• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Specialé Gold And Specialé Platinum

I have a doubt regarding these accounts... If you're a HNI program member, can you and your group members get away with not maintaining minimum balance for these accounts? (Considering Classic banking needs lesser AMB than the Platinum account)

I recently activated it, what about it?
I have a doubt regarding these accounts... If you're a HNI program member, can you and your group members get away with not maintaining minimum balance for these accounts? (Considering Classic banking needs lesser AMB than the Platinum account)
True, they make it mandatory during sign up if converting from imperia to speciale platinum but post that they don't seem to care, atleast thats what the RM said.
But to make sure the signup benefits are given , its better to hold min balance for 90-120 days atleast

I recently activated it, what about it?

True, they make it mandatory during sign up if converting from imperia to speciale platinum but post that they don't seem to care, atleast thats what the RM said.
But to make sure the signup benefits are given , its better to hold min balance for 90-120 days atleast
"Converting from Imperia"? Isn't the Imperia program separate from the account variant? One won't lose the Imperia status on opening a Speciale Platinum account, right?

"Converting from Imperia"? Isn't the Imperia program separate from the account variant? One won't lose the Imperia status on opening a Speciale Platinum account, right?
yes but i ended up switching which is also possible, or u can hold 2 accounts under same customer ID, one will be imperia type whatever that means for locker charges etc and other would be speciale platinum

I recently opened an account in Hdfc. The welcome email said it is Speciale platinum. But the mobile app shows standard banking. I received platinum debit card and a cheque book with only 5 leaves.

Imperia is a banking variant that applies to all the banking services you take from HDFC at your customer ID level.

Special platinum is an account variant which is one step below and only applies to a specific account.

There can be multiple accounts in a single customer id.

Also, if you have imperia relationship by which you may have privilege of zero balance, the same will apply on special platinum. But, if you are not maintaining MAB requirement in this account variant, then you will not be entitled to voucher or taj membership. I found it the hard way. Even your FDs won't be counted against the MAB requirements. TnC are very clear, you need to have savings balance for the benefits.

Can anyone suggest if we can enroll for HDFC Preferred with Specialé Platinum account, because as I understand with Specialé Platinum one would anyways have to maintain AMB/AQB limit as required for preferred?

Back