• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Mariott Bonvoy LTF

Hisoka

TF Ace
Hey everyone. I read a thread few weeks back in which people were not activating their Swiggy card and in turn received call from bank retention team who made it LTF. It's been more than 30 days that I've activated my Mariott card and I received a call today. Upon asking the reason for not activating the card, I told them the fees is too high.

They immediately sent an SMS and told that If I activate my card it'll be LTF. Is this message genuine? I didn't know that HDFC can convert premium cards into LTF as well.

Edit: I initially wanted to pay fees for this card but after looking at all the property offerings from Mariott, I realised 15k points isn't worth paying fees for as most of the good properties charge way higher value in points than in Rupees. So I decided not to activate this card after it was received. But if it gets converted to LTF, it can be good card for domestic and international lounge access and Lounge network of Diners cards is better than Visa, plus no pain of carrying priority pass as well.

1702446530470.png

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone. I read a thread few weeks back in which people were not activating their Swiggy card and in turn received call from bank retention team who made it LTF. It's been more than 30 days that I've activated my Mariott card and I received a call today. Upon asking the reason for not activating the card, I told them the fees is too high.

They immediately sent an SMS and told that If I activate my card it'll be LTF. Is this message genuine? I didn't know that HDFC can convert premium cards into LTF as well.

Edit: I initially wanted to pay fees for this card but after looking at all the property offerings from Mariott, I realised 15k points isn't worth paying fees for as most of the good properties charge way higher value in points than in Rupees. So I decided not to activate this card after it was received. But if it gets converted to LTF, it can be good card for domestic and international lounge access and Lounge network of Diners cards is better than Visa, plus no pain of carrying priority pass as well.

1702446530470.png
Does this work with sbi 😄.
If I don't do transaction do they call

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Inspired from this thread, I had also applied for the hdfc Marriott card, to my surprise they did physical at home kyc even after doing video kyc, received the card few days ago, now patiently waiting for ltf offer before activation, I've millennia and neu infty as LTF

As this is fy end month, I'm hopeful about getting offered LTF.

abhiver

TF Premier
Inspired from this thread, I had also applied for the hdfc Marriott card, to my surprise they did physical at home kyc even after doing video kyc, received the card few days ago, now patiently waiting for ltf offer before activation, I've millennia and neu infty as LTF

If you are new customer to them then this is normal to do a physical verification

Salvator

TF Buzz

Did you end up with a LTF offer?
I too applied for a marriot card and I am hoping they give a LTF offer if I don't activate it

rojajimmy

TF Select
I waited for 30 days and didnt get the LTF offer. The card was not activated. A few days ago I got a call from the team asking me why I didnt activate it and I was to the point because of the fees.
I have 3 HDFC CCs. DCB, tata Neu Infinity RuPay and Rupay Virtual and all of them are LTF for me so I WILL NEVER get a HDFC card which is paid. Simple

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I waited for 30 days and didnt get the LTF offer. The card was not activated. A few days ago I got a call from the team asking me why I didnt activate it and I was to the point because of the fees.
I have 3 HDFC CCs. DCB, tata Neu Infinity RuPay and Rupay Virtual and all of them are LTF for me so I WILL NEVER get a HDFC card which is paid. Simple
will u get free night every year?