• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC SmartPay 5% Cashback - Credit Card or Easy Shop Platinum Debit Card?

ratheesh

TF Buzz
Hi, I am looking to find out whether I should register for smart-pay using my platinum debit card or credit card for the 5% cashback for first 12 months? I am getting conflicting details when I do a search on this.

So when does smartpay deduct the amount from the CC? Is it on due date? If so how long does it takes usually to reflect on the merchant end? Worried if it is gonna take 2-3 days after payment.

So when does smartpay deduct the amount from the CC? Is it on due date? If so how long does it takes usually to reflect on the merchant end? Worried if it is gonna take 2-3 days after payment.
4 to 5 days before due date. They will send message and SMS. Autopay doesn't trigger on holidays but on next working day. Most bills are in Bharat bill pay, so mostly they get settled in same day.

@ratheesh @thanixravindran - There is also an eVoucher offer on SmartPay page but the link (for more details) is broken
  • E-Voucher Offer - Get amazing e-voucher up to Rs. 800/Rs. 500 by registering for two or more utility bills on automatic payments using Credit /Debit Card.
Broken link: https://v.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/2020/jan/SmartPay_Product/index.html

Do you guys know if this is still an option?
Did anyone get this eVoucher & if Yes how much because it says Rs.800/Rs.500 - the whole thing is very confusing. Refer to screenshot for more info

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    45.6 KB · Views: 37
@ratheesh @thanixravindran - There is also an eVoucher offer on SmartPay page but the link (for more details) is broken
  • E-Voucher Offer - Get amazing e-voucher up to Rs. 800/Rs. 500 by registering for two or more utility bills on automatic payments using Credit /Debit Card.
Broken link: https://v.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/2020/jan/SmartPay_Product/index.html

Did anyone get this eVoucher & if Yes how much because it says Rs.800/Rs.500 - the whole thing is very confusing. Refer to screenshot for more info
Yes it is the same offer that is in Smartbuy portal under bills section. For 2 bills, it is 200 GV and I think 10 bills are needed for 800 using credit card. You have to register that many number of bills first time in that month. And at least pay once. After 3 months, GV will be given. My wife registered and got the GV.

On cc ,it will give 800 for 5 bills and for dc it will give 500 for 5 bills.

Yes it is the same offer that is in Smartbuy portal under bills section. For 2 bills, it is 200 GV and I think 10 bills are needed for 800 using credit card. You have to register that many number of bills first time in that month. And at least pay once. After 3 months, GV will be given. My wife registered and got the GV.
On cc ,it will give 800 for 5 bills and for dc it will give 500 for 5 bills.

Thank you. I was a little confused initially but got the following links which explained the offer, you are 100% on it !

Thank you. I was a little confused initially but got the following links which explained the offer, you are 100% on it !

Your e-voucher can be redeemed against one or more of your favourite brands - Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Uber, Ola, Amazon Pay, Zomato, Swiggy, Pantaloons, Lifestyle, PVR, KFC and many more.

Back