• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC's new term 😂 regarding Credit card application

alok416

TF Ace
Till now we have seen -

"Your application InProcess"

"Your application Declined"

"Your application is approved "

Sometimes it get decline....then approve...then inprocess 😂

Now When i applied for Hdfc millenia Hdfc shown me a new term 😂 - " Your Credit card is approve"

Hdfc have more terms then rainbow 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230911_172324_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230911_172324_Chrome.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 243
My story is also somewhat strange. Applied for NEU Infinity as my 2nd card and got rejected, upon asking I was told by the Escalation team to send the address details to their Chennai office, same day emailed the nodal officer. After 7 days of sending the address details card got approved and dispatched by the following day. The same day nodal officer emailed me to tell me that "your application is on hold due to an occupation mismatch with your existing card" I was like ha bhai thik hai.😆 I am using the card full-fledgedly.

Man, HDFC Bank needs to hire some proofreaders. "Your Credit Card is APPROVE." This sentence is grammatically so wrong! No wonder why people fall prey to phishing so easily.
They have just 4 words IN PROCESS, APPROVE, DECLINE and DELIVERED which they just string interpolate inside their sentence: Your Credit Card is ______

Anyway for approval messages the grammar doesn’t matter that much. Card milna chahiye bas :)

Happend to me just last week.
I had applied for Marriott bonvoy card.

After 3 days got an email saying that I already hold other HDFC cards (Neu infinity & Regalia) so they cannot process this card but I can apply for limit enhancement on my existing card by mailing to Chennai.

On 4th day I got an email that card is approved 😂

Recieved the card 2 days after that. Activated it as well by making a transaction.

Each n every applicant has a different and unhappy story line on their HDFC CC Sortie.
I salute them in innovating new ways - for each interaction - of HOW NOT TO DO A SYSTEMATC n METHODICAL JOB. Everytime, a new guy handles your case - who always start at SUB-ZERO level. And, mid-way in understanding the problem, introduces you to another equally dumb n stupid head. Back to SUB-ZERO level.

Branch team does not know,
CC Customer Care team does not know.
Grievance/escalation team does not know.
Chennai CC Branch team does not know.
RNO and PNO does not know.

All pervasive n uniform ignorance levels.

Only agents know. I am made to understand that AGENTS ARE RUNNING THEIR OPERATIONS.
Correct nimcapoos in hdfc. Anything u ask do not know. Because when they get trained they don't ask relevant question abt their product nor learn. Hdfc thinks we are at theor mercy most pvt banks thing like that sbi is another level altogeather

I have applied for a card 15 days back and few days back got sms that it’s approved in principle but then showing decline in web. Whats the correct status

I have applied for a card 15 days back and few days back got sms that it’s approved in principle but then showing decline in web. Whats the correct status

Just 15 days...? You got a loooooopng way to go.

Innovative ways by this Bank will make you forget your logic n reasoning. If they say approved, it can mean anything from application not found to card activated or declined. If you are lucky like me, card might have been issued on 2nd day, and despatched on 3rd day and cancelled on 4th day n made dormant on 5th day.

Thanks to these jokers, I have leant a lot about a million ways how things can be screwed up - however routine a task is.

Keep us posted. Everyone got a huge story to tell. We are all ears.

Today it shows not found. Not sure if I can ignore tracking site and consider the sms status of in principle approved. Did it happen for anyone to card get declined even after receiving approval sms? If it’s actually declined will I get some emails?
I applied through branch using my payslips.
The sms looks like below

12 Dec:
Your HDFC Bank Credit Card Application No. is approved in principle subject to Internal Checks. We will update you soon.

13 Dec:
Your HDFC Bank Credit Card application No. has been processed. Track status after 2 days here https://hdfcbk.io/ao/JeTHW1Z

After the last sms it’s showing decline.

Today it shows not found. Not sure if I can ignore tracking site and consider the sms status of in principle approved. Did it happen for anyone to card get declined even after receiving approval sms? If it’s actually declined will I get some emails?
The sms looks like below

12 Dec:
Your HDFC Bank Credit Card Application No. is approved in principle subject to Internal Checks. We will update you soon.

13 Dec:
Your HDFC Bank Credit Card application No. has been processed. Track status after 2 days here https://hdfcbk.io/ao/JeTHW1Z

Exact same happened to me last week. Got that sms to track status amd now its showing decline. but no other emails or sms or calls received after that sms. So I just left it. If it comes, it comes; if not, I'll stay on my regalia. Funfact I dont even know which card they are talinmg about since I applied for 2 or 3 cards in the last 3 months time.

Exact same happened to me last week. Got that sms to track status amd now its showing decline. but no other emails or sms or calls received after that sms. So I just left it. If it comes, it comes; if not, I'll stay on my regalia. Funfact I dont even know which card they are talinmg about since I applied for 2 or 3 cards in the last 3 months time.
You're playing the Russian roulette with HDFC cards while the bank will play with your application status.

The sms looks like below

12 Dec:

13 Dec:

Very strange but again saw status that it’s been processed but again got sms that it’s processed and now checking the status and saying Decline. I am really confused.

T
Very strange but again saw status that it’s been processed but again got sms that it’s processed and now checking the status and saying Decline. I am really confused.
Seems to be happening for both of us at the same time. I had already seen the status as declined, but received an email yesterday asking to send my passport size photo scan to process application.. hdfc sop's are really screwed up...

Last edited:
T

Seems to be happening for both of us at the same time. I had already seen the status as declined, but received an email yesterday asking to send my passport size photo scan to process application.. hdfc sop's are really screwed up...
I haven’t received any email. Not sure what’s happening.

Today I called my RM and he did mention that address tele verification failed which is very strange as I confirmed my address on verification call long back and even the address on aadhar and bank account is same.

Back