• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Mariott Bonvoy LTF

Hisoka

TF Ace
Hey everyone. I read a thread few weeks back in which people were not activating their Swiggy card and in turn received call from bank retention team who made it LTF. It's been more than 30 days that I've activated my Mariott card and I received a call today. Upon asking the reason for not activating the card, I told them the fees is too high.

They immediately sent an SMS and told that If I activate my card it'll be LTF. Is this message genuine? I didn't know that HDFC can convert premium cards into LTF as well.

Edit: I initially wanted to pay fees for this card but after looking at all the property offerings from Mariott, I realised 15k points isn't worth paying fees for as most of the good properties charge way higher value in points than in Rupees. So I decided not to activate this card after it was received. But if it gets converted to LTF, it can be good card for domestic and international lounge access and Lounge network of Diners cards is better than Visa, plus no pain of carrying priority pass as well.

1702446530470.png

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

Viper1057

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Hisoka can you also confirm from marriot/hdfc that if we continue to get Marriot Silver Elite status every year since it seems its not part of welcome offer(against fees) and instead as a offering to all card holders. Even the Marriot site says the same..

It will be good idea to have Marriot Elite Status by just keeping an LTF card so that you can status match on many other partners hehe :devilish:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-17-19-12-15-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-17-19-12-15-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 1702820771436.png
    1702820771436.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Viper1057

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm on the final apply page, should I try doing the same? :p
Income already verified through the new netbanking process and then it shown me this. Already have Infinia with 8L limit

1702458592280.png
I applied today and hdfc approved it by verifying my bank accounts & salary credits through bank aggregators and later authenticating using netbanking to submit the application, I got an email immediately denied due to internal policy requirements.

I believe it is because I just got Infinia upgrade too by sending form to chennai and even on the application tracker if I search using my DOB it shows my delivered status and doesn't show any status for this application(not able to find status for my just applied application but that could be because their tracker hasn't updated yet). I have to wait 6months cooldown after apply/upgrade in hdfc to apply but I forgot about that before applying today😬😂

Last edited:

Akr706

TF Select
I applied today and hdfc approved it by verifying my bank accounts & salary credits through bank aggregators and later authenticating using netbanking to submit the application, I got immediately denied due to internal policy requirements.

I believe it is because I just got Infinia upgrade too by sending form to chennai and even on the application tracker if I search using my DOB it shows my delivered status and doesn't show any status for this application(not able to find status for my just applied application but that could be because their tracker hasn't updated yet). I have to wait 6months cooldown after apply/upgrade in hdfc to apply but I forgot about that before applying today😬😂
Interesting. That authentication part is not working for me. Tried via both debit card and netbanking. After logging in via netbanking or entering debit card details, it brings back to the first page of entering phone number and dob.

runzone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I applied today and hdfc approved it by verifying my bank accounts & salary credits through bank aggregators and later authenticating using netbanking to submit the application, I got immediately denied due to internal policy requirements.

Got cibil hit in the process?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes you will always get cibil hit for applications unless it shows preapproved in your netbanking already. Even if you start an application today and leave(like I did 3 days ago) and try to continue that same application today after few days you will get another cibil hit
HDFC likes to hit your CIBIL so much, sometimes I think they get paid for every CIBIL hit they make.

rojajimmy

TF Select
So whats the update on this?
is it LTF or not?
I applied after watching this thread and my deadline for activation is approiaching on 20th January.
So far no LTF offer for me and I think HDFC will just bear the cost of issuing a card and not make it LTF. Still lets wait until the last day.

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So whats the update on this?
is it LTF or not?
I applied after watching this thread and my deadline for activation is approiaching on 20th January.
So far no LTF offer for me and I think HDFC will just bear the cost of issuing a card and not make it LTF. Still lets wait until the last day.
Bro, just a couple of comments above, you will find your answer

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
When do we get the 1 free night benefit ?

I got silver membership as soon as card was activated but FNA still does not show up. I even made my 1st txn about 3-4 days back.

1st bill also generated but it's without joining fees. Just the 1 txn I made is coming up in the bill.

rojajimmy

TF Select
When do we get the 1 free night benefit ?

I got silver membership as soon as card was activated but FNA still does not show up. I even made my 1st txn about 3-4 days back.

1st bill also generated but it's without joining fees. Just the 1 txn I made is coming up in the bill.
Things have changed since December 2023. The nights are credited immediately and fees are charged after 45 days. Official Document link states that. Check it out. SO the fees will be charged in 2nd statement most probably.