• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Mariott Bonvoy LTF

Hisoka

TF Ace
Hey everyone. I read a thread few weeks back in which people were not activating their Swiggy card and in turn received call from bank retention team who made it LTF. It's been more than 30 days that I've activated my Mariott card and I received a call today. Upon asking the reason for not activating the card, I told them the fees is too high.

They immediately sent an SMS and told that If I activate my card it'll be LTF. Is this message genuine? I didn't know that HDFC can convert premium cards into LTF as well.

Edit: I initially wanted to pay fees for this card but after looking at all the property offerings from Mariott, I realised 15k points isn't worth paying fees for as most of the good properties charge way higher value in points than in Rupees. So I decided not to activate this card after it was received. But if it gets converted to LTF, it can be good card for domestic and international lounge access and Lounge network of Diners cards is better than Visa, plus no pain of carrying priority pass as well.

1702446530470.png

Last edited:

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Congratulations this is new ! I unfortunately activated it already :)

But one thing you might want to check is the renewal benefit applicability of one free night and also silver elite and 10 elite night credits for the Ltf variant since that was the main benefit and don't think many are planning to use for anything else

Viper1057

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm on the final apply page, should I try doing the same? :p
Income already verified through the new netbanking process and then it shown me this. Already have Infinia with 8L limit

1702458592280.png

bossman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I'm on the final apply page, should I try doing the same? :p
Income already verified through the new netbanking process and then it shown me this. Already have Infinia with 8L limit

1702458592280.png
See if you'll be getting any of the welcome benefits if it's LTF or not. If not, card's only good for lounge access then (you'll anyway be doing all the spending on Infinia only)

rsp92

TF Buzz
Thanks. The link in the SMS just takes me to my cards page. I just have to activate my card and fees will not be levied right?
Might be a silly question :)
If we get a credit card issued and we do not activate it, then we will not be levied any fee, is it?
Or is it that the fee is to be paid, even if we do not get it activated but have it issued in our name?

Having it issued in our name but without activation, won't that be counted as default/late payment?

Might be a silly question :)
If we get a credit card issued and we do not activate it, then we will not be levied any fee, is it?
Or is it that the fee is to be paid, even if we do not get it activated but have it issued in our name?

Having it issued in our name but without activation, won't that be counted as default/late payment?
If not activated - no fees should be charged. No, its not counted as late payment, as its not activated yet.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hey everyone. I read a thread few weeks back in which people were not activating their Swiggy card and in turn received call from bank retention team who made it LTF. It's been more than 30 days that I've activated my Mariott card and I received a call today. Upon asking the reason for not activating the card, I told them the fees is too high.

They immediately sent an SMS and told that If I activate my card it'll be LTF. Is this message genuine? I didn't know that HDFC can convert premium cards into LTF as well.

Edit: I initially wanted to pay fees for this card but after looking at all the property offerings from Mariott, I realised 15k points isn't worth paying fees for as most of the good properties charge way higher value in points than in Rupees. So I decided not to activate this card after it was received. But if it gets converted to LTF, it can be good card for domestic and international lounge access and Lounge network of Diners cards is better than Visa, plus no pain of carrying priority pass as well.

1702446530470.png
It is.

This was the method https://www.technofino.in/community...credit-card-lifetime-free-ltf-hit-miss.20109/

@vaibhav111 @ashwink maybe this can be merged 😳

Also this: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-swiggy-credit-card-fyf-rs-500-swiggy-voucher.20564/