• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Platinum DC lounge access requires quaterly spends of 5000

Mritunjay

TF Select

Dear Customer,

Greetings from HDFC Bank!

Here is an important announcement regarding the lounge benefits associated with your HDFC Bank Debit Card.

Effective 1st January 2024, your lounge benefits will be linked to the transactions made using your Debit Card.

Here's how it works:
  1. Spend Rs. 5000 or more using your HDFC Bank Debit Card in a calendar quarter
    (Jan- Mar | Apr-Jun | Jul-Sept | Oct-Dec).
  2. Upon fulfilling the spends criteria, you can enjoy complimentary lounge access in the subsequent calendar quarter as per the Debit Card variant held by you*
  3. In case you utilize the complimentary lounge access, you can still visit the lounge by paying the lounge fee.

For further clarification, please read our FAQs or contact us for assistance.

We are always here to help and provide the best service possible.​

Warm Regards,
HDFC BANK

Actually these kind of restrictions are good as it reduces the congestion at the lounges as air travel increased lately and expected to be grown up exponentially ,there by , helping the real spenders ...
I expect this 5,000 threshold will be increased further in the future as there is only a limited space available in the airports for lounge facilities...

ATM withdrawal excluded but it is silent on hdfc bank bill pay website. Just talks about online and pos spends. Hope it is covered.
To me it looks like they will not consider billpay. It clearly said purchases made, be it online or offline whereas using billpay is like we are paying bills.

It must be covered coz it is considered as POS payment.
likh-ke-dijiye.jpg

have a classic plat dc and havent received the mail yet.
is it being sent in batches or are there exclusions

I didn't get any email :D

There is a plenty of time between now and 1/1/2024... All will be served the intimation in due course.. It seems it is across the board for all HDFC DC holders...
1693468359322.png

Last edited:
Do update as and when they reply.
They are worst 😂.

First they replied me that please send mail from registered email id. Same email id is registered with them from last one year and all interactions has happened successfully using same mail 🤓.

They have replied me now same link which was shared in this thread.

They are not ready to clarify and give it in writing it seems 😅

Actually these kind of restrictions are good as it reduces the congestion at the lounges as air travel increased lately and expected to be grown up exponentially ,there by , helping the real spenders ...
I expect this 5,000 threshold will be increased further in the future as there is only a limited space available in the airports for lounge facilities...
I completely agree...but it is ridiculous to see people fighting with lounge front office quite a few times and delaying the entire queue. Less if many go through t&c and express arrogance there which is an off setter for a genuine user

I completely agree...but it is ridiculous to see people fighting with lounge front office quite a few times and delaying the entire queue. Less if many go through t&c and express arrogance there which is an off setter for a genuine user
+1...
Absolutely sir...
WIth the kind of Indian economy size and it is growing rapidly, nothing is enough...
and also many people want to abuse the system rather than the respecting the system...These kind of restrictions will happen across the board in the next few decades... and will continue to see the problems for the genuine users in any field...
Thats life and thats the reality... we have to live with it....

Yes, I am one of them 😜.

Just collecting all banks cards LTF if they are having Lounge access 😀.

Federal bank card I just took for lounge access, else it is no use for me.

Yes, I am one of them 😜.

Just collecting all banks cards LTF if they are having Lounge access 😀.

Federal bank card I just took for lounge access, else it is no use for me.
That is absolutely OK mate. You are concious and you have taken a card for a purpose. I am talking about people who will carry 10 cards (including the ones like citibank oil and amazon pay) and give them one by one to front office to check which is eligible and then argue.

That is absolutely OK mate. You are concious and you have taken a card for a purpose. I am talking about people who will carry 10 cards (including the ones like citibank oil and amazon pay) and give them one by one to front office to check which is eligible and then argue.
True. I have maintained list which card has lounge access.

Also, Checking card tied up lounge list before traveling to avoid situation what you have described :p

Back