• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Declined Card Application due to Add On

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey TF Members,

Two days back I received a call from a HDFC RM (Not the classic banking RM) for my mom's account and she told me that the DCB add on I have received is Dormant I would need to do a txn using it and I said that I will do and after that she told me that I have a pre-approved offer for Swiggy HDFC on this account and I agreed to it and applied. After applying through the CC Agent she transferred the call to, I got the application successfully received message & application number but on scrolling the screen this message also showed up.
1729340238416.webp

I asked the Agent or the CC Team what they call it about this, and he said that it might be a glitch, and we have successfully received your application.

Today I received the email that due to their "internal policies" they would not be able to approve the application and hence they declined.

Then I called my HDFC Classic Banking RM and he connected me to the CC Team again and upon checking he said that as this is my second card it is declined, I asked him that this is my first credit card, and he said that he can see DCB on the account and I asked him that this was an add on and you are also aware that a house wife will not be eligible for DCB as primary and then he said that nothing can be done as its now rejected and you need to apply for the card after some time.
So my LTF offer is missed now.

I am going to raise it to Grievance redressal, but does anyone has any experience of getting an already rejected application to get accepted?

Back