• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Preferred Banking Programme - Add Family Members.

V5689

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is it possible add my brother in law to HDFC Preferred Banking Programme ? (Assuming I hold a preferred Banking relationship with HDFC)
I see options to add my parents/wife/children/siblings/grandparents. What about In laws and so.?

Is it possible add my brother in law to HDFC Preferred Banking Programme ? (Assuming I hold a preferred Banking relationship with HDFC)
I see options to add my parents/wife/children/siblings/grandparents. What about In laws and so.?
One way is to make your wife as main account, and all her relatives will be blood relation, so it can be done

I have hdfc classic banking
I want to add my brother in family banking
My brother don't have account with hdfc
What is the procedure to add him in family banking

I opened a savings max account for my wife with 25k funding to share my preferred benefits for her. I spoke to my RM and he said that she will first need to give consent for preferred upgrade post which our accounts will be linked under family banking within 4 days. She gave the consent. Is this the correct procedure? I was under the impression that after opening the account consent is taken for family banking, and not for preferred upgrade.

I opened a savings max account for my wife with 25k funding to share my preferred benefits for her. I spoke to my RM and he said that she will first need to give consent for preferred upgrade post which our accounts will be linked under family banking within 4 days. She gave the consent. Is this the correct procedure? I was under the impression that after opening the account consent is taken for family banking, and not for preferred upgrade.
this is correct. once both accounts are preferred, only then they can be linked.

Yes RM is right.. You should have opened preferred account directly via higher amount of funding cheque cheque at the time of opening to avoid this step. But now follow what he is saying and it should happen

Yes RM is right.. You should have opened preferred account directly via higher amount of funding cheque cheque at the time of opening to avoid this step. But now follow what he is saying and it should happen
Don't have 2l to open preferred directly lol. I had spoken to my RM before opening her account who told me earlier that any account variant can be linked. Anyway wont be an issue since I spoke to my RM again some time back after she gave consent for upgrade. He said that he will do the linking once her account is changed to preferred.

rm shared me this stating inlaws not possible any clue or any one knows if any deviation can be taken or not.

Up to 8 immediate family members can be grouped together.
Immediate Family members are defined as:
- Spouse – Husband, Wife
- Linear Ascendants – Parents of the Group Id
- Linear Descendants – Children

4. Promotional Offers for New Demat & Trading A/c Opened effective 1st Aug'23

How long does it usually take for the linking to happen? As per my RM, he raised the linking request on Monday. I still have not received any confirmation.
For me it was immediate.
Though, it was not linking of accounts, the BM suggested to club mine and wifey's account together and upgrade request was sent.
I received the welcome email for Preferred immediately, however, it took few days for the same to reflect in netbanking.

For me it was immediate.
Though, it was not linking of accounts, the BM suggested to club mine and wifey's account together and upgrade request was sent.
I received the welcome email for Preferred immediately, however, it took few days for the same to reflect in netbanking.
For me its the other way around. They asked for consent to upgrade to preferred. Then the request for linking was placed after my wife was upgraded to preferred.

How long does it usually take for the linking to happen? As per my RM, he raised the linking request on Monday. I still have not received any confirmation.
If he has raised linking request you will receive a message on both yours and other person's number to provide consent for it.

Back