• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC declining core CC

SpaceBar

TF Select
Today I found an interest tweet regarding core and co-branded credit cards. He said to apply the core card first otherwise once you get a co-branded card the bank will decline the core card applications. One also comments similar that his brother has a Tata Neu card but HDFC declining any new card application. I also heared several times the customer care ask first if I held and HDFC cards or not. What is your opinion in this case?

I am looking to have a core card to buy instant vouchers using credit cards. The reason is that millennia debit card doesn't give 5% cashpoints. They show 3% if I pay using any debit card.
So your cashback percentage will be 8%.... 3+5

3% cashback is PayZapp cashback, not Millennia card based cashback

And when I tried, PayZapp didn't allow me to buy voucher using credit card

I think 5% cashback for transaction using PayZapp wallet

I have Irctc card(paid) and swiggy(ltf), these cards don't work in Amazon for direct card discounts. Do I have to close both cards to get a core card or opening a savings account can help?
You can try taking tata neu plus or infinity cards . I have Business moneyback , tata neu plus and swiggy all ltf and only tata neu plus works on amazon instant discount atleast the last I checked. My business moneyback is the core card and should work on amazon for instant discounts on electronics etc but it doesnt. However it works in offline stores like Vijay Sales.

You can try taking tata neu plus or infinity cards . I have Business moneyback , tata neu plus and swiggy all ltf and only tata neu plus works on amazon instant discount atleast the last I checked. My business moneyback is the core card and should work on amazon for instant discounts on electronics etc but it doesnt. However it works in offline stores like Vijay Sales.
I think a third floater is diffcult to get approved but I will try before the Dusshera sales.

My business money back doesn't work on Amazon at all

Back