• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia HDFC Infinia vs Yes Marquee vs ICICI Emeralde private metal

I don't know how @drsel came up with the satement of Rs6,800 loss from 2nd year onwards for Marquee...
Are his maths going worng these days?
Mate, Are you wrong or am I wrong in this case..
Look at my post regarding Marquee JF and AF Recovery matrix..
Accroding to my Calcs , the loss from 2nd year onwards varies between Rs 900 to 2,900 depending upon the choce of redemption..

and if we include the profit from the first year fee,
Marquee is 4 year free( 4YF) in the best case scenario...
Enjoy

View attachment 62264

EDIT
Thanks I didn't realise the second year fee was only 5900
I thought it was 11800 every year

Last edited:
Thanks I didn't realise the second year fee was only 5900
I thought it was 11800 every year
When you are correct any previous mistakes ,you need to keep the orginial content as it is with a strike off and place a comment saying it was edited with correct info..
.you should not overwrite it with new info.. it gives a proper understanding for the futurte readers..

1721814434042.webp

1721814535874.webp

Last edited:
It is only for those who love to play unlimited golf everyday.
Domestic and international lounge access is always available on other cards.
The 3% return + 0.75% is not attractive, and there are so many cards with much higher returns
Its truly limited considering only 1 active booking is allowed and clear 5 days notice is also required

So that so now that ICICI Emerald private metal card is ruled out, we need to compare Marquee with HDFC Infinia .

Of course we know who the winner is, but nevertheless, a good comparison would be interesting.

When you are correct any previous mistakes ,you need to keep the orginial content as it is with a strike off and place a comment saying it was edited with correct info..
.you should not overwrite it with new info.. it gives a proper understanding for the futurte readers..

View attachment 62291

View attachment 62292
Anyone applying now for the marquee card is only getting 40000 points instead of the previously 60000 points offered

Drsel's advice
1. Ideally Yes Marquee should be used only for online spends and the points earned should be redeemed for Zomato and Swiggy cash vouchers..

2. For all offline spends, if possible, ask the merchant to send a payment link by SMS, email or WhatsApp, so that you can pay online instead of offline to get the extra 2.25% return (Marquee).
I have done this at large brand retail outlets

Last edited:
What about reserve? Doesnt it offer better returns than Marquee with 3x subscription?
Even when compared to infinia, it offers 4.5% return (on paper) on offline spends right? Not sure what the actual value would be.
Also how is yes bank's flight booking portal? Are flights considerably expensive?

Last edited:
What about reserve? Doesnt it offer better returns than Marquee with 3x subscription?
Even when compared to infinia, it offers 4.5% return (on paper) on offline spends right? Not sure what the actual value would be.
Also how is yes bank's flight booking portal? Are flights considerably expensive?
There is an article comparing all three Yes cards.
Yes Bank flight booking portal is almost the same price as Google flights

Last edited:
It's huge! 33% reduction in welcome bonus or 5000 less.
This makes it a deal spoiler in my opinion
Yes bank is giving ET prime subscription instead. Also the RP as joining bonus for other major cards like Infinia or Emerald Metal also cover the Joining fees minus GST in value. Hence Yes bank has just aligned with others.

Attachments

• 1721877433529.webp
    1721877433529.webp
    22 KB · Views: 9
Yes bank is giving ET prime subscription instead. Also the RP as joining bonus for other major cards like Infinia or Emerald Metal also cover the Joining fees minus GST in value. Hence Yes bank has just aligned with others.
Infinia is worth paying 2250 because of the high returns on 5x and 10x smart buy deals. (Without paying any extra subscription fee)
No such options for Yes Bank cards

Infinia is worth paying 2250 because of the high returns on 5x and 10x smart buy deals. (Without paying any extra subscription fee)
No such options for Yes Bank cards
My intention is not to compare the features of the cards, but to say that Yes bank has aligned with the market trend. No doubt Infinia is king due to smart buy. But not everyone can get Infinia. Marquee has its own benefits which Infinia doesn’t have like better online reward rate, BMS BOGO, guest lounge access, etc. These are very simple benefits which can easily recoup the cost.

By the way, I have Marquee and want to keep for the above benefits which I am utilizing fully. Still undecided if I should go for Infinia as a paid card. I would welcome any advice.

Edit: I didn’t mention the Emerald card as I don’t see any point to do that 😁

My intention is not to compare the features of the cards, but to say that Yes bank has aligned with the market trend. No doubt Infinia is king due to smart buy. But not everyone can get Infinia. Marquee has its own benefits which Infinia doesn’t have like better online reward rate, BMS BOGO, guest lounge access, etc. These are very simple benefits which can easily recoup the cost.

By the way, I have Marquee and want to keep for the above benefits which I am utilizing fully. Still undecided if I should go for Infinia as a paid card. I would welcome any advice.

Edit: I didn’t mention the Emerald card as I don’t see any point to do that 😁
Answer is very simple.

If your spends fall in categories which can be catered via Infinia's 5x and 10x, then you should go for Infinia as paid card. Else, save money and stick to Marquee

It's huge! 33% reduction in welcome bonus or 5000 less.
This makes it a deal spoiler in my opinion
Do you evaluate Cards based on Welcome bonus??

DO you even realise the impact of usage of the word "HUGE" in this context or just using just for the sake of using?

Last edited:
Answer is very simple.

If your spends fall in categories which can be catered via Infinia's 5x and 10x, then you should go for Infinia as paid card. Else, save money and stick to Marquee
Is smart buy the only reason everyone wants Infinia? I would rather use SBI cash back and Axis Airtel for 5%-25% cashbacks. Premium cards are for benefits other than cashbacks.

Back