• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC credit card Limited and how to make it lifetime free

I have two HDFC credit cards. One is Paytm HDFC which I got around 16 months ago with a limit of 50k. After 2 months from I got this card I opened my salary account with HDFC Bank. 5 months ago I have got another card Tata neu Plus. As I have a primary Paytm HDFC card the Tata Card was also has the same 50k combined limit.
Now I need help with two things. 1.The Tata Card was issued free for only this year can I make it lifetime free like my Paytm HDFC card? If so how can I do that?
2. How can I increase my credit limit?
It's been 16 months I got my first credit card from HDFC bank itself and I have a salary account with the same bank still I have and got any offer for the limit enhancement and I badly need it. Any help will be appreciated. TIA.

I have two HDFC credit cards. One is Paytm HDFC which I got around 16 months ago with a limit of 50k. After 2 months from I got this card I opened my salary account with HDFC Bank. 5 months ago I have got another card Tata neu Plus. As I have a primary Paytm HDFC card the Tata Card was also has the same 50k combined limit.
Now I need help with two things. 1.The Tata Card was issued free for only this year can I make it lifetime free like my Paytm HDFC card? If so how can I do that?
It's been 16 months I got my first credit card from HDFC bank itself and I have a salary account with the same bank still I have and got any offer for the limit enhancement and I badly need it. Any help will be appreciated. TIA.
grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

E-mail your request here.

My advice is .... close the card and apply the card through RM

Well IMO for organic LE you need to spend in 30% of your total limit and Pay on time, if u use it regularly often they will definately give you LE in 6 months and if you do not intend to go this way you can ask for LE based on your ITR and payslips and for high end card u definately need a good credit limit + Good NRV with bank to get things done. if you talk about 16 months one of my family member has HDFC CC since like 3-3.5 years not swiping or using even a 1Rs then how can we expect LE or Card upgrade from Bank?

Last edited:
Well IMO for organic LE you need to spend in 30% of your total limit and Pay on time, if u use it regularly often they will definately give you LE in 6 months and if you do not intend to go this was you can ask for LE based on your ITR and payslips and for high end card u definately need a good credit limit + Good NRV with bank to get things done. if you talk about 16 months one of my family member has HDFC CC since like 3-3.5 years not swiping or using even a 1Rs then how can we expect LE or Card upgrade from Bank?
I get what you trying to say but as it's my First Card the Paytm HDFC card I used it much more for all my transactions and I always pay bills before the bill generation date not the due date till now I haven't missed or get the bill amount more than 30% of my credit limit. To be honest I used Paytm HDFC card only. In the past six months I have got another 3 cards all are below 40 k limit from other banks. My concern is even though I have used Paytm HDFC card for more than any year and I am having the since 17 months to be exact till didn't get an offer for the limit enhancement. Now I am in need of higher limit hence need to try all ways I can.

Firstly thats not Core card it is Paytm card so HDFC wont bother most in Co-branded cards i would suggest to close this cards and apply for core card like millenia (Best in Cashback) or other whichever you like and then see the LE and perks compared to Co-branded + Sharing my personal experience i have always received LE after 12-14 months sometimes just like 2-4 k and somethimes in lakhs.

Its been 3 Years I haven't received LE on my HDFC. My CL is 50,000. All the cards I hold have limit around 3,00,000+ individually. I have written mails to hdfc asking for same but got generic denial response. My Cibil is Spotless, don't know what to do.

Its been 3 Years I haven't received LE on my HDFC. My CL is 50,000. All the cards I hold have limit around 3,00,000+ individually. I have written mails to hdfc asking for same but got generic denial response. My Cibil is Spotless, don't know what to do.
Last option Try credit limit increase with ITR/Salary slip or Close this card and apply new with card to card

Firstly thats not Core card it is Paytm card so HDFC wont bother most in Co-branded cards i would suggest to close this cards and apply for core card like millenia (Best in Cashback) or other whichever you like and then see the LE and perks compared to Co-branded + Sharing my personal experience i have always received LE after 12-14 months sometimes just like 2-4 k and somethimes in lakhs.
i have Indian oil that count in Co brand too ?

Hi, the chances of limit increase is very low the best option for you will be to cancel all your HDFC Credit Cards and then after 2-3 months you can apply with the C2C of any other card you hold.

Tip : Don't use ICICI bank CC and atleast keep 80% limit of you CC in the last 3 statements before apply. It will definitely help you for a quick approval wih a good credit limit

Hi, the chances of limit increase is very low the best option for you will be to cancel all your HDFC Credit Cards and then after 2-3 months you can apply with the C2C of any other card you hold.

Tip : Don't use ICICI bank CC and atleast keep 80% limit of you CC in the last 3 statements before apply. It will definitely help you for a quick approval wih a good credit limit
what about if u hold 2 credit with same limit & use more on one card but in c2c you apply with less used card ? what would the credit limit used showed then

Never pay before the bill generation date. That may be the reason for no LE. Let the bill generate and then pay.

Co-branded cards also may not get LE as frequently as the core cards.

I have two Axis cards. Core cards. On both, I used to get LE every 3 to 4 months when I was actively using them.

Back