• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Savings Max charging SMS alert charged?

Did anyone send an email or asked HDFC?

As far as I remember, there was no prior 1-month announcement regarding the new implementation of Insta Alert charges.
Complained via email regarding this and received call back from my branch.they said charges has been revised from their side and will be credited soon.lets wait and see...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-24-22-42-35-728_com.google.android.gm-edit.webp
    Screenshot_2024-09-24-22-42-35-728_com.google.android.gm-edit.webp
    106.6 KB · Views: 26
Complained via email regarding this and received call back from my branch.they said charges has been revised from their side and will be credited soon.lets wait and see...
So, it was indeed a mistake. Thanks for the replying. I've also sent an email to the customer care.

In short, anyone who emails them will have their charges reversed, but if they don't, the charges will remain. Solid move HDFC ^^

So, it was indeed a mistake. Thanks for the replying. I've also sent an email to the customer care.

In short, anyone who emails them will have their charges reversed, but if they don't, the charges will remain. Solid move HDFC ^^
Think so...share if u received any call back too...

Did anyone send an email or asked HDFC?

As far as I remember, there was no prior 1-month announcement regarding the new implementation of Insta Alert charges.
On 21/09/2024 I raised the issue with HDFC for reversal of charges. The customer care executive agreed that Insta Alerts charges should not have been levied on your Savings Max account as Insta Alerts are free of charges for this account type. He registered my complaint and said that our back end team will investigate the issue and find out why this happened and you will be informed about the status within 7 working days. IMG_20240925_081747.webp

It’s great to hear that your issue was resolved! I believe many others could benefit from the same solution. If possible, could you please share the draft of the email you sent to HDFC? This would be really helpful for others facing similar issues.

Looking forward to your response.

Update: I received a call yesterday from the Indore headquarters. I explained everything to that girl, she seemed to have good knowledge of the bank products, quickly understood the problem and told me that she would pass the information on to the respective branch.

Just an hour later, I received a call from the branch, and the charges were reversed.

I also told her to inform their technical team about this issue so that it doesn't happen again, as the charges were for the October–December quarter.

We have already passed three quarters this year, and I don't want to send emails every month. She acknowledged my request and transferred the information to the technical team. Hopefully, this won’t happen again.

Mandatory SMS alerts are FREE as per RBI guidelines...Disable Insta Alerts (These are not mandatory alerts...These alerts are daily balance alerts etc)
No matter whatever rbi does, banks find a way to fleece customer.
angry marge simpson GIF

bhai gussa kyon ho rahe ho...its your choice to cancel or not...I only shared for which service the bank is charging
arreh mai kaha gussa ho rha bhai 😅 bus puch rha tha and yes, I completely get your point. It is indeed useless to have these messages, but jab free mai de rhe hai toh kya dikkat :hehe:

Mandatory SMS alerts are FREE as per RBI guidelines...Disable Insta Alerts (These are not mandatory alerts...These alerts are daily balance alerts etc)
Kaun se messages "Mandatory SMS Alerts" category mein aate hai?
Standard saving accounts ke liye sabhi banks quarterly SMS ke liye charge karte hai.
Saving Max kuchh premium category mein aata hai isliye InstaAlerts free hai.
InstaAlerts mein kya special hai wo kisi ko pata hai?

Kaun se messages "Mandatory SMS Alerts" category mein aate hai?
Standard saving accounts ke liye sabhi banks quarterly SMS ke liye charge karte hai.
Saving Max kuchh premium category mein aata hai isliye InstaAlerts free hai.
InstaAlerts mein kya special hai wo kisi ko pata hai?
Mandatory SMS alters are OTP SMS for transactions.
Insta alerts SMS are for balance changes, credit/debit alerts on savings account.

Spent some time in understanding this Oct-Dec SMS charges.

04OCT23 - SB MAX A/c opened with MAB of 25K. But, the 3 monthly statements - Oct, Nov n Dec - show the MAB as zero.

I think HDFC systems "classify" their SB accounts only at calendar quarter ends.

So, my SB MAX account shows MAB as ZERO for Oct, Nov n Dec months. Hence, their system charged SMS charges for OCT-DEC qrtr.

From Jan24 onwards, each statement shows the MAB as 25K as applicable to SB Max variant.

While normal SB account variant attracts SMS charges, SB MAX variant does not.

So, hopefully, they shouldn't charge SMS Charges from JAN24 onwards.

Let's wait n see. To know their logic.

Assuming that they have SOME logic.

Spent some time in understanding this Oct-Dec SMS charges.

04OCT23 - SB MAX A/c opened with MAB of 25K. But, the 3 monthly statements - Oct, Nov n Dec - show the MAB as zero.

I think HDFC systems "classify" their SB accounts only at calendar quarter ends.

So, my SB MAX account shows MAB as ZERO for Oct, Nov n Dec months. Hence, their system charged SMS charges for OCT-DEC qrtr.

From Jan24 onwards, each statement shows the MAB as 25K as applicable to SB Max variant.

While normal SB account variant attracts SMS charges, SB MAX variant does not.

So, hopefully, they shouldn't charge SMS Charges from JAN24 onwards.

Let's wait n see. To know their logic.

Assuming that they have SOME logic.
No, it is not like that. If your AMB is continuously zero for 3 months, then you have to pay service charges too because of non maintenance of average minimum balance.

No, it is not like that. If your AMB is continuously zero for 3 months, then you have to pay service charges too because of non maintenance of average minimum balance.
Balance was always 1L plus. Since day 1. Till now.

But, their INSTAKIT marks a SB A/c as MAB=0 while opening anew SB A/c.

Marking it as SB MAX is done later.

That's what their logic is. It appears so.

Balance was always 1L plus. Since day 1. Till now.

But, their INSTAKIT marks a SB A/c as MAB=0 while opening anew SB A/c.

Marking it as SB MAX is done later.

That's what their logic is. It appears so.
Mine MAB is also showing zero in statement. Opened SB max account on 21st sep this month with no instant kit.

Back