• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Card - Regalia LTF

nbp16

TF Buzz
I have a Regalia LTF card with 5.7 lacs limit from last 4 years and don't see any upgrade option till now. Even when i reached out to the HDFC team , my upgrade application was rejected twice. So shall i close the card and go for a new card apply whenever it will be available. Will closing and applying for new open any new card for me?

Anupama_Jha

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have a Regalia LTF card with 5.7 lacs limit from last 4 years and don't see any upgrade option till now. Even when i reached out to the HDFC team , my upgrade application was rejected twice. So shall i close the card and go for a new card apply whenever it will be available. Will closing and applying for new open any new card for me?
No chance

Which card are you looking for ?

Anupama_Jha

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
@Anupama_Jha Any card better than Regalia(post devaluation)?
Since u already have regalia with over 5L limit, spend 5-6L and mail hdfc for upgrade to DCB.

*Spend - I know it's a trash card, but remember everything comes at a cost. You can just do education payment which will cost you between 5-7k but u will get a much better card.

Upgrade will be FYF, but email them first for LTF since u already holds another LTF regalia.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can apply for a second card I think, not sure, no?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
No for closing

Spend on it bro for any kinda upgrade
.you won't upgrade just like that without spending

How's your spen on that card

aayusharyan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No for closing

Spend on it bro for any kinda upgrade
.you won't upgrade just like that without spending

How's your spen on that card
They didn't.
I moved all my spends to it, so it was like 8 lacs over the last 6 months, they declined upgrade to DCB. Asked to apply offline.

jaisinghal

TF Buzz
They didn't.
I moved all my spends to it, so it was like 8 lacs over the last 6 months, they declined upgrade to DCB. Asked to apply offline.
Keep spending and get the limit increased, after i had the limit above 8 lakhs for 2-3 years and spends of 8 lakh above in 6 months, i had to fight with grivence team to get infinia and got it.

jaisinghal

TF Buzz
They didn't.
Keep mailing them, each time give a different reason for your upgrade. Mine worked when i told them that my current card is not in accordance to my spends and limit. Infinia would suit me better, then only they aggreed to upgrade.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Keep mailing them, each time give a different reason for your upgrade. Mine worked when i told them that my current card is not in accordance to my spends and limit. Infinia would suit me better, then only they aggreed to upgrade.
Did they give Infinia as LTF?

jhanishdev

TF Buzz
Are you desperate enough to spend 6-8 lacs for a card upgrade?really!! May as well write them a cheque for that amount.

I too had a Regalia ltf. Closed one of the cards after HDFC denied upgrade. Have account with them for more than 25 years alongwith other services. Hadn't seen LE or upgrade offer in 10plus years.

As I posted in another thread. LTF Regalia customers were onboarded by HDFC during rbi ban. HDFC gave freebies to keep the 1st rank vs SBI and ICICI.

The ban is gone and so is the use for Regalia ltf users. You either cancel or pay them via spends above 12L. I have even seen Imperia clients being denied. Regalia LTF users are now plain expendables for the bank.

Even reward points are devalued and transfer partners are gone.

Have some self respect and cancel the card. There are other card companies out there which treat you better.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Are you desperate enough to spend 6-8 lacs for a card upgrade?really!! May as well write them a cheque for that amount.

I too had a Regalia ltf. Closed one of the cards after HDFC denied upgrade. Have account with them for more than 25 years alongwith other services. Hadn't seen LE or upgrade offer in 10plus years.

As I posted in another thread. LTF Regalia customers were onboarded by HDFC during rbi ban. HDFC gave freebies to keep the 1st rank vs SBI and ICICI.

The ban is gone and so is the use for Regalia ltf users. You either cancel or pay them via spends above 12L. I have even seen Imperia clients being denied. Regalia LTF users are now plain expendables for the bank.

Even reward points are devalued and transfer partners are gone.

Have some self respect and cancel the card. There are other card companies out there which treat you better.
I wouldn't say desperate desperate, I anyway am going to spend that much money, just route through the HDFC Card for the possibility of upgrade.
Me personally don't care about the rewards, I just like to collect LTF Cards.

My basic needs are met with other Cards anyway so that all works out. The only saddening part is that I missed the Alumni offer, otherwise I could've gotten DCB as well as LTF.

agrprashant

TF Select
VIP Lounge
FinTech Founder/Co-Founder
Wouldn't recommend closing it. One of the factors is credit limit. Try to increase that (by spending through) and get to Preferred or higher (by keeping money in account).
Can apply for 2nd co-branded or business card but not core cards.
I have 2 core cards (Millenia + DCB); possible with BM approval.