• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC refusing upgrade from MoneyBack+ on Imperia+Salary account, move out or stay?

gopalkaul

TF Buzz
This is my first post, please bear with me TF folks!
I have an Imperia HDFC account(due to my dad, it's been imperia since the past 7-8 years), I was a student up until June 2023, when I started working. I got preapproved MoneyBack+ CC with conditional LTF(50k in 3 months), and I thought to take it since I had to spend 50k in that month only, and I applied for it, and took the card. Limit was 50k(no income then, only student). Got card in Feb 2023, used and made it LTF. Then, post joining job, I used the same account as my salary account.
I found out, to all new account holders, that my employer offered a Regalia Gold as LTF. I sent upgrade form via branch with salary slips, HDFC only gave LE of 1.5L and refused upgrade stating card didn't have too many spends. First of all, MoneyBack+ was such a useless card, I regret taking it, plus the limit was so low, I couldn't use it. I took an SBI BPCL Octane in Sept 2023, I got limit of 1.2 L.
I sent them mails asking them to upgrade my CC to Millenia and threatened to leave and move to Axis or ICICI(salary ~1L excl. stocks, other misc income 20k) so they are offering FYF Millenia to me. It's been 1 month of me fighting back and forth with them.
1702484011799.png I feel like the bank is not treating me right. I escalated this to PNO today, said they'd respond by 15th. Is Millenia worth the hassle, or do I move to another bank?
I don't know if it'd be better to move. I don't need flights or any fancy stuff, looking for a good card with discount on Amazon, Flipkart and daily shopping. For fuel I already have BPCL Octane.
What would the TF experts suggest? Worth moving or no?
PS- RM said no way to get card upgrade, it's only paid(not even FYF). My dad whose income is 2+LPM, he refused to give DCB, says even MoneyBack+ is paid.
My dad says HDFC is a good bank don't move out, but I would like a usable card with discounts.
Should I keep fighting, or move out?
My HDFC account will still be Imperia as it is linked to family Imperia, only my salary account will be separate.
Spends are on Amazon, Flipkart, Reliance, DMart, Apollo Medicines. Bonus if I'd get BOGO or movie offers. Lounge access doesn't matter.
ICICI and Axis both have tie-ups with my employer as well. ICICI is offering Rubyx as LTF based on my salary if I open account, but doesn't seem special. Maybe I can try Burgundy? Have 5L saved up, though I don't meet the salary criteria.

• Haha
Reactions: H2O
As others said dont go for Priority..instead go for Liberty Salary..
Axis ccs used to be really good.. but now just good enough..
Start the axis journey as far as CCs are concerned at this stage of your career , this is more suitable for you
My suggestion, take LTF Millennia & then switch to Axis or other banks.

Me seeing posts about people stuck with Moneyback while I got it converted to Regalia without any negotiation, income docs, or even a mail from my side.

5sec53.jpg

As others said dont go for Priority..instead go for Liberty Salary..
Axis ccs used to be really good.. but now just good enough..
Start the axis journey as far as CCs are concerned at this stage of your career , this is more suitable for you
Okay, will check out Liberty salary, thank you!
Any way to get MyZone card too?

Hello TF folks
I think it's useless to wait for HDFC, I think I'll go ahead and open another salary account.
Axis Liberty is what you would recommend? Liberty Salary, right? Not savings?
Are there better options out there for me?

Hello TF folks
I think it's useless to wait for HDFC, I think I'll go ahead and open another salary account.
Axis Liberty is what you would recommend? Liberty Salary, right? Not savings?
Are there better options out there for me?
If you are salaried, then obv go for liberty salary, as it does not have debit card fees. Other than liberty, all are not that good. Liberty gets you cashback of 500/month and voucher of 750/qtr. Go through axis liberty thread once

If you are salaried, then obv go for liberty salary, as I does not have debit card fees. Other than liberty, all are not that good. Liberty gets you cashback of 500/month and voucher of 750/qtr. Go through axis liberty thread once
Salary credit is 1LPM, so Liberty salary?
The only thread I found was about Liberty Savings and that is 150 pages long, is there another for Liberty Salary?
Any way in future I can jump to Burgundy directly from Liberty? Or would I be better off staying at priority first?

Would I get Axis Priority? Any scope of Burgundy if I open a/c with 5L?

Any benefits with axis?
Axis sucks big time. I closed my Burgundy account last week. I haven’t seen such blatant lying in any of the banks. HDFC is much better. Bro give some time to the bank. Just seeing the posts of people don’t get over excited and start jumping. You have just started the journey give it time. We also have 3 Imperia + Salary accounts with HDFC but they are not ready to upgrade my brothers Regalia Gold to Infinia. My friend’s monthly take home is about 3.8-3.9L he is saying he would transfer his salary account from ICICI to HDFC if they give LTF Infinia but they are not ready to give. Now all the banks are getting slightly stricter in issuing LTF cards and giving facilities. HDFX is a pretty good bank when compared to others so I would suggest to have some patience.

Salary credit is 1LPM, so Liberty salary?
The only thread I found was about Liberty Savings and that is 150 pages long, is there another for Liberty Salary?
Any way in future I can jump to Burgundy directly from Liberty? Or would I be better off staying at priority first?
Yes 1L credit is enough.
The only diff between both is that in salary you won't have to make 25k/month spends to waive off nmc charges, everything else is same. Yes if you have enough salary credit as per burgundy you can upgrade to burgundy via branch

Back