• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC denying conversion to RuPay

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 3481
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 3481

HDFC has stopped conversion of their credit cards from Visa/MasterCard to RuPay for Regalia and Regalia First credit cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
By default is Rupay. One of my colleague got as no option to chose came on tata neu app.
Just imagine...if by default they will give rupay....Then on conversion request why they are denying...Even some one in TF community post dicussed that now a days they are not giving you any option to choose Visa or rupay during application of Tata neu cards...

In my thought ,these all are to simply promote their newly launched Hdfc Rupay upi digital credit card...They are alreay started sending envites to existing card customers.
Yes by default it's rupay, I received Rupay card and I didn't got any option to select rupay or visa.

Update:

I tried again on Apr 19 for rupay conversion and this time the executive asked otp to enter via IVR and then taken request.

Today, I can able to see rupay card in UPI and got received call about delivery also.

My observation here is they need to get the OTP authentication from customer, earlier I didn't asked to enter OTP and my request was rejected. But second time, I have entered OTP and request was successful.
By the way, where you entered OTP ?
Did they asked OTP over call ?

Update:

I tried again on Apr 19 for rupay conversion and this time the executive asked otp to enter via IVR and then taken request.

Today, I can able to see rupay card in UPI and got received call about delivery also.

My observation here is they need to get the OTP authentication from customer, earlier I didn't asked to enter OTP and my request was rejected. But second time, I have entered OTP and request was successful.
Good update overall...Again this will be benifial for many Tata neu Visa customers..This again motivates to keep trying to get Rupay..🤩🤩🤩

Last edited:
HDFC has stopped conversion of their credit cards from Visa/MasterCard to RuPay for Regalia and Regalia First credit cards.
Today another person successfully conversion to RuPay Regalia.

Note - some people got conversion through email and some people got conversion through call.

He shared this info on DD -

If anyone want to convert, mail them. in call, they are saying conversion is not possible

After email in 3 days card got converted. Delivery pending.

Screenshot20230421131705HDFCBank.jpg

@Googix
@chenrichy
@srichaitanya
@plastikman
@Rkr
@Deal_Freak
@humptydumpty

I also wanted to change my mother's MoneyBack+ to rupay card and already made a request for conversion they take requests on call after 3 to 4 days I again called customer care but they said the request was rejected.

Now i wanted to send a mail to hdfc where should I send this mail.

I drafted a mail from ChatGPT.

Subject: Credit Card Franchise Change Request

Dear [Credit Card Company],

I am writing to request a change in my credit card franchise. I have been a loyal customer of your company for several years, and I have always been satisfied with the services provided by your credit card.

However, due to recent changes in my financial circumstances and personal preferences, I would like to switch to a different franchise. After researching various options, I have decided that [New Credit Card Franchise] would better suit my needs and provide me with the benefits and rewards I seek.

I understand that this process may involve closing my current credit card account and opening a new one with the new franchise. I am prepared to take the necessary steps to ensure a smooth transition and minimize any potential disruptions to my credit score or financial activities.

Please let me know what steps I need to take to initiate this process and any additional information or documentation you require from me. I appreciate your attention to this matter and thank you for your assistance in this request.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]

I also wanted to change my mother's MoneyBack+ to rupay card and already made a request for conversion they take requests on call after 3 to 4 days I again called customer care but they said the request was rejected.

Now i wanted to send a mail to hdfc where should I send this mail.

I drafted a mail from ChatGPT.

Subject: Credit Card Franchise Change Request

Dear [Credit Card Company],

I am writing to request a change in my credit card franchise. I have been a loyal customer of your company for several years, and I have always been satisfied with the services provided by your credit card.

However, due to recent changes in my financial circumstances and personal preferences, I would like to switch to a different franchise. After researching various options, I have decided that [New Credit Card Franchise] would better suit my needs and provide me with the benefits and rewards I seek.

I understand that this process may involve closing my current credit card account and opening a new one with the new franchise. I am prepared to take the necessary steps to ensure a smooth transition and minimize any potential disruptions to my credit score or financial activities.

Please let me know what steps I need to take to initiate this process and any additional information or documentation you require from me. I appreciate your attention to this matter and thank you for your assistance in this request.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]
Customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com
Or
Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

Last edited:
HDFC is offering me Money Back Visa variant credit card while I want Rupay variant so that I can easily link the credit card with UPI. How can I get the Rupay variant?
I went to my branch they told me that the credit card variant offered to me cannot be changed by the branch.
Today, I called the customer care of HDFC only once, they refused to change the variant even on phone. so I want to know before applying for my credit card whether by talking to HDFC customer care or by in other way can I get RuPay variant?

Note: This credit card offer is based on my savings account transactions. I don't have any income proof or credit score history in the past this will be my first credit card

HDFC is offering me Money Back Visa variant credit card while I want Rupay variant so that I can easily link the credit card with UPI. How can I get the Rupay variant?
I went to my branch they told me that the credit card variant offered to me cannot be changed by the branch.
Today, I called the customer care of HDFC only once, they refused to change the variant even on phone. so I want to know before applying for my credit card whether by talking to HDFC customer care or by in other way can I get RuPay variant?

Note: This credit card offer is based on my savings account transactions. I don't have any income proof or credit score history in the past this will be my first credit card
Just sent the mail...Chances are there that your card franchise will be chnged from VISA to Rupay..

Customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com
Or
Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

Moneyback or Moneyback+ ?

Because Moneyback card is discontinued.

If you get business moneyback then Visa and RuPay both available.

Moneyback+ also Visa and RuPay both available.

send email to HDFC customer care and ask for conversion to RuPay.

Back