• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

hdfc preferred banking- family group questions

ltf4ever

TF Legend
can anyone share the process to add family members to family group under hdfc preferred banking, without visiting the branch?

my virtual RM has left the process incomplete. i escalated to preferredbanking@hdfc who asked me to submit a request form by visiting branch or to give the form to RM. the rm is neither replying to emails nor picking up/returning calls.

the people i called up at my home branch have no clue about preferred banking benefits.
i could contact the branch manager but i know he will ask me to visit the branch, which i think is not really required for something that should be done online

thanks.

I think you can mail that particular form in the mail you mentioned.
But in this case you need to give manual consent from all the family members in your group with their respective email-ids.
I still recommend you to visit branch and do that process.
And change your RM!

I did this virtually without visiting the branch. You can ask your new RM to initiate email to the registered email address of the accounts and ask for consent for family banking. Once consent is given, RM can create a group ID. You won't see this ID anywhere in Netbanking but the background screen of newly added bank account to classic, preferred or imperia if is not in any banking program earlier.

I did this virtually without visiting the branch. You can ask your new RM to initiate email to the registered email address of the accounts and ask for consent for family banking. Once consent is given, RM can create a group ID. You won't see this ID anywhere in Netbanking but the background screen of newly added bank account to classic, preferred or imperia if is not in any banking program earlier.
i was also thinking the same and add my parents' registered email ids in the cc and get their consent on email.
did you get any confirmation over email, that a family group is successfully created, as you said one cannot check it on net banking?

what my RM did was, she first upgraded my parents accounts to preferred tier even though their balance was nil. for that they provided consent online through a link.

the next step she said was to create a group, and then she is not reachable. even the preferred banking email is not suggesting this online consent solution, and asking to fill physical form.

i had in the past escalated to preferred banking email asking for a change of rm because of a similar bad experience, and what these people did was that they forwarded the request to home branch. i get a call from them saying that they can't do anything in case of virtual rm and asked me to visit the branch to meet the branch manager and get assigned a new rm on 'request'.

so let me see if i can get anothrr rm online and ask the new rm to complete the rest of the process online.

for hdfc, the solution to all problems lies in making the customer visit the branch.

I will try this.

i was also thinking the same and add my parents' registered email ids in the cc and get their consent on email.
did you get any confirmation over email, that a family group is successfully created, as you said one cannot check it on net banking?

for hdfc, the solution to all problems lies in making the customer visit the branch.
HDFC bank does not have consistent policy and procedure. So everything is a hit or miss. I many times wonder how this bank runs at the scale they are operating. My branch is useless. My wife's RM is okay and she already has HDFC relationship. So he did the things. I could see I have become preferred. He sent a snapshot of their system with group ID. It is another sad story they created my account even without classic status after getting a 10L account opening cheque for imperia.

I have a preffered account for family. Just wanted to if I can add non-family member in that group ? I am asking for my friend, as it would give her a 0 Bal savings max account.

Same thing happening with me. Virtual RM is giving excuses RBI has changed rules and it will take time n all BS. He has converted my account to preferred but father's (high balance account) did not upgrade. 2 weeks before (after 1.5 months of constant push) he upgraded mine without telling RBI guidelines, now when I am asking him to upgrade my sisters as well as my father's account he is telling will take time. And he's telling from 2 months that e-mail consent is not happening right now due to RBI guidelines. Making us fool

I too feel that this is deliberately happening where in most cases they are moving non preferred family ids to preferred but not linking it to the main account so they would eventually be charged later when they couldn't maintained high balance and will be degraded in future if they'll request any services like their high cost debit card (750 + 18%), locker, trading account etc.

Has anybody figured out a solution to this? My HDFC RM is actually retarded and has never been of any help to me.
IDK man. A virtual RM was assigned me. He was damn good.

Rule of HDFC is that both accounts should be of same tier while clubbing. Took him 2 days. First he raised request for upgrading my wife's account. No consent msg / mail came. Called next day - He said it shouldve come. I told him that nope, it hasnt. If u want, I can email you from my wife's account saying I consent for upgrade. On backend he did something and it got upgraded. Next day he put in request to link. viola! done.

Today receiving email from HDFC saying Add more family members -
1710501880082.png
Pretty sure they dont have a problem

IDK man. A virtual RM was assigned me. He was damn good.

Rule of HDFC is that both accounts should be of same tier while clubbing. Took him 2 days. First he raised request for upgrading my wife's account. No consent msg / mail came. Called next day - He said it shouldve come. I told him that nope, it hasnt. If u want, I can email you from my wife's account saying I consent for upgrade. On backend he did something and it got upgraded. Next day he put in request to link. viola! done.

Today receiving email from HDFC saying Add more family members -
View attachment 46070
Pretty sure they dont have a problem
Good for you man. I called my BM and he told me to WhatsApp him the account number I wish to link. Let's see if he does it for me. I have a good relationship with my BM so he'll probably get it done.

I called customer care and they say new account cannot be merged, how much old account they need?
Plain bullshit. Write an email to preferred/imperia banking mentioning customer ID of the family members. And do mention that even after multiple request RM hasn't done it. If you don't get a response within 2 days loop in escalation desk. I had to do this and then I received a call from RM and accounts were added the same day.
P.S.: It was a new account - hardly a week old.

Plain bullshit. Write an email to preferred/imperia banking mentioning customer ID of the family members. And do mention that even after multiple request RM hasn't done it. If you don't get a response within 2 days loop in escalation desk. I had to do this and then I received a call from RM and accounts were added the same day.
Please provide preffered email id, as I am unable to locate it on website

I called customer care and they denied for adding new account to family banking

Back