• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC mobile app login SMS failure issue Since new update

Andy1

TF Premier
Since new update of HDFC mobile app, they have introduced a new level by adding sms verification but I am unable to proceed ahead as every time my SMS verification fails. I am using Samsung's handset,if anybody else also facing it kindly inform and also if you know the solution.

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This was not the issue in my case. There are also several reports in Samsung user forums of UPI SMS verification failure for all apps from Secured Folder on Samsung phones after installation of some recent update, so I'm still inclined to believe it is a Samsung issue.

I've personally verified with Jio and Airtel SIMs and BHIM and ICICI iMobile apps and verification always fails in the Secure Folder or Work Profile.

For the technically inclined, on Samsung phones, these features are implemented as different linux user IDs on the same Android phone and the recent update seems to be allowing only the default (personal profile) user to access SMS.
But I don't use Samsung Phone, so issue is not specific to Samsung. :) :)
During verification if you check SMS app, you will see sent message from HDFC but the incoming message not come instantly to complete verification process when Wifi is connected.

Andy1

TF Premier
Trick to solve this issue:

Switch off your Wifi & VoWifi (Voice over Wifi), turn off & turn on Mobile Data connection and then try sim verification.
It will work smoothly after above steps.

Manytimes SMS gets delayed with LTE/5G when connected to Wifi, may be SIM goes into stand-by kinda mode if mobile data is not in use.
Did not work bro

Same thing is happening with Jio and Iphone as well. tried rebooting, switching off wifi, only LTE, no help.
All other SMS are going fine. Only HDFC verification is failing and it seems to be the case for all of the numbers

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
By any chance you are having the SIM in Slot 2 of the mobile and not Slot 1 which need to be verified? If yes, try putting SIM to primary slot & retry.

Kartik2510

TF Neo
Since new update of HDFC mobile app, they have introduced a new level by adding sms verification but I am unable to proceed ahead as every time my SMS verification fails. I am using Samsung's handset,if anybody else also facing it kindly inform and also if you know the solution.
So after struggling for half a day this issue got resolved.
Step 1: I uninstalled the updated version of the app from my phone
Step 2: I downloaded the HDFC bank app from the app store
Step 3: Followed steps to login and chose relevant customer Id for login. Setup PIN. It also asks for password to let you in

Hope this helps. Cheers!