• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC refusing upgrade from MoneyBack+ on Imperia+Salary account, move out or stay?

gopalkaul

TF Buzz
This is my first post, please bear with me TF folks!
I have an Imperia HDFC account(due to my dad, it's been imperia since the past 7-8 years), I was a student up until June 2023, when I started working. I got preapproved MoneyBack+ CC with conditional LTF(50k in 3 months), and I thought to take it since I had to spend 50k in that month only, and I applied for it, and took the card. Limit was 50k(no income then, only student). Got card in Feb 2023, used and made it LTF. Then, post joining job, I used the same account as my salary account.
I found out, to all new account holders, that my employer offered a Regalia Gold as LTF. I sent upgrade form via branch with salary slips, HDFC only gave LE of 1.5L and refused upgrade stating card didn't have too many spends. First of all, MoneyBack+ was such a useless card, I regret taking it, plus the limit was so low, I couldn't use it. I took an SBI BPCL Octane in Sept 2023, I got limit of 1.2 L.
I sent them mails asking them to upgrade my CC to Millenia and threatened to leave and move to Axis or ICICI(salary ~1L excl. stocks, other misc income 20k) so they are offering FYF Millenia to me. It's been 1 month of me fighting back and forth with them.
1702484011799.png I feel like the bank is not treating me right. I escalated this to PNO today, said they'd respond by 15th. Is Millenia worth the hassle, or do I move to another bank?
I don't know if it'd be better to move. I don't need flights or any fancy stuff, looking for a good card with discount on Amazon, Flipkart and daily shopping. For fuel I already have BPCL Octane.
What would the TF experts suggest? Worth moving or no?
PS- RM said no way to get card upgrade, it's only paid(not even FYF). My dad whose income is 2+LPM, he refused to give DCB, says even MoneyBack+ is paid.
My dad says HDFC is a good bank don't move out, but I would like a usable card with discounts.
Should I keep fighting, or move out?
My HDFC account will still be Imperia as it is linked to family Imperia, only my salary account will be separate.
Spends are on Amazon, Flipkart, Reliance, DMart, Apollo Medicines. Bonus if I'd get BOGO or movie offers. Lounge access doesn't matter.
ICICI and Axis both have tie-ups with my employer as well. ICICI is offering Rubyx as LTF based on my salary if I open account, but doesn't seem special. Maybe I can try Burgundy? Have 5L saved up, though I don't meet the salary criteria.

• Haha
Reactions: H2O
But not without talking to RM :sneaky:. Anyways, congrats man! I hope I will probably earn enough for Infinia someday 🤞(HDFC might just devaluate/phase it out by then, but anyways).
Absolutely!! HDFC acting elite these days. Had to loop in Corporate RM since my usual RM could not do anything apart from selling ULIPs and FDs :LOL: . Happy I moved from 1 end of the CC spectrum to another.

Absolutely!! HDFC acting elite these days. Had to loop in Corporate RM since my usual RM could not do anything apart from selling ULIPs and FDs :LOL: . Happy I moved from 1 end of the CC spectrum to another.
If you are from Hyderabad, can you dm me the contact for corporate RM . I could not find the corporate RM for my company. So any corporate RM will do.

Axis sucks big time. I closed my Burgundy account last week. I haven’t seen such blatant lying in any of the banks. HDFC is much better. Bro give some time to the bank. Just seeing the posts of people don’t get over excited and start jumping. You have just started the journey give it time. We also have 3 Imperia + Salary accounts with HDFC but they are not ready to upgrade my brothers Regalia Gold to Infinia. My friend’s monthly take home is about 3.8-3.9L he is saying he would transfer his salary account from ICICI to HDFC if they give LTF Infinia but they are not ready to give. Now all the banks are getting slightly stricter in issuing LTF cards and giving facilities. HDFX is a pretty good bank when compared to others so I would suggest to have some patience.
Considering your friend has very high take home salary, I am bit confused as to why is he is going into this hassle for LTF Infinia. Infinia gives back equivalent joining points and unlimited lounge access(card+priority pass) to both primary and add-ons which itself a rare feature. Again I am saying this considering his salary considering he might be spending some good amount on travel

Considering your friend has very high take home salary, I am bit confused as to why is he is going into this hassle for LTF Infinia. Infinia gives back equivalent joining points and unlimited lounge access(card+priority pass) to both primary and add-ons which itself a rare feature. Again I am saying this considering his salary considering he might be spending some good amount on travel
Most of the folks have that mental barrier of paying fee for credit card. He can easily pay 10k but just not ready for it. And he’s a pilot so almost zero spends on travel 😂

Once you become a sb account holder, all the past sins will be washed out and all of a sudden you will become GOD in the eyes of AXIS !!!
Can confirm. Opened a lowly savings account in Axis (deposit of Rs. 3200). Called them today for some information on my Axis Neo and was told "since you are our valued customer we offer you an upgrade from Neo to Magnus". Never before has an amound of 3200 given me so much satisfaction.

Can confirm. Opened a lowly savings account in Axis (deposit of Rs. 3200). Called them today for some information on my Axis Neo and was told "since you are our valued customer we offer you an upgrade from Neo to Magnus". Never before has an amound of 3200 given me so much satisfaction.
The greatest value of ₹ 3,200 given to mankind.. magnanimous !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's not just HDFC, it's Imperia. Thought that mattered, since they brand it as something special.
And as I said, my employer comes under the Tier A list of HDFC, others got a Regalia Gold LTF, why can't I get a Millenia LTF? Doesn't it seem logical that I should get the same treatment that my fellow employees do, with no prior relationship with HDFC?
I was in the same boat as u. Had Moneyback with 60k limit. After switching company to internally listed company I closed and applied offline through agent (company RM connected to him). I was approved RG LTF with 3 lakhs limit.

That is the best way to do it. Complaining to any level while already holding a card wont help. Close and apply. If they reject, now play tennis with them, mostly they shouldnt.

I was in the same boat as u. Had Moneyback with 60k limit. After switching company to internally listed company I closed and applied offline through agent (company RM connected to him). I was approved RG LTF with 3 lakhs limit.

That is the best way to do it. Complaining to any level while already holding a card wont help. Close and apply. If they reject, now play tennis with them, mostly they shouldnt.
Just redeemed my points, will close it this month.
Bill is already generated, will I get the amount this month or next month?

Back