• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC billpay delay in crediting cc bill

gobsy

TF Select
Paid ICICI Amazon bill on 27th. Still not credited in card statement. Should I pay using Paytm UPI for instant reflect or will 27th be counted as date of payment for cc bill. Due date is today.

Never pay cc bills using hdfc billpay when it's closer to weekends. In my experience so far paying axis bill, it always showed the date I initiated bill payment after payment was settled. Even though it took 4 to 5 days to settle. But I am not sure if it would result it late payment.

Hope others can share their experience. Also you could pay now through UPI and ask for refund later once your previous payment is settled.

Never pay cc bills using hdfc billpay when it's closer to weekends. In my experience so far paying axis bill, it always showed the date I initiated bill payment after payment was settled. Even though it took 4 to 5 days to settle. But I am not sure if it would result it late payment.

Hope others can share their experience. Also you could pay now through UPI and ask for refund later once your previous payment is settled.
+1, whatever he said is right, even though it is reflected in the statement after 4 to days, the effective date would be date of your payment in hdfc bill pay...
Not sure about whether this will impact the late payment. My guess would be it won't. You can call Apay CC and find out

I’m in the same boat too.
But I ain’t worried much because the bill payment that appears on statement is the one on which we initiated the transaction and not the one on which it settled.

Also, there is a 3 day grace period (because of this particular issue only), in which you can anytime go and pay the due amount with methods that have instant settlement.

I’m curious as to why HDFC Bill pay takes time with Axis/ICICI/Amex/etc while for SBI/itself it is instant 🤷🏻‍♂️

Truly, some things are beyond comprehension.

I’m in the same boat too.
But I ain’t worried much because the bill payment that appears on statement is the one on which we initiated the transaction and not the one on which it settled.

Also, there is a 3 day grace period (because of this particular issue only), in which you can anytime go and pay the due amount with methods that have instant settlement.

I’m curious as to why HDFC Bill pay takes time with Axis/ICICI/Amex/etc while for SBI/itself it is instant 🤷🏻‍♂️

Truly, some things are beyond comprehension.
For me Amex was instant.. only faced issue for axis

Truly, some things are beyond cocomprehension.
I am guessing they want to discourage the usage of cc s of their direct competition, SBI being govt sector bank..
If they can do with SBI means they can do with any bank..
This is the only assumption I can make out of this pathetic situation.
If not for that 1% CB thru HDFC bill pay I wouldn't have used this facility

Instant payment happens for rbl and amex. Everything else takes 2-3 biz days excluding weekends. I once paid my axis card on last day of deadline and there was no fine or interest. The payment date was showing as payment initiation date.
Thanks for confirming 👍

I've used HDFC Billpay for amex and axis multiple times, and for amex it used to be instant, however it is for the first time i'm facing Amex has not received the payment instantly. May be i've always paid amount which is up to 50-60k and this time payment was 1 lac.

Axis on the other hand took 4 days once.

Still hoping it shows soon, not used to this with HDFC->AMEX.

I've used HDFC Billpay for amex and axis multiple times, and for amex it used to be instant, however it is for the first time i'm facing Amex has not received the payment instantly. May be i've always paid amount which is up to 50-60k and this time payment was 1 lac.

How are u able to pay more than 20k at a time ? Easy platinum card doesn't allow more than 20k for me

Update on this, got message from Amex after 24hours of using HDFC billpay. Amount was 1 lac. Previously did for amount below 60k always and used to get the amex notification instantly

Tried.. 20k is max limit
You may have higher limit due to preferred account
For me it shows, max limit 5 lac for Online and 1 lac for ATM - Total 6 lac per day. It is the same as mentioned on their website. You should call the customer care and check as 20k is too low.

I paid 10k to my icici card on 28th morning , still it's not settled. I paid as advance, my billing cycle is 2nd of every month .
You paid on a Friday, that's why may be its delayed. Ideally Monday, Tuesday would be better. For Axis, ICICI, etc. it usually takes 4 working days. Hopefully once it gets credited the date will be shown of 28th July.

Back