• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia HDFC Infinia vs Yes Marquee vs ICICI Emeralde private metal

Is smart buy the only reason everyone wants Infinia? I would rather use SBI cash back and Axis Airtel for 5%-25% cashbacks. Premium cards are for benefits other than cashbacks.
Yes smartbuy is one of the major reasons. And for many people there is feel good factor also

Having premium card is also one benefit, but you already have Marquee. In this case, premium card benefits of Infinia are not going to stack above Marquee, they are mostly same. (Well the usable ones... not talking about Infinia's ITC 2+1 etc.. which are non usable mostly)

Also when you say "rather use SBI cashback and Axis Airtel" - Yes you should have both of them irrespective of whether you have Infinia or not. Their unique benefits cannot be replaced by Infinia benefits under some conditions

I evaluated Yes Marquee vs Emeralde Private for my use case as well when I was offered Emeralde Private and folks recommended to take a look at Marquee.

Marquee is overall excellent if your primary spends are online and international transactions.

The reason I opted for Emeralde Private were:
1. 3% reward on groceries
2. 3% reward on insurance
3. 3% reward on all offline spends
4. BMS offer of 750 works for non-movies as well (very helpful for stand up comedy, theatre plays, music concerts). Have got an add-on for wife, BMS offer works on it as well - so total Rs 3000 worth of benefits per month for both movies and non-movies
5. Flexibility to get easemytrip, makemytrip vouchers to book Indigo Flexi plus tickets (not possible to do this on SmartBuy, TravelEdge and Yes Rewardz)

So for 8-10 lakh essential offline and entertainment spends, this can give 3.75% reward. Along with all the benefits of a super premium card.

Online spends are sorted with even Rs 500/1000 annual fee cards - with 5-10% cashback everywhere.

See if this perspective makes sense. Else Marquee may suit well.

I evaluated Yes Marquee vs Emeralde Private for my use case as well when I was offered Emeralde Private and folks recommended to take a look at Marquee.

Marquee is overall excellent if your primary spends are online and international transactions.

The reason I opted for Emeralde Private were:
1. 3% reward on groceries
2. 3% reward on insurance
3. 3% reward on all offline spends
4. BMS offer of 750 works for non-movies as well (very helpful for stand up comedy, theatre plays, music concerts). Have got an add-on for wife, BMS offer works on it as well - so total Rs 3000 worth of benefits per month for both movies and non-movies
5. Flexibility to get easemytrip, makemytrip vouchers to book Indigo Flexi plus tickets (not possible to do this on SmartBuy, TravelEdge and Yes Rewardz)

So for 8-10 lakh essential offline and entertainment spends, this can give 3.75% reward. Along with all the benefits of a super premium card.

Online spends are sorted with even Rs 500/1000 annual fee cards - with 5-10% cashback everywhere.

See if this perspective makes sense. Else Marquee may suit well.

I believe you can do even better than with the Emeralde card when using Infinia:

1. Groceries - Get 16.66% back with vouchers.
2. Insurance - Earn 3.33% or use Amazon gift cards.
3. Offline spending - Receive 3.33%.
4. BookMyShow - Consider the Sapphiro card, which offers up to ₹500 off on movie bookings. Plus, this ICICI card is often available as a lifetime free, pre-approved offer.
5. Regarding cancellations, while Infinia might not cover you as well, earning 16.66% in reward points for flight bookings is always a better deal.

@SSV Hi, I'm a new member here, in fact very new to this credit card enthusiast world. So I've been learning a lot about credit cards, especially from technofino since the last year. And I must say that I've learnt a lot from your posts and contribution here, since you're a very experienced member here. So pardon me for where I'm going with this.

@drsel is also another member of this forum who's contributions have been extremely helpful for newbies like me in navigating through this world. So I'm grateful to him too.

So I hope you understand where I'm coming from when I say that after going through this thread I'm very disheartened to see your tone towards @drsel in general. I wouldn't call it rude, but I wouldn't call it very respectful either. He has his preferences, which is pretty apparent, and those don't match with yours, which is very understandable but I feel like it's still very unfair to poke him with condescension the way you did multiple times throughout the thread.

I understand that this is a very common and accepted practice out there in the real world, in professional context, but it shouldn't be here in this forum where everyone is volunteering their time and knowledge for free, just like you've yourself done so much of. Pardon me, once again, for being so blunt about this but I believe I needed to point this out after being grateful to have learned so much from your posts. Thanks.

@SSV Hi, I'm a new member here, in fact very new to this credit card enthusiast world. So I've been learning a lot about credit cards, especially from technofino since the last year. And I must say that I've learnt a lot from your posts and contribution here, since you're a very experienced member here. So pardon me for where I'm going with this.

@drsel is also another member of this forum who's contributions have been extremely helpful for newbies like me in navigating through this world. So I'm grateful to him too.

So I hope you understand where I'm coming from when I say that after going through this thread I'm very disheartened to see your tone towards @drsel in general. I wouldn't call it rude, but I wouldn't call it very respectful either. He has his preferences, which is pretty apparent, and those don't match with yours, which is very understandable but I feel like it's still very unfair to poke him with condescension the way you did multiple times throughout the thread.

I understand that this is a very common and accepted practice out there in the real world, in professional context, but it shouldn't be here in this forum where everyone is volunteering their time and knowledge for free, just like you've yourself done so much of. Pardon me, once again, for being so blunt about this but I believe I needed to point this out after being grateful to have learned so much from your posts. Thanks.
Hey, thank you very much for pointing it out and expressing your opinion openly..
It was just a friendly banter .. nothing serious..
@drsel is my mate.. I am not sure if you had gone thru other posts where I praised his efforts as well…
Right now I am in Gokarna.. will post about those when I come back if you wish to…

Last edited:
Hey, thank you very for pointing it out and expressing your opinion openly..
It was just a friendly banter .. nothing serious..
@drsel is my mate.. I am not sure if you had gone thru other posts where I praised his efforts as well…
Right now I am in Gokarna.. will post about those when I come back if you wish to…
No, please, there's no need to. I believe you. Thanks for the clarification. Hope you've a great day ahead.

Back