• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC doesn't let me apply for a second credit card

CosmicCat

TF Ace
I got my first-ever credit card from HDFC Bank in August 2023, which is a Tata Neu Infinity one (LTF).

Today, I was trying to apply for a new one through their website, but got the following error:
"It seems that you have recently applied for a credit card. Hence we will not be able to proceed with your current application."
1000065711.webp

I tried to check on the same portal even a few days ago, but got the same error even that day.

When I tried to track what my latest application number was on their website, surprisingly it was my Tata Neu Infinity one.

It has been over a year since I got that card, so I'm surprised why it doesn't let me apply for a second one.

Does anyone have any idea if it is an error specific to me or they don't let you apply for another card if you already have a co-branded one?

Herein you've committed the biggest mistake

Getting a cobranded card before a core card from HDFC
I wouldn't consider it a mistake though. Tata Neu Infinity is an excellent card given I use partner Tata apps regularly and even the offers are great. Since I wasn't getting a Millennia back then — the only other good card they have in their portfolio — I applied for this one, since I was already a prior Tata Neu customer.

I wouldn't consider it a mistake though. Tata Neu Infinity is an excellent card given I use partner Tata apps regularly and even the offers are great. Since I wasn't getting a Millennia back then — the only other good card they have in their portfolio, I applied for this one, since I was already a prior Tata Neu customer.
I suggest you can ask HDFC Customer care team to upgrade Tata Neu Infinity card and you would be given chance to upgrade to Millenia or Diners Privilege if you are lucky. My wife got 4 options we chose Millinea (Options got are: Indigo XL, Millinea, Diners Privilege).

I suggest you can ask HDFC Customer care team to upgrade Tata Neu Infinity card and you would be given chance to upgrade to Millenia or Diners Privilege if you are lucky. My wife got 4 options we chose Millinea (Options got are: Indigo XL, Millinea, Diners Privilege).
Interesting. Could you please tell me if it can be done online? I noticed that there is an upgrade option on their website, but when I tried to apply there, it showed me that I already have the best card available.

Also, would the upgrade be considered as a separate application? And would I still have the Infinity card or it would be closed after the upgrade?

Herein you've committed the biggest mistake

Getting a cobranded card before a core card from HDFC
I am getting the same error on website he is getting. I have Money-Back Plus LTF and I am not getting upgrade optns
I suggest you can ask HDFC Customer care team to upgrade Tata Neu Infinity card and you would be given chance to upgrade
Any suggestions for me....? like how to go about the process....
Since when do you have your Monkeyblack+ card?
11 months

Last edited:
Interesting. Could you please tell me if it can be done online? I noticed that there is an upgrade option on their website, but when I tried to apply there, it showed me that I already have the best card available.

Also, would the upgrade be considered as a separate application? And would I still have the Infinity card or it would be closed after the upgrade?
1726667363309.webp

After this conversation I have asked them to review for other card for which they have given me option of DCP which I rejected and they gave Millinea. Now we hold 2 Core cards Regalia Gold and Millinea CC.

1726667501725.webp

Write a mail to Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com asking for an upgrade, they should do the needful. But just keep in my mind that everyone might not help but no harm in trying.

Write a mail to Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com asking for an upgrade, they should do the needful. But just keep in my mind that everyone might not help but no harm in trying.
Thank you! By the way, was your Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card an LTF one? Because I noticed your card was upgraded to a paid Millennia card.

I'm actually planning to get a Swiggy card without closing my Tata Neu Infinity card, as the Swiggy card is everything that Millennia does + extra 5% on Swiggy purchases. My Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card is also useful, so I don't want to close that one. No idea if it's allowed.

Thank you! By the way, was your Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card an LTF one? Because I noticed your card was upgraded to a paid Millennia card.

I'm actually planning to get a Swiggy card without closing my Tata Neu Infinity card, as the Swiggy card is everything that Millennia does + extra 5% on Swiggy purchases. My Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card is also useful, so I don't want to close that one. No idea if it's allowed.
Do this

If it helps, mark this as solution.

Its a paid one. I am not a fan of Swiggy card as I have other cashback cards. Once you get a core card you can later apply co branded cards as floater.

Ok saying this for the Nth time
“HDFC has stopped issuing 2nd card”
“If you have an existing CoBranded or Core Card with HDFC you will not be issued a new card”

Only way now to get a 2nd card from HDFC is through Floater card.
I assume an upgrade does not count ? So if one has a core card and one co branded card and the core card is upgraded then it's possible?

Back