• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card bill payment using HDFC billpay

Trust Me

TF Ace
Why would HDFC give you 1% for moving money from one HDFC account to another? For other billers, HDFC might be charging some MDR for using the debit card that they are giving you in the form of cashback.

There is another way of looking at it:

To me it appears more beneficial to keep using other banks' credit cards unless HDFC credit cards match or beat whatever offers other banks' cards are giving + 1%. How does that help HDFC ?!

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is another way of looking at it:

To me it appears more beneficial to keep using other banks' credit cards unless HDFC credit cards match or beat whatever offers other banks' cards are giving + 1%. How does that help HDFC ?!
At a high level yes, but these could be different cost centers HDFC CC vs BillPay or HDFC DC. Allowing HDFC CC to be paid off via Billpay would be a net negative for HDFC in terms of cash flow vs. the intangible pull of getting more users to HDFC CC.

CreditFreak

TF Buzz
you can pay HDFC bank CC bill in freecharge using HDFC DC and earn 1% cb.
But limit is 1k per payment and you can pay 2 times a month. Earlier it was unlimited. Freecharge has patched this trick last week. So you can pay 2k a month using 1 Freecharge account.

Trust Me

TF Ace
At a high level yes, but these could be different cost centers HDFC CC vs BillPay or HDFC DC. Allowing HDFC CC to be paid off via Billpay would be a net negative for HDFC in terms of cash flow vs. the intangible pull of getting more users to HDFC CC.

Well, the high level view is what matters to customers, I'd think.

A case in point: in the recent festival sales I needed to purchase a Samsung phone. I had the option of using either my HDFC or my ICICI card. The latter saved me an additional Rs. 1100, thanks partly to the HDFC BillPay. So guess which one I picked!

Perhaps other banks' CC bill payment via BillPay benefits HDFC in some way (as opposed to allowing their own CC payment), although I do not see how come other banks are also not attracted to similar potential source of income. But I fail to see how it benefitted HDFC that my purchase itself was not charged to their own CC instead of to ICICI's.

Hemang

TF Premier
Yesterday i tried paying my sbi simply click card bill through hdfc bill pay but it was failing again & again. Then i tried paying my ICICI Amazon Pay credit card bill, that payment went through. I will check & update after 2 working days that cashback was given or not. Thanks for the reply Sahil.

SahilKr24

TF Select
Yesterday i tried paying my sbi simply click card bill through hdfc bill pay but it was failing again & again. Then i tried paying my ICICI Amazon Pay credit card bill, that payment went through. I will check & update after 2 working days that cashback was given or not. Thanks for the reply Sahil.
did you add the sbi card yesterday itself? SBI CC needs to be in active state rather than pending for payments to go through. Once it is active it will show your linked number, card holder name and amount due. Unlike icici where the payment is adhoc, sbi cc is settled immediately.

shenbak

TF Buzz
yes, it works for me for sbi and icici cc
I came to know about the cashback using patinum debit card from various forums. However I still have a question as to why there are no specific mention about this facility in the debit card details page of HDFC. If my understanding is right, is this cc payment classified as utility for 1% cashback?
Thanks
1698844462152.png

Hemang

TF Premier
Today I received the cashback of 170 points around, for paying my ICICI Amazon credit card bill of around 17000 rupees. 1% cashback received in 1 working day. And Yes thank you Sahil, you said correctly that my SBI card was not verified that is why payment was not getting through. Now it is showing verified, may be from next month it would go then.
Now the only question remains is how to earn cashback on hdfc credit card bill itself ?
Below is the screenshot from my query I raised to hdfcbank regarding platinum cashback itself. Clearly informed regarding the same, today also got credited with same. Enjoy everyone.
1698857331793.png

shenbak

TF Buzz
Today I received the cashback of 170 points around, for paying my ICICI Amazon credit card bill of around 17000 rupees. 1% cashback received in 1 working day. And Yes thank you Sahil, you said correctly that my SBI card was not verified that is why payment was not getting through. Now it is showing verified, may be from next month it would go then.
Now the only question remains is how to earn cashback on hdfc credit card bill itself ?
Below is the screenshot from my query I raised to hdfcbank regarding platinum cashback itself. Clearly informed regarding the same, today also got credited with same. Enjoy everyone.
1698857331793.png
Ah! This is reassuring. Thank you @Hemang. For your question on making hdfc credit card payments, I use the promo code "fullpay" from Mobikwik as it gives a cashback of 1% up to Rs.100 for all cards. Currently, I am using Millenia and I use this trick if I exhaust the Rs.400 per month limit for paying credit card bills through wallet reloads.

Hemang

TF Premier
Ah! This is reassuring. Thank you @Hemang. For your question on making hdfc credit card payments, I use the promo code "fullpay" from Mobikwik as it gives a cashback of 1% up to Rs.100 for all cards. Currently, I am using Millenia and I use this trick if I exhaust the Rs.400 per month limit for paying credit card bills through wallet reloads.
Yes I also paid, my 60048 bill of ICICI platinum card on 1st November and by 2nd November evening, 1% points were credited in platinum debit card of hdfc. This is so wrong that higher variant of hdfc debit card is not having same benefits as millenia debit card of hdfc (which is considered a bit lower).

CreditFreak

TF Buzz
Hey Guys,
When it says monthly limit of 750 points, does it means calendar month (1st to next month 1st) or date to date( eg. 15th to 15th or 20th to 20th, total 750 in 30 days period)?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
I came to know about the cashback using patinum debit card from various forums. However I still have a question as to why there are no specific mention about this facility in the debit card details page of HDFC. If my understanding is right, is this cc payment classified as utility for 1% cashback?
Thanks
1698844462152.png
cc bill payments not classified as utility payments
But hdfc bill payment portal comes under utility mcc thats why everyone getting cashback on cc payments using palatinum dc
Sab MCC code ka chakkar hai 😂