• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC denying conversion to RuPay

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 3481
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 3481

HDFC has stopped conversion of their credit cards from Visa/MasterCard to RuPay for Regalia and Regalia First credit cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my friend has HDFC Regalia credit card in Visa variant and had mailed to the customer care for converting his Visa credit card to RuPay. He got a reply from HDFC that Visa to RuPay conversion is currently not possible.
Amendment for everyone...Its not only for regallia..They have stopped for all card...No conversion from Visa/MC to rupay..but vice versa they are happily accepting.🙃

Last edited:
Amendment for everyone...Its not only for regallia..They have stopped for all card...No conversion from Visa/MC to rupay..but vice versa they are happily accepting.🙃
i hope someone finds this useful i received my regalia mc last month i contacted them first they denied it ,later called again saying my sister just converted her card last week she put me on hold then she said not possible from their side ,then same day i called again they accepted it in 30secs they just said we cant assure you but we will take request its all depends on customer executive or their knowledge call again and again someone will accept

i hope someone finds this useful i received my regalia mc last month i contacted them first they denied it ,later called again saying my sister just converted her card last week she put me on hold then she said not possible from their side ,then same day i called again they accepted it in 30secs they just said we cant assure you but we will take request its all depends on customer executive or their knowledge call again and again someone will accept
Yes, just like 1% customer care in ICICI directly take upgrade request from ApAY ICICI to Platinum Chip/MMT, rest 99% reject.

Yeah its good to see....After all efforts always give you fruitful results...

For me customer care executive told that they can still convert Moneyback to RuPay.... Only Regalia cards have been discontinued from RuPay and it is because of new Regalia Gold credit card.
This week one person successfully converted to RuPay Regalia.

Talk to any other executive.

@Rkr
@chenrichy
@Deal_Freak
@Googix
@AnonRand1 Moneyback+ RuPay conversion also possible, you just need to call and talk to different different support executives. Some HDFC bank customer support executives will accept your request without any question.

Last edited:
Have called nearly 10 times but they all have denied to convert HDFC Regalia card to RuPay. Even grievance team also denied to convert in email.
Irony is that even they have removed option to choose for tata neu plus also...Earlier we are getting option to choose rupay or visa during tata neu application.....
Now they are sending tata neu card as per their wish...and by default visa

Someone confirmed it's by default RUPAY
Just imagine...if by default they will give rupay....Then on conversion request why they are denying...Even some one in TF community post dicussed that now a days they are not giving you any option to choose Visa or rupay during application of Tata neu cards...

In my thought ,these all are to simply promote their newly launched Hdfc Rupay upi digital credit card...They are alreay started sending envites to existing card customers.

Irony is that even they have removed option to choose for tata neu plus also...Earlier we are getting option to choose rupay or visa during tata neu application.....
Now they are sending tata neu card as per their wish...and by default visa
By default is Rupay. One of my colleague got as no option to chose came on tata neu app.

By default is Rupay. One of my colleague got as no option to chose came on tata neu app.
@nitinmits i think you have told in post that no option is coming during application of tata neu for selection of variant..

In my case i had choosen Rupay but received visa there after i have to reach Grievances desk to get the desired card and in the process the had taken 17 days...(Applied in March 1st week).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230421_092830_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230421_092830_Gmail.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 28
This week one person successfully converted to RuPay Regalia.

Talk to any other executive.

@Rkr
@chenrichy
@Deal_Freak
@Googix
@AnonRand1 Moneyback+ RuPay conversion also possible, you just need to call and talk to different different support executives. Some HDFC bank customer support executives will accept your request without any question.
I have moneyback+ mc variant. last week, Request of conversation to rupay was taken over call but after 2 days I got call from back-end team and they saying conversion is not possible
Update:

I tried again on Apr 19 for rupay conversion and this time the executive asked otp to enter via IVR and then taken request.

Today, I can able to see rupay card in UPI and got received call about delivery also.

My observation here is they need to get the OTP authentication from customer, earlier I didn't asked to enter OTP and my request was rejected. But second time, I have entered OTP and request was successful.

Back