• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank to Accor, Lifemiles & other Program Bonus Offer with Special Offer on Accor Plus

I have transferred 8500 points to my Accor account but unable to see option how to buy the Accor Explorer membership at 7500 points. Can someone please help?

I was calculating with a benefit of 75% extra accor points , the entire benefit on regular infinia spends comes out to be ~ 5.19% ( 3.3 x 0.5 x 1.75 x 1.8) .

However Atlas gives a good 7% return on normal spend on Accor ( 2 edge miles = 4 accor points = 7.2%)

So someone like me who has both infinia n Atlas, it doesn’t make sense to transfer infinia points even with this offer, if I am able to extract a better return from Atlas on regular spends.

Let me know if anyone thinks otherwise. Thx!

I was calculating with a benefit of 75% extra accor points , the entire benefit on regular infinia spends comes out to be ~ 5.19% ( 3.3 x 0.5 x 1.75 x 1.8) .

However Atlas gives a good 7% return on normal spend on Accor ( 2 edge miles = 4 accor points = 7.2%)

So someone like me who has both infinia n Atlas, it doesn’t make sense to transfer infinia points even with this offer, if I am able to extract a better return from Atlas on regular spends.

I agree. Feel the same

Not sure If I understand this comparison.
It's not so much about if you can get more return from atlas vs Infinia, it's more like you have two days to get better return from your Infinia reward points. These are points you already have so what gets you the best value?
if you say I can get more return by transferring my Infinia points to say IHG (or whatever), people can agree on that assesment.

Also, I think people should really stop comparing Infinia regular spends with other card regular spends, it's about the accelerated / bonus rewards brother.

Not sure If I understand this comparison.
It's not so much about if you can get more return from atlas vs Infinia, it's more like you have two days to get better return from your Infinia reward points. These are points you already have so what gets you the best value?
if you say I can get more return by transferring my Infinia points to say IHG (or whatever), people can agree on that assesment.

Also, I think people should really stop comparing Infinia regular spends with other card regular spends, it's about the accelerated / bonus rewards brother.
The calculations are pretty straight forward. And sorry my comment wasn’t to compare Infinia to Atlas. I was just confirming that the offer is still not very lucrative for someone having Atlas , as i can anyways generate more points even through regular spends.

In that case one would not want to loose flexibility with Infinia , which are - booking revenue tickets(where miles fail) and tanishq etc.

The calculations are pretty straight forward. And sorry my comment wasn’t to compare Infinia to Atlas. I was just confirming that the offer is still not very lucrative for someone having Atlas , as i can anyways generate more points even through regular spends.

In that case one would not want to loose flexibility with Infinia , which are - booking revenue tickets(where miles fail) and tanishq etc.
If you have 1 lac Points in Infinia what will you do? It may not be as lucrative as atlas but what is the option for redemption for Infinia? Its as good as it get for Infinia. Tanishq has 50k limit as well as very high making charges so they round up, booking tickets on smartbuy using 70% is still better but not best value when compared to using other platform for same Tickets.

If you have 1 lac Points in Infinia what will you do? It may not be as lucrative as atlas but what is the option for redemption for Infinia? Its as good as it get for Infinia. Tanishq has 50k limit as well as very high making charges so they round up, booking tickets on smartbuy using 70% is still better but not best value when compared to using other platform for same Tickets.
The limit of 50k for Tanishq is per month. You can leverage 50k points every month to generate vouchers that are valid for 6 months. So technically you can make a purchase and use 3 lakhs at one go. Yes making is high, but Tanishq gives appreciations on diamond jewellery which not many jeweller's give. What does that mean? - Your points indirectly get invested in the form of physical appreciating asset.

So if one wants to buy diamond jewellery they can buy during discount season in Tanishq. We always do that, hence it makes more sense to save my infinia points for this. But again, perspectives varies from person to person/household to household.

Also not transferring and not taking 7500 also bcos i cant stay anywhere expensive enough.i will use accor from atlas and infinia points to book 70:30 revenue flight. Will get to choose flight timing. Limiting to one frequent flyer means cant get my timings. Struggled lots with vistara

The limit of 50k for Tanishq is per month. You can leverage 50k points every month to generate vouchers that are valid for 6 months. So technically you can make a purchase and use 3 lakhs at one go. Yes making is high, but Tanishq gives appreciations on diamond jewellery which not many jeweller's give. What does that mean? - Your points indirectly get invested in the form of physical appreciating asset.

So if one wants to buy diamond jewellery they can buy during discount season in Tanishq. We always do that, hence it makes more sense to save my infinia points for this. But again, perspectives varies from person to person/household to household.
Any specific period for the discount sale in Tanishq?

So I've had both for a while now and sure devalued Infinia isn't as much fun but I assure you with accelerated rewards you will collect Infinia points wayy faster than atlas.

Anyway I agree that Infinia provides for more flexible options to use points vs a specific hotel/airlines partner and that is a very valid reason for not wanting to use the transfer this time. Really goes back to your current state of points and future plans but the deal in itself isn't bad :)

PS: In all frankness atlas sounds good on paper but hoping to collect a lot of points using just the 2% (or 4% in partner miles) return doesn't work out to a large number. I think m4b is the boss at this point, then infinia and then atlas.

PPS: jewellery mein gold is king, diamond ka future is not very bright to say the least.

So I've had both for a while now and sure devalued Infinia isn't as much fun but I assure you with accelerated rewards you will collect Infinia points wayy faster than atlas.

Anyway I agree that Infinia provides for more flexible options to use points vs a specific hotel/airlines partner and that is a very valid reason for not wanting to use the transfer this time. Really goes back to your current state of points and future plans but the deal in itself isn't bad :)

PS: In all frankness atlas sounds good on paper but hoping to collect a lot of points using just the 2% (or 4% in partner miles) return doesn't work out to a large number. I think m4b is the boss at this point, then infinia and then atlas.

PPS: jewellery mein gold is king, diamond ka future is not very bright to say the least.
Agree gold is the king! But a women’s mind doesnt always work like an investor .. ;)

I agree! For me its mainly for GYFTR (accelerated reward purchase), school fees and overall infinia status- as it still is the top most card variant with hdfc ..

For non accelerated spends i always balance out between infinia n atlas to have flexibility with redemption options

cool will do it today :) turned out to be in the miles/point transfer game I guess
I will be using the accor hotels for the first time and not frequently traveling only once or twice an year,
What do you suggest is buying the accor explorer membership with 7500 pta is worth it or i should just take a first time experience and booking hotel with the points i have?

I will be using the accor hotels for the first time and not frequently traveling only once or twice an year,
What do you suggest is buying the accor explorer membership with 7500 pta is worth it or i should just take a first time experience and booking hotel with the points i have?
Yes that 7500 points u can easily compensate by a stay free
Buffet free on other occasion is add on

AccorPlus Explorer Offer:

HDFC has gone even further by offering a fantastic deal with AccorPlus. You can buy an AccorPlus Explorer membership for just 7,500 Reward Points, which is an incredible value. If you plan to visit Australia, Cambodia, China, Fiji, French Polynesia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam, you can benefit from Accor Plus discounts on room rates and many other perks. Additionally, the AccorPlus Explorer membership includes 2 free nights, making it an unbelievably valuable offer at only 7,500 Reward Points. You can click here to go to the offer page.

This link Shows page not found or deleted?
I found out that Accor points are bought in millions by the banks for just 46 paisa! Screenshot_2024-08-01-23-02-11-74_96b26121e545231a3c569311a54cda96.webp

Back