• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Preferred Banking Programme - Add Family Members.

V5689

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is it possible add my brother in law to HDFC Preferred Banking Programme ? (Assuming I hold a preferred Banking relationship with HDFC)
I see options to add my parents/wife/children/siblings/grandparents. What about In laws and so.?

If he has raised linking request you will receive a message on both yours and other person's number to provide consent for it.
Neither of us have received any consent message. As per RM, he placed request on Monday. How long does it take to get the consent message after request is raised?

Don't have 2l to open preferred directly lol. I had spoken to my RM before opening her account who told me earlier that any account variant can be linked. Anyway wont be an issue since I spoke to my RM again some time back after she gave consent for upgrade. He said that he will do the linking once her account is changed to preferred.
That's true, if any account variant can't be linked, then this family banking program is nothing more than a hogwash.

It's nowhere mentioned in the family banking program, t&c. Bro, maybe that scammer misled you in order to achieve his targets.

Also here https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-family-banking-related-query.15248/post-277589

Dont think there was any target. I had mab of around 5k. He upgraded me to preferred without asking for any funds and linked account.
Same in my case. Consent was taken to upgrade to preferred even though balance was nowhere close to 2l, post which consent was taken from both members to link under family banking.

@_ayush Did you get any sort of sms or email confirmation that linking is done after giving consent?
If you get the consent sms that means the RM has done his part. But generally my observation is that they will upgrade the accounts individually to the Prefered program or similar but will not create the family group easily. Probably they want more Prefered accounts instead of one account.

I opened a savings max account for my wife with 25k funding to share my preferred benefits for her. I spoke to my RM and he said that she will first need to give consent for preferred upgrade post which our accounts will be linked under family banking within 4 days. She gave the consent. Is this the correct procedure? I was under the impression that after opening the account consent is taken for family banking, and not for preferred upgrade.
I was also informed the same by the RM

Dont think there was any target. I had mab of around 5k. He upgraded me to preferred without asking for any funds and linked account.
Lol that's why I call him either a scammer or a fool. MAB of Rs. 2 Lakhs is required for Preferred banking but he upgraded you for maintaining just 5K. If you are a preferred member, the individual you wish to add to the preferred family banking program does not have to be a preferred banking customer in order to be linked, in fact, even if the person has 0 balance account, they will eventually become a preferred banking customer after the linking process is successful.

Back