated at Customer ID or Group ID level, including: 1) Liability relationship with HDFC Bank • Average quarterly balances maintained in Current accounts • Average monthly balances maintained in Savings accounts • Average monthly balances maintained in Fixed Deposit accounts 2) Retail Loan availed through HDFC Bank • 25% of Outstanding amount on availed Home loan, Personal loan, Auto loan, Loan against property, Loan against Shares 3) Business Loan availed through HDFC Bank • 25% of Outstanding amount on availed Business loan 4) Investments done through HDFC Bank • Mutual Funds & other Structured Products - Amount invested in Private Equity Funds (Commitment amount), Discretionary Portfolio Management Service, Non-Discretionary Investment Advisory Service and Other Alternate Assets 5) Insurance Premium of all policies with HDFC Bank • Premium amount on Life Insurance, General Insurance & Health Insurance.

UPDATE - Hdfc has updated the form to sign up for the Programs and removed the TRV criteria from those. The Old form, which contained the Criteria is attached here as pdf

Attachments

Last edited:
They do downgrade. I had a MAB of 10L> and first they offered my Classic and then Preferred. I got into Classic and applied for the Classic Easyshop Platinum DC. The money in my account was for a land purchase so after the purchase the MAB got under 1L. After about 1 quarter they started mailing that they'll downgrade me if I don't maintain MAB. And they did downgrade me. I still have the DC and paying 855 in fees for it every year.
Mine was also downgraded. When I check account details after downgrade it shows required average balance is 0. Is that true? No need to maintain any AMB after downgrade? but need to pay DC charges right?

Mine was also downgraded. When I check account details after downgrade it shows required average balance is 0. Is that true? No need to maintain any AMB after downgrade? but need to pay DC charges right?
Yup, if you had 0 balance account before upgrading then you you won't have to maintain just pay 750 +gst but if had an account which needed some balance you should confirm with bank

Yup, if you had 0 balance account before upgrading then you you won't have to maintain just pay 750 +gst but if had an account which needed some balance you should confirm with bank
Before upgrade it was 10k account. Now it showing 0 mab in the statement.

Confirm with branch or Customer care?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-08 141626.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-08 141626.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 42
Yeah!. they sent warning mail many times.

No, You have to maintain required balances before upgrade request again.

RM is waste in hdfc as per my experience.

If you have maintain required balances means you can contact your RM for upgrade. Else RM can't do anything.
For me he did
Came to my home and opened acc
After 25 days I told me to get me classic
He did 1l fd and after 4 days I got msg to get upgraded
And done

For me he did
Came to my home and opened acc
After 25 days I told me to get me classic
He did 1l fd and after 4 days I got msg to get upgraded
And done
You parked 1l in FD, that's why he made the upgraded. You can do that without RM as well.

But, Requirement for classic is 1l in savings account i think. if fd means should be more than 1L I think.

Need to verify.

But, still now, I didn't maintain 1l mab for past one year. that's why downgraded happened. In that scenario RM can't do anything. That's wat I said in previous reply.

I have a query… In TRV, is HDFC mutual funds added if not taken directly through HDFC netbanking? That is, suppose I bought HDFC Index S&P BSE Sensex Direct Plan Growth Mutual Fund on Groww - then will this be considered or not?

I am looking to get decent credit card from HDFC (Millenia, Regalia Gold, Diners Privilege). In the eligibility I always get Moneyback+, Indian Oil or Tata Neu+ which I don't want. I saw that classic banking customers get offers for premium cards so want to upgrade to Classic Banking. I have kept AQB of 1 Lakh for past 3 months (2nd Jan- 2nd April). So when will I get any communication from HDFC or option in app to upgrade to Classic Banking?

I am looking to get decent credit card from HDFC (Millenia, Regalia Gold, Diners Privilege). In the eligibility I always get Moneyback+, Indian Oil or Tata Neu+ which I don't want. I saw that classic banking customers get offers for premium cards so want to upgrade to Classic Banking. I have kept AQB of 1 Lakh for past 3 months (2nd Jan- 2nd April). So when will I get any communication from HDFC or option in app to upgrade to Classic Banking?
visit branch and ask them to classic banking upgrade. they will ask to make 1L FD and account will be upgraded in 1 week max.
1L FD with bank is a decent deal to upgrade to classic account.

mentioned in 5.point but for details ig you will have to ask Branch...

Yupp it is too laid backk They literally don't care about customers and their Net banking is Award winning

I figured if someone has Loans/ Mf investments/ insurance with them they can opt for Programs and indirectly make their AMB zero + phaltu ke charges nhi rahenge like sms, Dc annual, chequebook and all
And extend benefits to Family too! after all who doesn't like 1% CB on their DC!

After all those discussions with @Chaitanya-a and our mutual feelings for Hdfc I had to :ROFLMAO:

@talkwithfino how to extend benefits to Family ??
My personal salary account is preferred Savings.
I have Premium Current account and my Wife's salary account in HDFC. will my current account also upgraded to preferred in this case?

Can you please let me know how can I have a family or group account?

@talkwithfino how to extend benefits to Family ??
My personal salary account is preferred Savings.
I have Premium Current account and my Wife's salary account in HDFC. will my current account also upgraded to preferred in this case?

Can you please let me know how can I have a family or group account?
Suree
For Family Banking you will have to reach out to your RM and tell him to map all the accounts to family banking. ( you might have to go to Branch to fill up a form and sign; if your RM is good and willing, he will get it done over a phone call/ simple email exchange)

In case RM keeps giving you excuses, and asks you to buy MF, Insurance etc to fulfill his targets; write a strong worded email to escalation@hdfcbank.com stating that your RM is extremely incapable and is not mapping accounts to Family Banking.

(btw, I hope you know the Tariff for Preferred current account is mentioned separately on the website.... )
I think this one will apply for you >> https://www.hdfcbank.com/content/bbp/repositories/723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f/?path=/Personal/Save/High Network Banking/Premier Banking/ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW - PREFERRED/Managed_Preferred_Plus_Premium_Regular_Leaflet_29-Sep.pdf

you can also download the form I have provided, take a print, fill up and submit it to your Branch.

We all knew the Criteria's for Classic, Preferred and Imperia (Savings 1L, 2L, 10L respectively; and a few months ago they also added salary criteria for Imperia)

Another thing which we all knew, is that, Hdfc never considered TRV of a customer (that is Investments through Hdfc and loans linked to Customer ID) [ at least not officially since they never mentioned it in the Eligibility criteria of these Programs ]

Guess whatt Hdfc has silently updated its T&C for the TRV requirements to these Programs ( I could not find any threads posted so I made this. Mods may merge old threads which state Hdfc does not include NRV/ TRV into this updated one)

AMB(in Savings) | AQB (Current) | AMB ( Savings & FD's combined) | AMB ( Savings, Current, FD's combined) | Salary Credit | TRV

For
classic-logo.png
1L Savings / 2L Current/ 5L combination of Savings +Fd's / Salary Credit > 1L OR TRV > 10L

For
preferred-logo.png
2L Savings / 5L Current / 15L Savings, Current, Fd's combined / Salary Credit > 1.5L OR TRV > 25 L

For
masthead.jpg

Since this does not change the pathetic lvl of services you get at the Branch and the RM's at Branch :) ; who most probably won't tell you about the TRV requirements; I am attaching here a pdf from Hdfc Bank website. You can take a Print, fill it out and submit it to Branch for upgradation.

Also, here's the link from where I got the form>> https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/resources/forms-centre/forms-center-personal
cause there will be some of those sales people in Hdfc, jo bolenge- ' Sir form kaha se mila. Aisa koi form aata hi nhi hai ' :)

This is going to be helpful for those who have Loans/ MF investments through Hdfc. I personally do not know anyone who has MF investments through them; but I am pretty sure there are gonna be people having loans fitting into above criteria's .

1.3. Maintenance of minimum Total Relationship Value (TRV) is aggregated at Customer ID or Group ID level, including: 1) Liability relationship with HDFC Bank • Average quarterly balances maintained in Current accounts • Average monthly balances maintained in Savings accounts • Average monthly balances maintained in Fixed Deposit accounts 2) Retail Loan availed through HDFC Bank • 25% of Outstanding amount on availed Home loan, Personal loan, Auto loan, Loan against property, Loan against Shares 3) Business Loan availed through HDFC Bank • 25% of Outstanding amount on availed Business loan 4) Investments done through HDFC Bank • Mutual Funds & other Structured Products - Amount invested in Private Equity Funds (Commitment amount), Discretionary Portfolio Management Service, Non-Discretionary Investment Advisory Service and Other Alternate Assets 5) Insurance Premium of all policies with HDFC Bank • Premium amount on Life Insurance, General Insurance & Health Insurance.
Little confused want about stock and listed bonds holding in HDFC securities

If I want to add my family members to the Account, does their account need to be seperately raised to Preferred Banking and only then it can be linked to my account?
My RM told me to give a 2L cheque and after 1 month he will raise my wife's account to Preferred and only then it can be linked to family banking and added to mine... Is this true?

If I want to add my family members to the Account, does their account need to be seperately raised to Preferred Banking and only then it can be linked to my account?
My RM told me to give a 2L cheque and after 1 month he will raise my wife's account to Preferred and only then it can be linked to family banking and added to mine... Is this true?
He is lying to meet his targets of fresh acc opening

And Can I have a RM that is seperate for my account and diff for my Wife's acc after it is linked to Family Banking?
According to my knowledge if family banking then same RM

Is this still valid?
I am looking to open classic account, either by trv or salary.
I have a personal loan of 12L with hdfc and a salary credit above 1L.

Can I open 0mab Classic account without having any salary relationship with them?

We all knew the Criteria's for Classic, Preferred and Imperia (Savings 1L, 2L, 10L respectively; and a few months ago they also added salary criteria for Imperia)

Another thing which we all knew, is that, Hdfc never considered TRV of a customer (that is Investments through Hdfc and loans linked to Customer ID) [ at least not officially since they never mentioned it in the Eligibility criteria of these Programs ]

For
classic-logo.png

For
preferred-logo.png

For
masthead.jpg

UPDATE - Hdfc has updated the form to sign up for the Programs and removed the TRV criteria from those. The Old form, which contained the Criteria is attached here as pdf
Pretty sure it's already mentioned in the website.
Anyway,
How's this treated for family banking? My brother may have term insurance, my sister may have mutual funds, I may have only SB. Will these be collectively count as one TRV?

Is this still valid?
I am looking to open classic account, either by trv or salary.
I have a personal loan of 12L with hdfc and a salary credit above 1L.

Can I open 0mab Classic account without having any salary relationship with them?
They have removed the TRV from their forms; but you can try negotiating with them for considering our PL ( outstanding amount due is generally considered ) [25% acc to their old T&C ]

( you can DM me if you have any further queries )

Back